I think I will be saving money in August..

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

holmca

Registered Shopper
There doesn't seem too much to look forward to in the way of TSVs in August:

31st Laura Geller. Love this brand, but have a stock pile already. Plus it lasts forever.

1st Kim & Co. Have a wardrobe full, but the latest offerings seem a bit dull.

6th Leighton Denny. Shall be watching, but not buying. TSV looks a bit samey to me.

9th Tacky and Skidmark. I would never dream of buying their old tat.

17th Gatineau. If I buy any more I will slid wrinkle-less off the sofa.

19th Tiffany. I know these are made of 1000 pieces of glass, and it would arrive here in exactly the same way.

Looks like it will be Ebay and Amazon for me in August. I have just bought a Kindle Paperwhite, so that will keep me busy.

I've saved dozens of pounds over the past few months because I'm finding that QVC has become very boring and 'samey' and so I rarely watch the channel any more.

I rarely watch any more. I have bought one item in last nine weeks and can't see anything of interest coming up.

I've saved dozens of pounds over the past few months because I'm finding that QVC has become very boring and 'samey' and so I rarely watch the channel any more.

Me, too, Toril. I tend to watch only when there is an hour I specifically want to see.

Maybe those of us have have been buying for some time are thoroughly bored with the present offers?There is only so much skincare/makeup I can use & have narrowed it down to the things I like best & am trying to stick to them!At one time I wouldn't have missed the LG TSV but now would only use the B&B & only use cream blushers & either LE or BB lip glosses.The last 2 LE TSV's I have liked & have got the one with makeup on Auto D & the second delivery is due in August.According to recent newpaper reports Q is going from strength to strength so maybe some 'oldies' like me can fall by the wayside?

Unless they change their schedules and products drastically I'll be buying very little in the future (not that that will bother QVC because they have "one million happy shoppers and counting," according to the banner on the TV screen.)

I no longer fork out for the expensive beauty brands because they're too rich for my skin (and I've tried most of them) so I now buy from the dreaded High Street and spend far less but have better results. I no longer buy jewellery since my partner kitted me out in earrings, bracelets and necklaces for my birthday and Christmas. I don't need any more computers or laptops, because I think that three is more than enough as I only have one pair of hands, and I prefer to buy them elsewhere online anyway, once I've seen them in a store. I don't need any more cameras because I have four plus a digital SLR one. I'm not into shoes or handbags. I don't need another vacuum cleaner, having bought an Oreck TSV from QVC a couple of years ago and having just got an AirRam from them. My garden is doing fine ........... thanks to my local garden centre and Homebase. I'll pass on the fashion because a lot of the TSVs are pattered and I don't 'do' patterns.

So, come on QVC ............ how can you persuade me to part with my money now? :wink:

EveryThing seems repeated nowadays. When I first started watching everything seemed new and fresh. I guess though that Internet access has changed shopping forever. We can find anything now whereas when qvc started it was all so new to us.

I just bought a few bits and bobs from ELF with 60% off already cheap prices. Anything I won't use I'll pass on to my DD but I've found a few gems (the studio loose powder) and it satisfies the "need" for new stuff without breaking the bank. I still may order the Laura Geller TSV but unless it's worth 8 times the price of the ELF items it'll go back.

The only thing I've bought this year is the AD Skin Synergy face oil duo. The only reason I bought from Q was that it really was the cheapest I could find it, and believe me, I searched to find a better price.

This duo will last me at least 12-14 months, so I can't see me buying anything else till well into 2014.

I used to buy Yankee but I can now get that cheaper elsewhere. I used to buy L'Occitane but I can get that cheaper elsewhere. My partner used to buy Elemis but she can get that cheaper elsewhere. We used to buy a lot of things but we can get that cheaper elsewhere.

There is a pattern forming here. Oh and there's p & p on top :headbang:

Latest posts

Back