Indigo Moon...discuss

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I must say I think they have changed over the past few years ...Well Charlie thinks they are "out of this world" and he said that more than once!..and now we know the sizes are calibrated so must be very accurate !!
I give a thumbs down to men presenting fashion when they know zilch about it!

I have a duster jacket that has hardly any embellishments on it at all and I wear it only to certain places where I know I won't get laughed at (won't wear it here then!)

And a reduced jacket that was £10 and very well made.

I like their stuff but only ones without massive embroidery motifs on, there are a minuscule quantity of them if you look carefully. I've had loads of compliments about both of my jackets so I don't think it's people looking at me and feeling sorry for me and saying something nice, the comments are coming from honest people. I'm a bit of a hippy as well although I don't know if 40 something is considered that certain age.

Think the tsv is awful tho.

Here was the item I bought. It is Item Number 136503 currently in clearance. Sorry my pic is not so good, but it is not the usually hideous Indigo Moon stuff.

Attachments

• Imoon.jpg
    Imoon.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 196
#17 That's actually very pretty Suzy, I quite liked the 'soft sage' option too!
Does your item wash OK? I noticed a lot of the negative comments on reviews for IM were to do with shrinkage problems & also the dyes running, sometimes quite horrendously by the sounds of it!

Oops, that should've been to Suzy at post #23, not #17!
(Memory of a goldfish obviously, forgotten the number in the time it took for page to reload after hitting post reply!):25:

I don't think I've ever seen anybody wearing it in real life. Maybe there's special places Indigo moonies go to flaunt their apparel! (Dark, dark places.....)

I have seen a few people wearing it at craft fairs (papercrafting ones where you buy cardmaking a scrapbooking supplies), they are normally 60+ and large-ish.

Did anybody hear the T-caller last night? She said when she wore her IM she had been approached by three different men when she was having a drink in a bar...they each said she was gorgeous, hmmmmm....maybe I need to rethink? :54:

Did she say what the men were like though?

I reckon that she was the only woman they could see across a crowded room due to the embelishments catching the light. Some men are like Magpie's and are attracted to shiny things!!

It reminded me of the sort of thing 60-year-old hippies would buy to attend a wedding or somewhere else they had to look smart.

That's why I bought one then! I was a bit of a hippy and when I first saw the range I liked it. I bought a long tan velvet coat years ago. It's lovely but only appears at Christmas cos it's a bit 'loud' and I feel like a walking decoration. Actually...I didn't wear it this year when I come to think of it.

Hippy type here as well I am afraid. I used to love the range and bought a few jackets which "I haf to say" were admired, although no men approached me!

I think they are now just churned out and a lot of them are not to my liking, to begin with it was different but now it is on too often.

Have IM not heard about the current credit crunch, I don't think there is many of us who can afford the prices at the moment. The top just on was £50 when you added the P&P on!!! Sorry QVC but that is my food shop money for the week, if I bought one of the tops we couldnt eat. They really should start being realistic to the current climate. I always used to buy all the Molton Brown, Philosophy etc etc but I have changed dramatically cause of the money side, now we make do with far cheaper high street items and I have survived perfectly well. To think I used to spend £45+ on L'Occitane TSV's I just cannot justify it now. My hubby has just had an enforced paycut so we are really struggling and he has taken a second evening job whilst I look after our little girl, it wouldn't be fair on him to spend the prices on QVC these days.

Good and sensible Spooky! I'm in the same boat. And it sounds like you have a good man too! It's amazing how once you wake up and look for decent well-priced high street options, it really makes a difference to your money. We live in a world full of hype, but when you cut through that and just look at what you really need at sensible prices, you feel like you've woken up from a spell or something! And in the end, you feel you have the correct perspective on what really matters in life.

I'm with you Spooky and mariecat. I still buy from QVC but I'm less of an impulse buyer now. I too was a Molton Brown addict but I've left it behind. I just can't justify spending over £10 on shower gel.

I don't understand the attraction of IM either, although a friend has one of the less garish jackets and it looks really nice for a night out. She's under 50 and not large LOL

I don't get MB at all as it is full of sls and it is literally throwing your money down the drain!!

I agree, I just use cheap moisturiser, it is just as good as the expensive stuff at QVC, I also think that alot of the time its not always what you put on your face it is what you put inside you that can make you look older, got to say, drinking and smoking can age, so to save money, I don't drink or smoke, I am saving lots of money, I'm 90 and I look 20, (in my dreams)

I agree that IM has got really pricey. Tuned in last night and they were trying to flog a t-shirt for £30 plus P&P!! A t-shirt for gawd's sake - not even full sleeves!! Give me M&S any day.

Anyone watching Cash in the Attic, Looks like an Indigo Moon jacket being worn by the lady selling her items.

I spotted that, also a QVC bedspread and a jewellery cabinet, think I should get out more :2:

Latest posts

Back