Interesting comment by Debbie Flint about a change in live hours soon...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

theresa b

Registered Shopper
Just had QVC on the background and Debbie mentioned in the 1pm-2pm repeat that as from the Spring they are only going to be live until 1am... Quite a change for QVC after all these years... And a bit of a pain for people who have relied on seeing the TSV repeat at 7am before they go to work.

I wonder if they're gonna go live from 8am then? IW have been doing it for as long as I can remember.

It was only a matter of time and wouldnt be surprised if TSV was brought forward too in time. Some guests do make remarks about the midnight start and only stay for the first hour.Especially if they are expected to be back the following morning.

People have commented before on here the excitement of TSV launch has gone so maybe people dont stay up like they used to. It means they can cut the call centre times too.

I would have thought they might have gone longer than shorter, they did give night time shows a number of years ago!

I echo SCW comment that Q will not change TSV midnight launch time. I believe that Q are very entrenched in their (90's) business model. TSV launch then was almost appointment TV viewing with focus on a diverse range of well priced and high quality products and not about the presenters egos.

However in the past year they have been emailing us to order ahead of time and TBH the last one I remember (LR I think) was days away from the launch which sort of negates the whole thing of it being Today's SV.

I don't suppose they'll change because if its really popular it might sell out before midnight and they won't have a TSV then for the next day, me personally, I wish it would change to ten, be cause its not fair on people who for whatever reason can't stay up till midnight. Ideal World have the right idea buy having their pick of the day on at 9pm, have done since it began.

I've long since realised that TSV stock levels are decided around a conference table. How else can OTO's be decided upon - certainly not spur of the moment like they would have us think, if the tsv has sold out or has reduced airings. If there is other stock they want to shift then they cut down the TSV numbers and fill the day with OTO's !!!!!

When I lived in Canada and was snowed in a lot of the year I used to enjoy Telly shopping on Canada's 'The Shopping Channel' They had a daily 'showstopper' which started early in the morning maybe 6am? That is probably a better model, although I must admit a few times not being able to sleep still thinking about if I should have bought it afterall and getting up early to make a last minute order. LOL

Yesterday Chloe was wittering on about an important announcement and how much she could and couldn't tell the viewer.She and Lulu were having a giggle about whatever the announcement is .To be honest I gave up and turned off,couldn't stand the inside joke going on........

Ohhhhhhh lets guess ! QVC are going into liquidation !!!! and all the presenters will be flooding the other shopping channels - Charlie on the Jewellery Channel, Debbie Flint on the JML continual loop, and Julia pleading for a spot on IW !

Yesterday Chloe was wittering on about an important announcement and how much she could and couldn't tell the viewer.She and Lulu were having a giggle about whatever the announcement is .To be honest I gave up and turned off,couldn't stand the inside joke going on........

I got impression it was an announcement to do with LuluG

They changed the live hours to finish at 1am some years back (about 15 I think!) It didn't last long and they changed it back to 2am due to public demand!

I think they might be changing to launch TSV's at 11pm. If you search on the TV guide of brands with TSV's the timings state 11-1am if a two hour show or 11-12am if just an hour!

They've done occasional live days but when I first started watching (about '95) the night time hours were filled with stills of the previous day's items set to muzak...it was quite restful in the wee small hours feeding my babies and trying to settle them again! I also miss the TSV count-down clock...how sad am I?

Latest posts

Back