Hitting Rock Bottom

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
I know lots of us here have posted recently about how dire QVC's current offerings are but I can't help but wonder just how much further they can fall before they will be unable to recover? I think we've all noticed how much Richard Jackson and Northern Nights have been on already, and with so much more still to come. Then, this morning's beauty show was full of brands that I've not seen aired in literally years. The product itself must be old but, instead of knocking it out as cheaply as possible to get rid of it, they market it as though it's still a current brand and take about £2 off. Do they think we're stupid? or is it more to pull the wool over the eyes of the new customers? Either way, it seems to smack of desperation to get every last sale in. Otherwise it's just the same endless cycle of the samey products with the samey demos by samey people.

I hope it's not just me feeling like this? I know it's easy to get jaded with things but this has been a downward trend for a long time and it's getting depressing! It's supposed to be a shopping channel but there is now virtually nothing to shop for.

I rarely watch full hours these days and just dip in and out. You are right moth,the same old brands week in week out and presenters I don't like every time I switch on.A complete overhaul is needed.

I agree completely. Just watching the garden gnome flogging flower power and lawn magic. He's using the same before and after pics that have been used for the past two years. Even his sales patter is exactly the same . Sooo boring, but you're right Moth everything about Q is jaded and in desperate need of a re-vamp.

I suppose everything they have to air frequently must sell or they wouldnt bother. I personally hate all the gardening, bedding, cookery and technology shows(give me wall to wall make up,jewellry and bags etc!) and i guess the presenters come over as annoying or lazy as they have been there so long. Wish theyd employ people like Carla Lazlo(sp) and Marie- Francoise from kipling as regular presenters.

And everything I want is out of stock, snd the award winning customer services can only tell me that although there isnt a waitlist it is actually a "regular stock item" and sorry, no they cannot tell me when it dhould be coming back in. All I want is some flannel candy stripe duvet and sheets for when my children get into their big boy/girls bed. And that means I want a SINGLE. NN is their own brand so why cant they tell me? Also unless I am prepared to buy in the middle of the night (which I can at present) my shade of make up always sells out, as does my kipling in Cafe Latte. I'm just common, me! Lol. I paid more than the TSV because of this. They MUST know which colours are more popular so why not order more.

Their sales and clearance are a bit of a joke really, not much of a discount and stock thats been in their warehouse for yonks.

I bought my husband a Flip video recorder for Christmas and you can recharge it via your computer but on the info it said you could buy a separate charger but when I went on the web site the company aren`t making video recorders anymore ....so it looks as though QVC got a good deal on a job lot to the detriment of their customers If I had known this I wouldn`t have bought it I haven`t told my husband as he`s not a QVC fan anyway and would say something like I told you so!! I feel as though I`ve been had!!

I bought my husband a Flip video recorder for Christmas and you can recharge it via your computer but on the info it said you could buy a separate charger but when I went on the web site the company aren`t making video recorders anymore ....so it looks as though QVC got a good deal on a job lot to the detriment of their customers If I had known this I wouldn`t have bought it I haven`t told my husband as he`s not a QVC fan anyway and would say something like I told you so!! I feel as though I`ve been had!!

If its Tech they tell you that you can return it as guarantee is 12 months... but probably not for the fact there is no seperate charger availble. See if it breaks and send it back... maybe a chewed up video or something! Lol.

If its Tech they tell you that you can return it as guarantee is 12 months... but probably not for the fact there is no seperate charger availble. See if it breaks and send it back... maybe a chewed up video or something! Lol.

Invent an "intermittent" fault like it switching itself off mid-use. ring up and ask for a returns label and send it back. They do not check faulty stuff, and if they did then saying its intermittent will cover you. Do not have any qualms or feel "cheeky" doing this. You ought something in good faith and were misinformed. You're entitled to your money back by hook or by crook!

I agree with you - totally - but QVC is all about the "new" customers.

They're not fooling the old ones - they just hope that all the new customers they acquire don't read forums such as this,to be told that most of the stock is old or repetitive!!

we may have seen YBF 5 years ago,a beth terrell jacket from 7 years ago - but they haven't.They think its new and exciting - and this is what QVC bank on.

When you think about it qvc relied for so many years on the sale of their jewellery - there were so many different gem shows, gem fests, gold days, silver days - and now to see any sort of 'real' jewellery aired is as rare as a hen's tooth, its as though they have totally dropped out of the jewellery market altogether.

I also get the feeling that because of the downgrade of goods and the constant repeating of their own brand products, is the reason that JR's on screen presence is rarer and rarer (love her or loathe her her appearances are pretty far and few between lately, book aside); and headhunting presenters from the auction channels would not have been their way forward a few years ago. I hope this practice does not continue, if the present crop of auction sales people are anything to go by - two of the females this morning were at each other's throats and so unprofessional - if I was their employer they would have both got their P45s pretty quick !

'Sharing the Love' whatever that means is just another ploy to plug a hole in a sinking ship.

I agree Brissles. The price of gold and precious metals has really hit their jewellry, and some of their good quality silver with quartzite such as Carolyn Pollack) is very expensive. Remember the days when they flogged diamoneek on the basis that it was so good they set it as if it were diamonds, and silver was the lowest grade, now they are setting in stainless steel for goodness sake.

JR may be part time now? I dont see Julian as much either or Jilly.

Have you seen that Mary Portas article about QVC in the telegraph online? Sorry cant post link.

Yep that's the one! Thank you Loveinamist ( must ask you about that intriguing username sometime...)

brissles, please elaborate, who?:

"if the present crop of auction sales people are anything to go by - two of the females this morning were at each other's throats and so unprofessional - if I was their employer they would have both got their P45s pretty quick !"

I wondered that too. I dont watch the auction channels you see so wouldn't know

Yep that's the one! Thank you Loveinamist ( must ask you about that intriguing username sometime...)

No time like the present! I love flowers and Loveinamist are an early memory of flowers adored by a favourite aunt. They intrigued me in their structure and I have always had packets of seeds. Must take Sazza's offer up of contacting Graham to pay subscription by cheque as I am cautious about card use over the net, then I can get a pretty picture up. Thank you for your interest.

Mary Portas's article

Very funny. As a newcomer to QVC (since October 2011) I know what Mary Portas means:

"Verdict The more I watched, the less I could tear myself away. Perhaps I’d been hypnotised by all that sparkling jewellery"

I'm over my initial spend of products that I had happily lived without for years. But I do watch it every day at the moment at least to check what the TSV is.

It has got very repetitive to me now and I'm finding John Lewis very competitive with QVC prices for quality household items.

No time like the present! I love flowers and Loveinamist are an early memory of flowers adored by a favourite aunt. They intrigued me in their structure and I have always had packets of seeds. Must take Sazza's offer up of contacting Graham to pay subscription by cheque as I am cautious about card use over the net, then I can get a pretty picture up. Thank you for your interest.

How lovely to have that connection to seeds. My username is boring in comparison...I have no imagination.

My mum wont use her cards online either. Gets me or my brother to get stuff for her.

Latest posts

Back