Hmmm Leighton

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

LD took the link to this page off his twitter page then he put a tweet up saying "to cure jealousy is to see it for what it is, A dissatisfaction with self" - Joan Didion.

Wow!, he really is full of himself, isn't he?

Ahhh, bless.

LD took the link to this page off his twitter page then he put a tweet up saying "to cure jealousy is to see it for what it is, A dissatisfaction with self" - Joan Didion.

eek, his ego must be worse than I thought. That is a hugely poor quotation if it is aimed at this thread. Tragic.

Sad people

eek, his ego must be worse than I thought. That is a hugely poor quotation if it is aimed at this thread. Tragic.

To be fair, after reading through this thread it would seem that it is you four named below that are commenting on him, do you have some sort of obsession with him?

Maybe you are from a rival brand?

Give the guy a break, why not reveal yourself and talk to him without hiding behind fake screen names, at least we know who he is and he has the face to send our comments to.

GlamBurglar:puke:

BenFongTorres:yawn:

vampyre:headbang:

Dippy One:wonder:

Anyone with half a brain can see what you are, little people with big comments when hidden behind a screen name.

Tut Tut Tut - Looks like Lieighton is having fun with you and good luck to him.

I have will never post on here again as I do not want to be around people like the above.
:yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn:

the hands have it

its funny when you say someone has changed or is a bit pompous they think you are jealous.

i just liked leighton before he become a bit stand offish.

mind you ladies we have a fierce reputations. we are all bithches apparently.

i think we are just fierce and say it as it is.

this looks like leightons hand :down:

I agree boffy, I loved his success story, I loved some of his products. I actually looked at the Twitter link earlier and he had some post up about internet bullies (which has now also been deleted along with the quote one). Can you spell O.V.E.R.R.E.A.C.T.? Think I might just cancel my autodelivery. He needs to have a word with himself.

god only knows what JF would do if she read this site - voodoo dolls?

To be fair, after reading through this thread it would seem that it is you four named below that are commenting on him, do you have some sort of obsession with him?

Give the guy a break, why not reveal yourself and talk to him without hiding behind fake screen names, at least we know who he is and he has the face to send our comments to.

Anyone with half a brain can see what you are, little people with big comments when hidden behind a screen name.

I have will never post on here again as I do not want to be around people like the above.

Your logic is flawed, why would you deduce that just because people on this forum have noticed some unsavoury changes in Leighton, that they would be from a rival brand??? In fact, I don't even remember anyone saying anything particularly bad about his products, I even praised one of them.......So???????

The fact of the matter is, for me personally, I never need to hear about Jade Jagger, Halliwell, Butterfly Wings or Leighton being banned from entering competitions because he wins every one of them, EVER AGAIN.

I find his patter boring and doubly irritating, so I no longer watch, however, I can still concede that some of his products may be good, I don't rate the nail polish but the treatments are pretty good and if they were given to me, I wouldn't throw them in the bin,but am more likely to buy from other brands, this is my preference. I am allowed.

You speak of people with half a brain, well you obviously are not in possession of even 1/16 of one.

I'll have you know that whatever I say on-line I have no problems saying to someone in person, in fact I'm more likely to be more cutting in person.

Do you think for one minute that Leighton is some sort of delicate flower?, think about his demographic and who he hangs out with, believe me the things we've said here will be tame compared to what he has spewed about his contemporaries and friends.

And I'm glad you won't be posting here again, people like you bore me RIGID!

Bye Bye

Last edited:
Well I've read the whole thread and I agree with all the positive things you've said and don't agree with the "negatives". My only peeve is his boasting of how many shops, nail bars etc he has. Apart from that minor criticism I think he's a very watchable presenter.

PS Maybe Nina the hand model is shy being on live telly and doesn't know where to look. Usually only her hands would be on show in photo shoots etc.

Last edited:

thanks for not postin again
maybe you are from some other brand maybe LD?
i do like LD products by the way,

hahaha Hi Leighton - odd this one-off post appeared after your little Tweeting sulk, I love when people insult our intelligence. Get over yourself. If you cant stand a bit of criticism on a faceless online forum it makes me wonder how you have ever managed to make it in an industry teaming with backbiting. You could of course have taken any of this as constructive criticism and maybe toned down your celeb twaddle when presenting on QVC, or thrown in a little self-deprecating oneliner to win over your critics - but no, the toys were thrown straight out of the pram.

Our cash is hard earned - we have a right to discuss.criticise or praise whichever products/sales pitch we like. This entire strop has put me off you completely - autodelivery is indeed now cancelled.

Dont let the door hit your ass on the way out.

Last edited:
Just a thought, but perhaps he's been told/requested to keep the celeb endorsements and 'how many salons I'm in' patter coming; other brands do it all the time, don't we all know Elemis is in 890 countries Worldwide and all the presteeegious spas, while Andrew Gatineau had his awards dragged out every presentation recently. And let's not for St Liz and her laminated cardboard sheets whenever the words Super and Skin appear in a glossy. I'm always reminded of those magazines that appear on Have I got News for You when she wheels out another one; 'Yes, this is another endorsement for our Instant Bust Boost Bollox from the Wheeltappers and Shunters Club. Anyhoo, the new LD Graycious is deeevine and I can't wait for 1st Oct.

Pot kettle black

btye bye leighton!

its sad that leighton has given us no doubt about his flawed character. dont mind his sales pitch or his quips and put downs to the presenters (god knows some of them need taming)but to alienate his customers in such an ungracious way is not justified.

like it or not qvc makes big bucks for him but he needs our custom. not the other way round.

sorry to see the fun leighton go but there are more nail polish brands than his!:down:

"just me" has requested that I remove the account which I had great pleasure in doing.

"just me" has requested that I remove the account which I had great pleasure in doing.

Well that was a short and not so sweet appearance by "Just me". As I posted earlier i like Leighton as a guest, not so keen on the nail polishes. He's like everyone else open to praise and criticism. If you put youself in the spotlight you have to learn to take the rough with the smooth. I'm sure he won't lose any sleep over anything that's been said, he's too busy laughing all the way too the bank.

I've said a few times I get Jessica at cost price but I have bought 4 LD tsv's in the past. I like the corrector but I can live without it and I will. I had to get shipping prices and had some product enquiries answered by Helen from his website and she was brilliant.
If it is a crime to dislike Jade and Geri I confess my guilt.

I would have thought LD's brand was unrivalled if it were all it's supposed to be.

Vampy i think the Jessica diamond top coat is the best top coat on the market. Ultra glossy and lasts for ages.

I'm not keen on Ld's stuff so don't tend to watch.What I have seen,I'm not sure I like- the model,the celeb name dropping - but I've just read this entire thread and am gobsmacked.I'm presuming the one off post was from LD - or someone loving, we all think its all LD - but thats very immature.It certainly hasn't persuaded me to try the brand.

Have to say on my first post that I prefer OPI or Nails Inc. I have tried LD stuff & just can't get on with it at all. Sorry Leighton if that offends but it would be a funny old world if we all liked the same things.

Latest posts

Back