is B&W gone tacky ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have some really nice pieces, but some of the recent stuff is on the ghastly side

It's never appealed to me at all. Anything I've seen looks tacky and of poor quality, and I couldn't believe the rate at which the TSV croc bags sold out. (And then went back once people saw how badly made they were...)

Gone tacky I thought they were already tacky with some of their items, some of them are ok but some are just plain tacky.

I have never understood why they sell "fashion" jewellery for that price when you can get the real thing for the same or even cheaper. I remember seeing a B&W "fashion" necklace & earrings in the Bargain bin once, then I went to gemset gold in the bargain bin and I got a lovely gold gem necklace for less even including the P&P.:D

Some of the original made in the the UK stuff was rather fantastic - if I remember rightly some if it was made from vintage beads reworked into new pieces.

I visit the London shop quite regularly at sale time and it's fascinating to see the different standards and qualities. Some of the semi-precious jewellery is beautifully constructed but often too heavy and bold for my taste. At the other end of the scale is the 'market-style' made in China costume jewellery (but in the sale it's at market prices so that's OK!)

In between there are still some beautiful pieces to be had. Last month I bought an amber bead necklace with a flower pendant (petals in two colours of amber, clear/dark and light/cloudy) It's stunning, supposedly a one-off, and cost £15 reduced from over £100.

The bags are also hugely variable, some of the evening bags are beautifully constructed but the day bags are cheap and cheerful and don't look like they would last.

The only thing I don't like at all is the clothing, but a skinny friend of mine wears it and looks good.

Never bought any Butler & Wilson from QVC - it doesn't reflect the quality of some of the items that can be found in the shop.

Latest posts

Back