I beg to differ...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm not sure that anyone could carry that dress off, to be honest. It didn't look good on the models I saw, either.

Seeing that photo I feel for Julia. Her illness must have knocked her for 6, not least because of the effect it’s having on her looks. Her whole career had been based on her being an attractive woman and she will be feeling the change very acutely.
I've wondered if the medication for her illness has affected how she looks & also caused her to put on weight, however, she has said on a number of occasions that she's well enough to go without so that may not be the case. Living with a chronic illness that can become acute at any moment must be extremely difficult.

I say hallelujah she’s finally binned the toe posts that were a permanent fixture. It’s always an event when Julia trots out new footwear. She likes to remind us that her dancer’s feet and calves are hard to fit (not that Darcey Bussell seems to have a problem). The things she had on weren’t elegant but would have looked ok in a pale tone. No worse than trainers.
I hate the obsession the presenters have with leggings. They emphasise large legs and make skinny legs look ridiculous too. Can’t they just wear a well cut pair of trousers - slim or wide cut. Much more flattering imo.

I don't mind leggings, they have their place.. Exercise classes, gyms, relaxing at home, for cumffy time. I wear them for travelling*. They are not suitable for a professional environment unless you are demonstrating them. There are a tiny few exceptions but.....

I always feel that the presenters should be a bit invisible so they don't distract from the products being sold. If we are talking about presenters footware when they are selling for example kitchen gadgets I see they are not doing their job.

*I wear smart trousers/skirt to do the public but of travelling. Wriggle out of one to wriggle into the other for all the sitting down bit of the travelling. I have a huge very thin (but chuffing expensive, no exorbitant) well loved and very well travelled pashmina so hide under that for my wriggling.

I absolutely loathe those ridiculous open toe shoe/boots/sandals with a passion that Julia is wearing - even worse than Birkenstocks and THAT'S saying something. No-one but no-one looks good in them, and they certainly don't flatter the feet.

I'm beginning to think that shoe designers are doing their best to make our feet look as ugly as possible. Another ridiculous style are those that some of the models wear- a smart shoe that is a flat loafer but has no back - slides are think they're called, posh name for flip flop or mule. Yeah, you're sure to wear those on the beach 1!!!

I think the pockets being in a different print are odd to say the least.
It was very obvious on the blonde lady who was modelling it in black....It looked as though her boobs had been "grabbed". What is it with these made for Q garments? You see the likes of Joules, Phase 8, Monsoon all pretty decent brands and then find "not up to scratch" rubbish on offer. Do you think they cobble together stuff from left over fabric?

I think Melissa always wears Marla's clothes and jewellery She's probably paid a lot of money to push the brand. She wears her trousers a size too small imo. A size up and they wouldn't wrinkle so much or is the wrinkling due to the type of fabric? In either case, based on how they look on her, I would not buy Marla's trousers.

I absolutely loathe those ridiculous open toe shoe/boots/sandals with a passion that Julia is wearing - even worse than Birkenstocks and THAT'S saying something. No-one but no-one looks good in them, and they certainly don't flatter the feet.

I'm beginning to think that shoe designers are doing their best to make our feet look as ugly as possible. Another ridiculous style are those that some of the models wear- a smart shoe that is a flat loafer but has no back - slides are think they're called, posh name for flip flop or mule. Yeah, you're sure to wear those on the beach 1!!!
I saw a woman wearing Birkenstock flatties with black fishnets. Wanting to look sexy but comfortable, maybe.

I think Melissa always wears Marla's clothes and jewellery She's probably paid a lot of money to push the brand. She wears her trousers a size too small imo. A size up and they wouldn't wrinkle so much or is the wrinkling due to the type of fabric? In either case, based on how they look on her, I would not buy Marla's trousers.
I think she is one of those people who has slimish bottom legs so wears the smallest size for her ankles which is several sizes too small for the waist thus pushing her muffin top up and over. She then wears full tops or cardigan to hide this but ends up like Del Boy, looking as if she is in a straight jacket.

That dress does no favours for Julia or should it be Julia does no favours for the dress? Shoes like that with a dress or skirt are rarely flattering unless the legs are long and slim, and then we have Melissa in those sausage skin pants, a Marla creation no doubt.
I know clothes don't always look good on hangers but in this case the dress does look better on the hanger.

Just had an email from M&S for the no stress dress. It looks just like an extra long t shirt!!
🤨

I feel attacked 😋
I love my Birkenstocks and wear them all through the summer day and night. All year round they are my slippers. My feet are very difficult to please, and blister at the slightest provocation...and in most shoes I feel pain...in the ball of my big toe, underfoot, on my bunion of course. I don't think there is a bone in my foot, on top or below, that hasn't given me at least a dull ache. Heels give me a burning sensation without exception.
I do have some sandals with block heels that I can occasionally get away with, and some wedges...but mostly my feet are only really happy in Birkenstocks.

I feel attacked 😋
I love my Birkenstocks and wear them all through the summer day and night. All year round they are my slippers. My feet are very difficult to please, and blister at the slightest provocation...and in most shoes I feel pain...in the ball of my big toe, underfoot, on my bunion of course. I don't think there is a bone in my foot, on top or below, that hasn't given me at least a dull ache. Heels give me a burning sensation without exception.
I do have some sandals with block heels that I can occasionally get away with, and some wedges...but mostly my feet are only really happy in Birkenstocks.
Oh yes I love my Birkies! I was born with flat feet and high instep plus I broke my little toe a few years back and it didn't set properly so I find it difficult to get really comfortable shoes. I too use them as slippers.

Look away now, brissles!
I don't own any Birkenstocks. However I do have some Crocs Cleo sliders, really comfortable for hot days. (I got them on special offer for a tenner, next day they were up to full price).

Go on, say it - you were robbed!

Latest posts

Back