Irradiated stones

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Reddwarf, your post was so nostalgic! I remember a school trip to the Blue John Mines many years ago, the gift shop etc and being fairly unimpressed with the look of the rough!!
Much better was having a go at some goldpanning in the U.S as a child, god that was exciting, and we took away our minute specks of sandy glitter in a little tube!

:mysmilie_696:

Talking about nostalgia, remember 3 things, one when eldest son was 3 (hes now coming up to 22!) went to the Isle of Wight (lots of shops selling craft type things there) and we did the fill a glass container with all the different coloured sands - he choose a tortoise - and still has it!!

When used to go into Blackpool shopping, coming in from the Lytham side, used to be somewhere along on the right hand side (cant remember if it was after the Sea Life Centre or not) but a little shop that sold wind chimes and wind catchers, and dream catchers - all things to do with pebbles and sea shells - typical holiday souvenirs - but i loved it - miss Blackpool - the best place on this planet to go clothes shopping imoho!!

Then I like going down to Bournemouth, in the shopping centre they used to have a lovely shop selling gems related things. Also good shop at Ashby De La Zouch, down to Avebury and then onto Glastonbury. Once when hiking up the hills close to Blue John Mines, it Derbyshire isnt it? Once scorched my hand in a teashop in Bakewell!! lol. Had been to Chatsworth for the day!

And Burley in the new forest do a lot of nice craft things too - i like nothing better than a good old mooch about arts and crafty type of shops (especially HOMEMADE Fudge shops........!!! best place ever for fudge.... YORK!!) xxx

Lovely memories Persian Glitter! Amazing how much sentiment we attach to holidays and favourite places. Now, you mention York, which has rather embarrassing memories for me. When I was in primary school our teacher announced the very exciting news that we were going on a school trip and outlined some of the amazing activities lined up. Must have overdone the enthusiasm somewhat, cos I tore home, burst through the door and breathlessly told my mother that Mr. Ferguson was taking my class to New York!
Never quite got over the disappointment that followed, the steam museum, cathedral and city walls didn't really do it for me!

Lovely memories Persian Glitter! Amazing how much sentiment we attach to holidays and favourite places. Now, you mention York, which has rather embarrassing memories for me. When I was in primary school our teacher announced the very exciting news that we were going on a school trip and outlined some of the amazing activities lined up. Must have overdone the enthusiasm somewhat, cos I tore home, burst through the door and breathlessly told my mother that Mr. Ferguson was taking my class to New York!Never quite got over the disappointment that followed, the steam museum, cathedral and city walls didn't really do it for me!

Aaah bless :mysmilie_697:

Latest posts

Back