Hotel Chocolat TSV 09/11/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

We used to subscribe to HC taster's club and receive a box every few months. Closed the subscription in the end when we decided to streamline our finances and do a bit of serious dieting. I won't deny that some of the chocs in the boxes were gorgeous, but as I'm not a great lover of dark chocolate, there were quite a few in each box that I didn't like for that reason. I don't know about anyone else but I find HC chocolates to be far too hard for my liking and with an aging set of gnashers, probably something I'm best off avoiding!
I'm quite happy with the occasional treat of a few melt in the mouth squares of galaxy ,or a handful of maltesers. I'm more than happy to receive a little box of Lindt's "dessert selection" - melty and delicious. The Lindt box does contain a couple of dark ones, but oh can have those, but for the price, I don't mind so much. I think if I was faced with a selection of 140 HC chocs like that it would stress me out - each to their own I guess!!!!

Last edited:
We used to subscribe to HC taster's club and receive a box every few months. Closed the subscription in the end when we decided to streamline our finances and do a bit of serious dieting. I won't deny that some of the chocs in the boxes were gorgeous, but as I'm not a great lover of dark chocolate, there were quite a few in each box that I didn't like for that reason. I don't know about anyone else but I find HC chocolates to be far too hard for my liking and with an aging set of gnashers, probably something I'm best off avoiding!
I'm quite happy with the occasional treat of a few melt in the mouth squares of galaxy ,or a handful of maltesers. I'm more than happy to receive a little box of Lindt's "dessert selection" - melty and delicious. The Lindt box does contain a couple of dark ones, but oh can have those, but for the price, I don't mind so much. I think if I was faced with a selection of 140 HC chocs like that it would stress me out - each to their own I guess!!!!
I think the hardness of chocolates like HC is due to the wax they use

I'm not fussy on chocolate. Am I weird? I mean if someone offered me one of these at a "do" I'd eat one but it's not something I would buy and certainly not at that price. I only ate the freddie frogs because the kids wanted the other sweeties more and it would be a shame to waste them. I'd much rather spend the money on the Elemis TSV (ahh, I did!).

CC

The HC woman gets on my t...s with her continual 'tasting' and descriptions. I remember the Thorntons woman being the same - chopping half a chocolate and devouring it then rabbiting on about the lemons from Zanzibar, and coconuts from St Lucia, oh give me a Kit-Kat !

I'm not fussy on chocolate. Am I weird? I mean if someone offered me one of these at a "do" I'd eat one but it's not something I would buy and certainly not at that price. I only ate the freddie frogs because the kids wanted the other sweeties more and it would be a shame to waste them. I'd much rather spend the money on the Elemis TSV (ahh, I did!).

CC
I've become less fussy about chocolate with age, but you're right! - The day I spend £53 on chocolate in one hit is the day I need to have a serious word with myself, £80 + p&p is the day I pay a professional to have a word with me!
The £4.95 p&p cost could pay for a decent little sweet treat itself! Katie P said that they'd sold some ludicrous amount it sounded like 27 thousand - I must've heard that wrong, or that she wasn't referring to Q sales alone!
I could only envisage a set like this being bought up a company who wants to give their staff a little treat at Christmas, for treats at a wedding or corporate do - certainly not a regular consumer who's gonna munch their way though the whole lot, or give them away as presents. Ok, the set might provide a few little stocking fillers - and yes you could present the whole lot to one person as a gift but I'm sure most people would rather receive £50's worth of something else!

I think so, but never tried it.
You can get mint and orange after 8s. Personally, I like the original and mojito flavour: mint and lime basically.

Do they do Mint Aero as well, as I like any mint and orange flavours?
Oh yes they do!
I’m not a big fan of Aero chocolate, but even I like the mint Aero.

As per the orange bar, the inside is mint green!

I’ve got two Aero lovers in my life and they go mad for the mint one!

In fact I ordered two Aero selection bar packs for Christmas from Tesco this week. Usually £5 but £2.50 atm and 4 decent sized bars! (One milk, one orange and two mint!) 😊

In case anyone is interested here is the link to the “festive selection” at Tesco!

CC
Not weird just not a chocoholic!

I’m not a chocoholic quite but I do love good chocolate!

And if the TSV had fewer fruity ones and no alcohol, I would’ve been sorely tempted!

I know it’s a lot of money to spend on chocolate (hence I didn’t!) but would’ve gifted half and saved the rest for weekly treats!

(Would enjoy and use more than the Elemis TSV! But each to their own! Clearly £80K people disagree - and that was a day ago!)

Latest posts

Back