Huge on screen ads.....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Anyone else on here plagued with umpteen number of ads - and huge ones at that, on this site. I'm now scrolling down for ages before I hit the Posts because of the big ads. Equally there are now more and more (on my screen anyway) that are crowding in on the Posts themselves, that sentences are being separated by the adverts. Appreciate that Graham has to fund this site, but could the advertisers not stick to a minimum size ??

Anyone else on here plagued with umpteen number of ads - and huge ones at that, on this site. I'm now scrolling down for ages before I hit the Posts because of the big ads. Equally there are now more and more (on my screen anyway) that are crowding in on the Posts themselves, that sentences are being separated by the adverts. Appreciate that Graham has to fund this site, but could the advertisers not stick to a minimum size ??

Exactly the same happening with me,I'm on my iPad.

Yes, I agree. I've checked my settings and nothing has changed and this is the only site that I'm getting this. If I see another ****** advert for puppscrubbers, I'll scream. It's covering up my login.

Yes I'm getting loads too. Mind you I blame Shopperholic for the main ones. I'm sure she flagged up the clothes website Navabi and I clicked a link. I get loads of very tempting ads from them now. It might be costing me a fortune. I couldn't possibly comment :eek:)

Same here. As has already been said, Graham needs to earn revenue, to enable him to continue operating the site. It may be annoying, but I can put up with it.
Does anyone else, who is subscribed to the shoppingtelly newsletter, receive emails with the sender being shoppingtelly.com, but the email is from Ideal World? Now this is annoying to me, as I hate the channel, with a passion.

Same here on my computer, laptop and iPhone, and there’s a pesky ad on the first post in the tread that covers come of the post.
Very annoying if someone posted a link and I cannot open it because it’s covered by the ad.

Same here. As has already been said, Graham needs to earn revenue, to enable him to continue operating the site. It may be annoying, but I can put up with it.
Does anyone else, who is subscribed to the shoppingtelly newsletter, receive emails with the sender being shoppingtelly.com, but the email is from Ideal World? Now this is annoying to me, as I hate the channel, with a passion.

I do. I haven't watched or shopped with IW for a good 10 years.

Same with me and I thought I must have clicked something .All my devices have these ads

I get the odd one from IW, but delete without reading.:mysmilie_59:

I have a number of large empty white spaces on the site, I must have some sort of ad blocker on. No moving ads, which is a blessing. No posts blocked by ads.

I can see part of Brissles first opening post but only 2 lines and then just blank space. Is very annoying to say the least. Yesterday I could not see the first post at all on some threads.

Yes me too .One of them was covering my login a PPI one but there are various different ads all getting bigger and are very intrusive.I don't mind ads but they need to allow people to be able to read the thread.

As I said on Easter Egg thread please send Graham a PM or a message via the "contact us" link at bottom of page giving details of any issues you are having and mention if you are using PC, laptop, tablet etc....and which browser.

I can't log in on my other devices because the banner obscures the log in. All using safari on Apple products.

I and others have posted about this on another thread. It was getting to the stage I couldn't read the posts. I downloaded an ad blocker which helped a lot but even now I am missing the end of the first post in the thread.

I am having exactly the same trouble and has put me off logging onto the site as it takes so long to get to the actual posts.

Yes and you can`t even delete most of them ...some you can and they ask if its covering the page ..... like they don`t know!! So annoying !!

Have just counted 12 ads on these 2 pages, nearly all on the first page.

The 'remember me' button refuses to work on the logging in facility, so I have to keep re-logging in on every visit. Does anyone else have that problem as well ?

Have just counted 12 ads on these 2 pages, nearly all on the first page.

The 'remember me' button refuses to work on the logging in facility, so I have to keep re-logging in on every visit. Does anyone else have that problem as well ?

Yes same problem for me

What I found annoying was a massive one about funeral plans and yet when you selected that it was inappropriate it didn't make a blind bit of difference, two seconds it was back as big as ever.

The only ads I see are a couple of small ones, like banners, in between a few of the posts and they're not obscuring anything. I do have an AdBlocker installed though. I'm just glad I'm not encountering the ones that a lot of the other posters are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back