I see "Bran New" is on again.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I like Jilly but must admit her diction irritates me too. As well as "bran" there's also "gonna" and that drives me nuts!

I like Jilly but must admit her diction irritates me too. As well as "bran" there's also "gonna" and that drives me nuts!

Also "bought" when it should be "bRought". It makes me want to scream. Perhaps I should get out more!

She only needs flowers in her hair and she will have the complete look. God knows why she is wearing that ridiculous top and that dreadful hairstyle. She is a total frump.

She only needs flowers in her hair and she will have the complete look. God knows why she is wearing that ridiculous top and that dreadful hairstyle. She is a total frump.

She's just said that monstrosity of a top is a George Simonton - poor Jilly :grin:

I hate it when people have an inflection in their voice that makes every sentence sound like a question even when there is no question in there ..,

I hate it when people have an inflection in their voice that makes every sentence sound like a question even when there is no question in there ..,

Oh, so do I DJ. I seem to remember that students used to do it a lot(too much time spent watching Neighbours) JR was the presenter who did it most frequently and I've heard her do it recently. Why?

I always thought that the upward inflexion at the end of sentences was an Americanism. I also hate this way of speaking that young people adopt in parts of London that makes them sound like ghetto members.

What the heck has happened to our lovely language?

I always thought that the upward inflexion at the end of sentences was an Americanism. I also hate this way of speaking that young people adopt in parts of London that makes them sound like ghetto members.

Don't know but I wish all the presenters would talk proper like wot I do........:wink:

Don't forget the....Ten, twenny, thirly, forly, fifty, sixty, sevenny etc

I have been wanting to comment on this for ages! I was watching her presenting last week, I think it was with Lenny, and I got to the point that I couldn't stand listening to her any more. Thank you Gem Genie for this post. I really hope that Jilly reads this and is prompted to address her Mid-Atlantic accent. I will only watch anything she is presenting on MUTE.

Phew, I feel better for that. No other presenter has irritated me as much for a very long time. Tweny, thirdy-ade, fordy, adey..........:headbang:

no it's aussie. it drives me nuts too and i refer to it as 'moronic interrogation'.

having said that, although i know what you mean by jilly's 'ok' it's not the same type of inflection.

i like jilly :)

Misread the title and wondered who Brian New was.

It's not half as annoying as Dale with his "as you can see here/there" and "look at it" Was watching the other day when he seemed to flip out and go into a sort of autopilot loop. Seriously, he must have said it 8 times or more.

"So we have here, look at it, as you can see there, phenomenal, there, as you can see here, look, there, as you can see here, it's just marvellous isn't it? Again, there as you can see there, 554621 is the item number and here....as you can see here. Again, look as you can see here, again, look at it."

Aargh!

Latest posts

Back