Hmmm Leighton

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I really enjoy his shows, he takes (well deserved) great pride in his products and has worked really hard, if I'd achieved what he has I'd be proud too! I usually record his shows if I can't watch them live, I think he's really interesting to listen to, funny too! At the end of the day he's there to sell his products, he needs to reinforce his position in industry to do this.

As for his accent, I think it shows that he is genuine, he's not pretending to be something he's not. I believe what you see is what you get.

I love leighton!

The man himself is reading this thread. He tweeted about it not long back. :nod:

'Ow do, Leighton, lad! :wave:

I like the promo film in which Leighton is giving a real belly laugh; I've always been suspicious of people who stifle their laughter and warm to people who can really laugh out loud. :clapping:

Jude xx

I'd like to have a nice refined little goggle but when I gotta laugh there's no stopping it.

I like LD (although I use Jessica products) but I hate him going on about Jade and Geri, who freaking cares? I love it when he just talks over Gobby and says his bit. I also think the model has quite an unpleasant manner but an extremities model is prized beyond all others so she's the one with literally the winning hand.

I've never tried the polish, but the file is fantastic - I bought a second one today for my bag :happy:
As to the monf/Ibifa thing, it bugs me slightly, but I'd rather hear his real accent than putting one on an as Dawn Bibby does.

I've never tried the polish, but the file is fantastic - I bought a second one today for my bag :happy:
As to the monf/Ibifa thing, it bugs me slightly, but I'd rather hear his real accent than putting one on an as Dawn Bibby does.

My LD file broke into atoms and I'm missing it badly.

Do you really think DB's accent is fake? Why ever would anyone want to sound like she does? I always wish I could have had speech classes so I could improve without dramatically altering
my speech. I love accents but DB's voice like Dawbag's just grates on me, I suppose it's the pitch rather than anything else.

its really sad but leighton denny has changed and i noticed it the last few visits. he has a great brand and some of his products are" good" not all" some."

one remark that stuck out was how he was boasting about his nail varnish going up in price like he does not have to try to offer vfm any more.

and that horrid snooty model looks like a mad barbie doll. chuckys bride gone terribly wrong.she distracts the manicures with her atrociuos dress sense and even worse hair and make-up.

sorry leighton you were one of my fave guests its sad to see you go!:wave:

I like LD...mainly for taking the pee out of Claire Sutton's faux posh accent,for laughing at Julia Roberts and for telling gobby to shut up and let him speak!

And of course SUPERMODEL!

Can't stand him, his incredibly irritating accent, maybe not so much the accent, but HIS tone/cadence/inflections, etc.
I can't stand his stupid face, which looks like an amorphous blob, in a very disturbing shade of pink, I can't stand his incredibly fake teeth, which are even more aging than not so good ones(a la Anne Dawson).
I'm sick of hearing about the ****** awards and Z-List celebs. Leighton does nails really well, he hasn't come up with a cure for Aids for fecks sake......stop yammering.
He is one person I wish would hire someone else to hawk his product, the minute I see him, I switch over.

Having said all that,I have tried a couple of his products and they were good. The Crystal Tips in particular.

Tis Nails Inc for me though, all day long.:up:

I didn't see the show so can't comment on that but as a fellow Bradfordian I have to say I like to hear Leighton's accent. Even though mine has largely gone from living away from God's County for so long, lis'nin to 'im eee it's like comin 'ome :wink: His polish is IMHO streets better than all his competitors both in terms of colour and staying power. He has a fabulous way of 'handling' QVC presenters - if it's confidence bordering on arrogance that leads him to bring them down a peg or two at times then good on him I say :rock:

It's nice to hear his accent! Nowt to do wi me comin' from same area or owt ...

I love the crystal files though.

A red rose in a big patch of white!

All my relatives are from God's own county and I agree it's kind of comforting to hear an unaffected accent...(It also saves me having to visit the weirder ones :tongue:). That said they all have different Yorkshire accents.

To my ears the nasal Estuary Accent which abounds on UK TV is more grating to my senses but I realise it's not how everyone down here in the Souf speak.

Jude xx

Ow do Loopsy! :wave:

Forgot to mention the crystal nail file, best thing I never bought from QVC (given that it's half the price on The Dreaded High Street or from the man himself :giggle:)

He has definitely become more aloof lately ( maybe he's taken lessons from JR). It seemed to coincide with the hike in price of his products. I can no longer afford to buy the kits from QVC because of this and, I'm sorry, to keep giving us mini kits just isn't good enough.

I used to like watching him as I thought his attitude was really refreshing and loved it when he told AY to shut up. He seems to have lost that honesty and is now just like any other hard nosed guest desperate to tell us mere mortals how lucky we are to buy his products as they are "celebrity" endorsed.

Do you really think DB's accent is fake? Why ever would anyone want to sound like she does? I always wish I could have had speech classes so I could improve without dramatically altering
my speech. I love accents but DB's voice like Dawbag's just grates on me, I suppose it's the pitch rather than anything else.

She used to have an accent more like 'Our Amy' and 'Our Leonie' but she's moderated it over time.

Ey up me duck! I'm further south, in Notts, but still a northerner to those folks wot stick an "r" in words like "bath"!

Borrowed my daughter's crystal file set for a month, no difference at all to my nails, they still break, split & peel!

I hadn't noticed any change in LD, but surely anyone that has made such a hugh sucess of their business is entitled to be just a wee bit smug.

I agree that building a business from scratch the way he has deserves commendation, but I do think there's a huge difference between being proud of yourself and being smug. And I do agree with the OP that he's seeming a bit smug these days.

Last edited:
LD took the link to this page off his twitter page then he put a tweet up saying "to cure jealousy is to see it for what it is, A dissatisfaction with self" - Joan Didion.

Latest posts

Back