If Philip Kingsley's range is so good.....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

why does he have hair like orange candy floss?

Awww thats funny. i think he is luvverly and wouldn't look out of place in Oklahoma :)

Tee hee I sooo don't mean oklahoma - off to google and back later with hte correct musical :)

OK I'm sure I'm thinking of meet me in St Louis d'oh! :) or possibly Mary Poppins - ok giving up now.

Last edited:
he's an old fella though isn't he, must be well into his 70's if not older, think there is only so much elasticizer can do!!

I'm not watching at the moment but when I've seen his shows before the woman look far too 'bouffanted' for my taste.

His itchy scalp stuff is pretty good though, I sometimes get a sore scalp from hair dye and this is the only thing that sorts it out.

Orange candyfloss is a good description, bless him he is getting on tho and his products are supposed to be good. Can't stand the way JillFranks fawns all over him tho when she's on with him - makes me feel ill watching it

Never mind Shredded Wheat Kingsley - what about Miss Allykins? Her hair looked really bad this afternoon, as though it needed a really good wash, cut and blowdry - considering she was doing a haircare hour you would have thought she might have made the effort. She kept brushing it through the whole time she was on air and it still looked raggedy.

I just get very cross that she's supposed to be the resident beauty expert with twelvety bajillion years experience - but she seems to wander on set like she's just been at the local WI Bring and Buy...

Never mind Shredded Wheat Kingsley - what about Miss Allykins? Her hair looked really bad this afternoon, as though it needed a really good wash, cut and blowdry - considering she was doing a haircare hour you would have thought she might have made the effort. She kept brushing it through the whole time she was on air and it still looked raggedy.

I just get very cross that she's supposed to be the resident beauty expert with twelvety bajillion years experience - but she seems to wander on set like she's just been at the local WI Bring and Buy...

I burst out laughing when I read this Cavegirl. I didn't see this afternoon. Saw her this morning & AGAIN she trotted out '' I'm the resident beauty expect with etc etc ''

Hideous outfit this morning with the nails to match:sad:

I bought an itchy flaky scalp kit and a few other bits for a friend who was at the end of her tether as she's had major problems and it cleared it up for her. She's careful with what she uses now. I thought the bits of the range I tried were good too - I bought a TSV way back.

PK is in pretty fine fettle for his age, whatever that is! However, the colour of his hair, is, er, curious.

I love PK's Elasticizer, it really does make a big difference to my puny hair, but I can't be bothered to use it very often. I don't rate the rest of his range at all though.

I have just started using his elastizer and it does make a difference it just remembering before I start washing my hair. I would be interested in trying the Ojon next as I have really fine hair.

I've never heard anyone on QVC explain (in terms I understand) why the Elasticiser is used as a pre-treatment, before shampooing! I kept forgetting this stage so now I'm just using it as a conditioner after shampooing. The results seem the same whether I apply it before or after, but surely using it before shampooing means that it's being washed away; and it's a faffy extra stage imho.

Can anyone explain why the pre-treatment approach is recommended?

Jude xx

I've never heard anyone on QVC explain (in terms I understand) why the Elasticiser is used as a pre-treatment, before shampooing! I kept forgetting this stage so now I'm just using it as a conditioner after shampooing. The results seem the same whether I apply it before or after, but surely using it before shampooing means that it's being washed away; and it's a faffy extra stage imho.

Can anyone explain why the pre-treatment approach is recommended?

Jude xx

Good question! Now you've asked, I wanna know...

Got this off the PK website:
http://www.philipkingsley.com/shop/elasticizer.asp
Why is Elasticizer Pre-Shampoo? Simply, the ingredients that are used to carry the treatment into the hair cuticle need to be shampooed off otherwise the hair would be lank, sticky and without shine. Therefore using a pre-shampoo treatment prevents the heavy build-up that is often encountered with intensive conditioners.

I spotted on a long hair forum (there is such a thing!) that some people stick it on overnight for a deep treatment, pre-shampoo, or as they were calling it, 'pre-poo'. :eek: One person complained of a nape breakout so proceed with caution!

The elastizers are great.along with the scalp tonic. His shampoos are ****** awful tho its liks washing your hair in fairy liquid. I love ojon tho have now moved onto loccitane shampoo and conditioners and im very impressed suprise suprise not bought off qvc as there loccitane range is shocking

Good question! Now you've asked, I wanna know...

Got this off the PK website:
http://www.philipkingsley.com/shop/elasticizer.asp
Why is Elasticizer Pre-Shampoo? Simply, the ingredients that are used to carry the treatment into the hair cuticle need to be shampooed off otherwise the hair would be lank, sticky and without shine. Therefore using a pre-shampoo treatment prevents the heavy build-up that is often encountered with intensive conditioners.

Thanks for this! I have found the pre-shampoo thing so easy to forget that I have a huge tub of the stuff that has hardly been used! I am going to use it as a mid-shampoo treatment, I think as hopefully this will allow the product to be washed off but allow me to actually use the product (I hope!!!)

His side kick is bottoxed to the eyeballs, and above. Noticed that last night, forehead did not move.

I remember reading in a newspaper an article PK did about other brands of hair care. He was very dismissive of anything natural for a start. Sort of said you need the SLS etc to clean the hair properly, everything else was just to look good reading the bottle.

I did buy a kit in his early days, Elast was a pain as you had to wet your hair to apply. At least with Ojon you put on dry hair and then washout not sitting with damp hair and a plastic cap as with Elast. I liked the smell of the conditioner and the toner was good.

Awww thats funny. i think he is luvverly and wouldn't look out of place in Oklahoma :)

Tee hee I sooo don't mean oklahoma - off to google and back later with hte correct musical :)

OK I'm sure I'm thinking of meet me in St Louis d'oh! :) or possibly Mary Poppins - ok giving up now.

Oompa Loompa from Charlie & the Chocolate Factory, perhaps?

Oompa Loompa from Charlie & the Chocolate Factory, perhaps?

No...they had orange faces and GREEN hair...could he have styled himself after this Puzzy doll -

cohen_puzzy15_1948fa1_small.jpg

:wave:

tvs

I love the PK products. I strayed away from the body building shampoo and moisture balance conditioner for a month or so when I ran out, and decided to use what was left of my Ojon. During this month I hated my hair and was considering cutting it short again. Didn't equate it with the shampoo until my new stash of PK arrived and one wash/elasticizer later my hair was my own again! Just goes to show that everyone and their hair is different. I do love to put the elasticizer on pre-bath then leave it on overnight, my hair is as bouncy as a bouncy thing the next day! I never use it as an immediate pre-shampoo as it would take too long, but use it as a special treatment, shampooing it off the next morning or a few hours later.

Latest posts

Back