Honora TSV Email

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

As much as I love the earrings I was so looking forward to them being all new pretty colours. Bad advertising QVC!

it does indeed :) But it looks more an olive than what they usually call pistachio.

I would love them in a shorter necklace, but QVC website as usual is impossible to search on a colour. I have a chocolate fake long necklace by Joan Rivers that I wont wear because it is just too much, so I wont go for this one.

If anyone knows of a pistachio in a shorter length please share the number!

I would love them in a shorter necklace, but QVC website as usual is impossible to search on a colour. I have a chocolate fake long necklace by Joan Rivers that I wont wear because it is just too much, so I wont go for this one.

If anyone knows of a pistachio in a shorter length please share the number!

How about these : http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.671699/walk.yah.UKJE-UK05

or these : http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.680405/walk.yah.UKCO-UK32

or these ; http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.688488/walk.yah.UKJE-UK05

Last edited:
Thanks perdita! I am going for the first link :)

the last one is lovely!!! But out of my range :(

Hold on...still searching for you!!!!!

More unusual : http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.688504/walk.yah.UKJE-UK05

another one : http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.688507/walk.yah.UKJE-UK05

and another : http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.689092/walk.yah.UKJE-UK05

Oh, I do love a challenge!!! :54:

Last edited:
Just as an aside, do the molluscs die for the pearls to be harvested? And if so does this make Ralph as bad as Basso

sorry feeling naughty

Just as an aside, do the molluscs die for the pearls to be harvested? And if so does this make Ralph as bad as Basso

sorry feeling naughty

Found this on Yahoo

The answer depends on the type of pearl farm. There are four common commercial types of farms; freshwater pearl farms, akoya pearl farms, Tahitian pearl farms, and South Sea pearl farms.

Freshwater mussels (not oysters) produce up to 32 pearls at a time. They are implanted with up to 16 pieces of mantle tissue on either side of their valve. When these pearls are harvested, 2 to 6 years later, the mussel does not necessarily die. It may be returned to the water to grow regenerated pearls (or "keshi" pearls), or bead-nucleated freshwater pearls.
When the mussel has outlived its usefulness, the meat it used as fertilizer (it is not eaten), and the shell is used for art and pearl-powder products.
A freshwater pearls are harvested by opening the shell very slightly, cutting open the pearl sac, and removing the pearl (if the shell is to be reused). Otherwise the shell’s valves are completely separated with a large knife and the pearls are pulled from the mantle where they are grown.

Akoya oysters are saltwater and they are only used once. Unlike freshwater mussels, akoya oysters are nucleated with round beads composed of mussel shell. This bead is placed inside the oyster's gonad.
They die when their pearls are harvested. Each shell can produce up to 5 pearls at a time, although most farmers only nucleate with one to two beads. The shell is currently used in China mainly for button production. The adductor muscle of the oyster is eaten, and the guts are disposed of.
Akoya pearls are harvested by completely separating either valve and pulling the pearl from the gonad.

Tahitian oysters are saltwater and are nucleated in much the same way as the akoya. The difference is that each oyster can only handle one bead at a time. The oyster does not necessarily die upon harvest, however. Another bead can be placed into the existing pearl sac within the gonad. The shell can be returned to the water, and another pearl can be produced. This process can be repeated up to three times.
When the shell has outlived its purposed, it may be returned to the water to live out its days, or its meat may be harvested. The adductor muscle is eaten. The shell is used for mother of pearl products.
A Tahitian pearl is harvested much in the same way it is nucleated. A technician will open the shell very slightly, create a small incision in the gonad, and remove the pearl. A second bead the same size as the harvested pearl can be replaced in the gonad.

South Sea pearls are saltwater and are harvested in the same fashion as Tahitian pearls - the oyster does not necessarily die. They grow only one pearl at a time, can be re-nucleated. If the oyster is killed the adductor muscle is eaten and the shell is used in mother of pearl products.

So if they do die in the process then they're sort of recycled for other purposes.....

Not sure if I could live without pearls as I love them & oysters don't really have faces so I don't feel that attached to them. I wouldn't have a pet oyster!

Think I'll still buy them!

ohhh choices choices!

I have decided to go with the £71 one, expensive but too sexy not to have!

thank you Perdita:D

Ooh, I have just bought these,my first ever Honora purchase,looking forward to seeing them.I think I will give a couple of pairs away as Christmas stocking pressies and keep some for myself.What a good price too!Hope they are as nice as they look on TV

My pet Oyster, Oscar!

So if they do die in the process then they're sort of recycled for other purposes.....

Not sure if I could live without pearls as I love them & oysters don't really have faces so I don't feel that attached to them. I wouldn't have a pet oyster!

Think I'll still buy them!

I have a pet oyster called Oscar. No, only kidding!

..but, it cant be much of a life being permanently irritated by beads or something rammed inside your shell. Imagine always feeling cheesed off! It must be like having to wear a horse hair vest all your life. I think it only fair to see it from the poor old oysters point of view. Perfect for a "creature comforts" sketch.

Latest posts

Back