InStyler TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BusyLizzie

Registered Shopper
Any reviews on this Instyler TSV please as I'm constantly on the look-out for that ideal styling tool? Guess it's worth a try as it's on easy-pay! I have short hair but love a bit of volume and it did seem to give that result with the demo on the second model.

I burnt my fingers which clouded my opinion of the one with the fatter barrel. I get better results with DD's pointy wand thingy (also a risk of burnt fingers)...mind you I don't really like myself with curly/wavy hair so I've never gone out with it "done". My hair is too fine for the original instyler, I had to use a large chunk for the brushy bit to grip the clump to the heated barrel which means the waves were limp and pathetic for the effort.

Jude xx

Thanks Akimbo, decided to give it a go as it's on easy-pay. All this wet weather isn't helping my hair and I'm thoroughly cheesed off with it so I feel prepared to try anything to improve the look! Flat and uninteresting just isn't pulling in any admiring glances, least of all from OH, so I need to take drastic action...........:wink:

Let me know how you get on with it, maybe the smaller barrel will suit fine hair.

Jude xx

Got one and don't use it any more, burnt myself so many times and get better results with a straightener.

i have the yogi straightener and i just smooth and flick for my mid bob. i also use volumising products to get hold and lift. just got the richard ward tsv so hoping for even better things. anyone use this hair range?

i have the yogi straightener and i just smooth and flick for my mid bob. i also use volumising products to get hold and lift. just got the richard ward tsv so hoping for even better things. anyone use this hair range?

Got the root booster once and it was useless so it joined all the other products I've spent a fortune on over the years in my search for something to make my hair look thicker.

I tried the Root Booster and even got a large bottle as I was convinced this was THE product but I found it useless too.....I've offered it for sale in The Drop if anyone's interested. However, I do rather like his Volume Shampoo and Conditioner, that definitely seems to work for me.

Watching the demo on short hair, I can't see anything a brush and hairdryer wouldn't achieve.

I've never been that great at blow-drying my hair, find it a bit of a struggle with a brush and hairdryer to be honest. Anyway, I'll give this TSV a go but it will be heading straight back if it's not as good as they say. Bit worried about the prospect of keep burning myself though as I am rather clumsy with gadgets!

Got the root booster once and it was useless so it joined all the other products I've spent a fortune on over the years in my search for something to make my hair look thicker.

It's a pain isn't it!
I've noticed a difference though since changing to a SLS free shampoo at the end of 2011. Hair is growing all around my hairline & when I hold a section of hair up, I can see the shorter strands. I'm afraid to use anything that could possibly damage my hair so the InStyler is not from me.

It's a pain isn't it!
I've noticed a difference though since changing to a SLS free shampoo at the end of 2011. Hair is growing all around my hairline & when I hold a section of hair up, I can see the shorter strands. I'm afraid to use anything that could possibly damage my hair so the InStyler is not from me.

That's very interesting......what shampoo are you using now Minim? OH's hair is going quite thin now (although we reckon his medication has accelerated this problem along with natural ageing!) so I'm all for trying products to prevent further loss and perhaps encourage some new growth for him.

I've got that Babyliss big style thingamy which is great for giving my hair shine and volume. And best of all it doesn't have any red hot bits to burn yourself on. BUT it doesn't do curls or straighten.

I have shoulder length hair is a sort of layered "do". It's baby fine but there's loads of it. Trouble is it tends to look thicker from the ears down so I really need a boost at the roots. Bumble & Bumble or John Freida root thickeners work for me but for best results whack in three of four big Velcro rollers in a line from fringe to back of your head for as long as you can manage after drying. That's my "top tip" for root volume.

Would quite like to try the instyler but I know I'll singe my fingers.

That's very interesting......what shampoo are you using now Minim? OH's hair is going quite thin now (although we reckon his medication has accelerated this problem along with natural ageing!) so I'm all for trying products to prevent further loss and perhaps encourage some new growth for him.

I bought the 'Naked' Range - Hydrating shampoo, conditioner & hair mousse
http://www.nakedbodycare.co.uk/all-products

Last time I was in TK Max, I saw & bought Foltène Thinning Hair Shampoo for Men and Women, the milder SLES free version.
I think there are several versions available
http://www.ciao.co.uk/Foltene_Shampoo_for_Thinning_Hair__8150928

It was less than a fiver in TK so worth giving it a shot.
I will repurchase, but will have to watch out for the SLES version

..... I have shoulder length hair is a sort of layered "do". It's baby fine but there's loads of it. Trouble is it tends to look thicker from the ears down so I really need a boost at the roots. ....

That's the other problem I had - selective growth lol.
Last August, I had foil hi-lites. I've still got them on the top of my head!
Visits to my hairdresser (armed with my own shampoo) involved literally an old fashioned 'back & sides' and a "Nip" to quote Laura (my hairdresser), on the top layers.
Last time I went, two weeks ago, we not only decided I could revert to my right side parting again because I had grown back hair that side, BUT my fringe needed a trim - Hallelujah!
I'd love more hi-lites but will wait.
Anyway, I seem to be missing out on turning grey. I'm going straight to white.

You could always re-mortgage your house or sell your body and buy that revitalash hair care range!

I find it's not always the products you use though to get more body and thickness. Sometimes all my hair needs is a bliddy good trim and maybe a bit of layering.

Ah Min that's great that you're getting some real progress. I've had thinning hair in the past and although it wasn't too bad I really notice the difference now the underlying condition is being treated. And for me it almost seemed to improve all of sudden.

Latest posts

Back