Hmmm Leighton

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

feel as though when he is on QVC he feels like he is a bit above it and is doing us a favour.

I know there is a lot to get through on his shows but I can't stand the fast pace. It is not relaxing for me to watch his shows. I also feel he doesn't really need a presenter with him cos he knows his stuff so well he can gab for England and should be left to demo them without interruption. Might be a first for QVC, guest and no presenter. Ahhhh, but we'd all miss JF though wouldn't we? :doh:Wouldn't we? :devil:

Have to say on my first post that I prefer OPI or Nails Inc. I have tried LD stuff & just can't get on with it at all. Sorry Leighton if that offends but it would be a funny old world if we all liked the same things.

:mysmilie_357::mysmilie_378:

Before this thread comes to a halt....

I, too, had tired of the continual 'do you know how much VALUE you're getting in this kit', 'if you went to my salon/dotcom you would be paying XX as much', etc.
Well, the first rule of business is to buy low, sell high. Even at QVC prices there is probably a hefty profit so it was probably galling to see some £££ flying out the window.
The icing on the cake was seeing the indifference of both LD and Nina at the Beauty Bash to genuine folk who had contributed to where they are today.

My pennies are safe.

i can feel the indifference. awful pair! its flippin nail varnish.

he must think qvc viewers are pretty shallow and nina must think she looks lovely wrong on both points.

Just a thought, but perhaps he's been told/requested to keep the celeb endorsements and 'how many salons I'm in' patter coming; other brands do it all the time, don't we all know Elemis is in 890 countries Worldwide and all the presteeegious spas, while Andrew Gatineau had his awards dragged out every presentation recently. And let's not for St Liz and her laminated cardboard sheets whenever the words Super and Skin appear in a glossy. I'm always reminded of those magazines that appear on Have I got News for You when she wheels out another one; 'Yes, this is another endorsement for our Instant Bust Boost Bollox from the Wheeltappers and Shunters Club. Anyhoo, the new LD Graycious is deeevine and I can't wait for 1st Oct.

My thoughts exactly. I remember a time when AY was bleating on about his celeb mates on air and LD turned around and said "yes but the products are for QVC ladies also" so at that time I thought he was getting a bit sick of the name dropping.

Leighton has really impressed me on his facebook page - he always answers all the questions posted and sends all a message to tell us he's answered all the questions and if there are anymore or some he's missed then can they be re-submitted. He seems to be interested and involved in "giving back" by supporting charities:star: I'm really hoping that he does a full size "glittery" Rebel(small size in Nov/Dec AD TSV) as i didn't get the AD as this was the only colour i really wanted.If he or any of his staff are reading - dont forget the storage case:sun:!!

I too think he is being pushed to keep mentioning celebrities/awards etc, probably to impress the new ITV Zone audience.

The last time I watched him AY was prattling on about Jade Jagger or somebody and Leighton interrupted her with 'enough about celebrities, let's talk about the products'.

I personally like watching him, he makes me laugh and I think he always looks really cool :coo2l:

But did anyone see LD with Charlie the other day when Charlie said what a modest man LD is? Even LD looked surprised. He may give a lot to charity and know lots of celebs etc etc but I would never describe him as modest :cheeky:

But did anyone see LD with Charlie the other day when Charlie said what a modest man LD is? Even LD looked surprised. He may give a lot to charity and know lots of celebs etc etc but I would never describe him as modest :cheeky:

Charlie is a sneaky bar-steward, and I bet you dollars to donuts that he reads this forum. He probably said that to Leighton to get a reaction, coz he knows it's complete fiction.

Charlie could barely contain himself when he had to mention anything to do with Prai the other day, not saying it had anything to do with ST.COM, coz that whole thing was farcical independent of what we had to say, but if he did read our thread,he did well to not lose his job that day.

Charlie is a sneaky bar-steward, and I bet you dollars to donuts that he reads this forum. He probably said that to Leighton to get a reaction, coz he knows it's complete fiction.

Charlie could barely contain himself when he had to mention anything to do with Prai the other day, not saying it had anything to do with ST.COM, coz that whole thing was farcical independent of what we had to say, but if he did read our thread,he did well to not lose his job that day.

Tribunal Person: Why have you lost your job Mr.CB?
CB: I sniggered continually throughout the day uncontrollably
TP: What were you sniggering over when you should have been working and being
professional?
CB: The TSV
TP The what?
CB: The face cream from Mars
TP: snigger, snigger, snigger, snigger, snigger, snigger, snigger
CB: Excuse me Mr.TP, aren't you supposed to be professional here?

Tribunal Person: Why have you lost your job Mr.CB?
CB: I sniggered continually throughout the day uncontrollably
TP: What were you sniggering over when you should have been working and being
professional?
CB: The TSV
TP The what?
CB: The face cream from Mars
TP: snigger, snigger, snigger, snigger, snigger, snigger, snigger
CB: Excuse me Mr.TP, aren't you supposed to be professional here?

:mysmilie_17::mysmilie_17::mysmilie_17:

well if Leighton has learned a lesson - that being - his QVC customers are not dim witted half brainers impressed by Patsy Kensit - all well and good.

I was happy to admit he did used to be rather modest and sweet, that was replaced with arrogance and patronising comments which he was called out on.....and didn't like!

maybe his next range should be True Colours!

well if Leighton has learned a lesson - that being - his QVC customers are not dim witted half brainers impressed by Patsy Kensit - all well and good.

I was happy to admit he did used to be rather modest and sweet, that was replaced with arrogance and patronising comments which he was called out on.....and didn't like!

maybe his next range should be True Colours!

Don't forget to vote for her, Leighton said.

Latest posts

Back