"I'm Not Preggers": Catherine

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I always turn off QVC if she's the presenter, she's so annoying - constantly referring to herself when it's not appropriate, and why does she think sales will increase if she says she's buying the item she's trying to sell? I just find her superior smugness too much..... and couldn't care less whether she's pregnant, she'll just be happy that we are talking about HER!

Catherine is not a favourite presenter of mine. I cannot comprehend, however, the impetus for creating the opening post. If it is just to comment on the fact that you think CH is rather narcissistic, say that. There is no need to invent a diatribe originating, purportedly, from the lady herself.

Catherine is not a favourite presenter of mine. I cannot comprehend, however, the impetus for creating the opening post. If it is just to comment on the fact that you think CH is rather narcissistic, say that. There is no need to invent a diatribe originating, purportedly, from the lady herself.

Well, I could indeed have done a straight report of Catherine's words about not being pregnant, how this forum continually speculates about the fact, and how the reason is that she carries weight around her middle.

But amongst the thousands of posts we see like that, i thought i would try something a bit different. So I made it into a newspaper report, taking her words, twisting them slightly, adding in real quotes from other sources and a couple more "facts" to give the impression of a single interview. That is how people get misrepresented in the media. Catherine works in the media, we are communicating via social media right now. And given the considerable comment here about Catherine's tendency to discuss herself, I thought it might be an interesting/different way to report her comments and generate further discussion.

Sorry if you didnt comprehend it, or didnt like it but theres plenty of "normal" threads to choose from. Vive le difference eh? :0)

Well, I could indeed have done a straight report of Catherine's words about not being pregnant, how this forum continually speculates about the fact, and how the reason is that she carries weight around her middle.

But amongst the thousands of posts we see like that, i thought i would try something a bit different. So I made it into a newspaper report, taking her words, twisting them slightly, adding in real quotes from other sources and a couple more "facts" to give the impression of a osingle interview. That is how people get misrepresented in the media. Catherine works in the media, we are communicating via social media right now. And given the considerable comment here about Catherine's tendency to discuss herself, I thought it might be an interesting/different way to report her comments and generate further discussion.

Sorry if you didnt comprehend it, or didnt like it but theres plenty of "normal" threads to choose from. Vive le difference eh? :0)

Well I thought it was great - both as a more interesting way to say that she's been talking about herself (again) and as a point about "celebrity" media

Burlybear your a star

Firstly the title should spell 'you're a star' but I can't edit it for some reason.

BurlyBear, you really didn't have to justify your post. I got it straight away that it was tongue in cheek. You have a real talent which always makes me smile and sometimes roll on the floor laughing. Keep them coming I say and don't change the style, they're great and very original. We're lucky to have you on this forum :heart:

Last edited:

But amongst the thousands of posts we see like that, i thought i would try something a bit different. So I made it into a newspaper report, taking her words, twisting them slightly, adding in real quotes from other sources and a couple more "facts" to give the impression of a single interview. That is how people get misrepresented in the media. Catherine works in the media, we are communicating via social media right now. And given the considerable comment here about Catherine's tendency to discuss herself, I thought it might be an interesting/different way to report her comments and generate further discussion.

Next time include spoiler type tags, something along the lines of **Warning: Satire Ahead** then it might not get mistaken for a diatribe. :devil:

Well I thoroughly enjoyed it BB, and I support the request for this journalistic approach for some of the other Q Divas - you'll have so much material to play with. You are very talented BB as is the lovely Snarly, and I think it's a refreshing change.
:mysmilie_859:
But a quick please from me to others - lets not turn these threads into an excuse for a barny, if you don't like them could you just 'switch over' to another thread.......

Another positive vote from me, i thought it was well written and hilarious, made me LOL and i think Catheringe
herself would appreciate it. Why else does she draw attention to these things, its a type of show business, and
they love the attention. More please ........ :clapping:

Firstly the title should spell 'you're a star' but I can't edit it for some reason.

BurlyBear, you really didn't have to justify your post. I got it straight away that it was tongue in cheek. You have a real talent which always makes me smile and sometimes roll on the floor laughing. Keep them coming I say and don't change the style, they're great and very original. We're lucky to have you on this forum :heart:

Totally agree with you Huggles. BurlyBear I second all of what Huggles has just said. Your posts are great.

If we were all the same there'd be no need for different skincare ranges.

Though I'm relieved to see that as well as armchair humourists, we also have armchair critics too.

I didn't realise that posts on here are only supposed to be written in one sort of way, with no hint of personality or humour.

If that's the case, then I may as well go read QVC's own website :wait:

And i" third " that and long may it continue :heart: Just what we need

Thanks :heart: So back to Catherine. We haven't had an update on her relationship status for yonks have we? What's going on? A friend of mine has just got pregnant at 39 so 41 isn't much of a stretch is it? I imagine conceiving after the age of 40 is fairly routine these days. I wouldn't write Catherine off in the baby stakes just yet. Carry on speculating folks! :talking:

Last we heard she was going out with RD's husband's workmate .

I think an update is due.

Mrs Dottie ,where are you?

Now see? I wasn't going to mention that in case RD is under some sort of gagging order. But seeing as you're not as diplomatic as I am.... RD? Where are ya? Spill!

Thanks :heart: So back to Catherine. We haven't had an update on her relationship status for yonks have we? What's going on? A friend of mine has just got pregnant at 39 so 41 isn't much of a stretch is it? I imagine conceiving after the age of 40 is fairly routine these days. I wouldn't write Catherine off in the baby stakes just yet. Carry on speculating folks! :talking:
I think that now her two are grown up and sort of fending for themselves, i can't see Cathering wanting another baby.

She's so into her "looks" , different hair styles and make up etc, that a baby would ruin that lifestyle, and her personal appearance would have to take a step back, and the baby would be centre stage.

Can't see her doing that, she loves the limelight and the attention, and she'd have to take maternity leave and not get the freebies etc., sorry its just not her style. I'd say her baby days are over. And she'll love this thread as it has over 1000 views and rising lol

Latest posts

Back