Hitting a new low.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

From what ive heard about her Debbie flints "Queens" group , you can only say postive things and you can ONLY talk about Qvc products , except of course Debbies Books, Talk about double standards lol

Lets face it, would you volunteer to spend any of your valuable time with any of the presenters in person? Imagine being stuck in a lift with DF or JF . Thank God we can turn the TV sound down or change channels or just not watch.

It's cringeworthy and ruthless selling ...kerching kerching ..pound signs ...that's all they can see ....they say money is the root of all evil ...( a bit of a strong example but you know what I mean ) :mysmilie_492:

Someone told me once that she may have written a book, but we may have been mistaken. She will hardly advertise the fact as she is so modest.

Whoever told you that should have their mouth washed out with soap. You can tell them that if she had, she'd surely have told her best friend/next-door neighbour/bloke down the street/dustman/lady at the post office/taxi driver/checkout people/everyone in Q-Towers/neighbourhood watch team/gp practice/dentists/local bobby-on-the-beat/fire station/hospital radio/local radio station/everyone in the queue behind her/girlfriends she meets for coffee/extended family garnered from a huge family tree/everyone on the number 37 bus/random bloke she got chatting to for five minutes/old lady in the park/mum and toddler group/insignificant others etc, and not a word from any of them, let alone the millions of QVC viewers.

If my hubby came home with a DBF (love that name for her!) book, he'd be reading it from where the sun don't shine, and he wouldn't be sitting down to do it! :mysmilie_59:

What must it have been like as a paying passenger on that cruise.. It would have been like something out of cell block H, banged up with DBF for company, and no escape.

Man overboard!

It's amazing how they'll do and say just about anything to raise sales - now there's a thought, of course none of us know, but I wonder if they get performance pay or commission if more sales are done during their individual presentation hours - no matter what the product is - it would certainly explain some of the inane and inept comments and styles of presentation.

As some of you probably have guessed, I only now watch QVC and even that is wearing thing with me after 20 years. I can't stand Ideal World for too many reasons to go into, and only flip in and out to see what's on for certain demonstrations, then I sometimes just go to local shops to purchase if I fancy, but I long since stopped buying anything from Ideal World, indeed, I count only 3 times have I purchased from them in 15 years.

But, as for QVC I can't stand Sarah Griffiths and that other woman Marverine Cole, the latter I believe tries to hard and both are too gushy for me, but hey they are only 2.

I thought the same as the person who began this topic - poor taste, but you have to consider the source I'm afraid.

For some strange reason Del Boy Flint seems to have a big following, hence her Queens group. Personally I think she stands for everything I dislike and I find it hard to understand why so many people hang onto her every word, swallow her hype and cling to her self obsessed conversations. Goes to show there`s no accounting for taste .....

Her "matey" and "confidential" approach (you know me, you can trust me) has obviously sucked in the punters.

For some strange reason Del Boy Flint seems to have a big following, hence her Queens group. Personally I think she stands for everything I dislike and I find it hard to understand why so many people hang onto her every word, swallow her hype and cling to her self obsessed conversations. Goes to show there`s no accounting for taste .....

Vienna I wonder is it because we are of a different generation that was brought up properly to be ultra polite etc whereas, and I know this is a generalisation and of course does not apply to any of the younger members here, it now seems to me that the under 50!s seem to be very much in the DBF school of manners. This is why I think she may be popular with a certain type of person who look on her as something to aspire to, ie skin your granny for a flea.

I know JF is a self obsessed airhead but at least i feel that she wouldn't be unkind, just oblivious to the fact that there are folk who don't have money to burn.

LATI I can assure you that yours truly and at least one other under 50 on here have most definitely not been taken in by DBF. Never would be either. Insincerity oozes from her pores.

I was reading on FB the Q&A session on the Back to you group( a friend is a member so it floods my timeline) and some of the questions to gobby bint are sickening , people were telling her shes an inspiration , a role model etc WTF!!! What has she done to deserve that kind of credit !!! there are people every day losing there lives for our country, [people sacruifsing everything to raise money for charities, there the people that are inspirations, No shopping telly presenter is ever going to be an inspiration to me , and thats a Fact!!!!

Now I realise that I might be guilty of wearing Rose Tinted Glasses, but DF & SG used to be good during their first stints on Q, didn't they?
I liked 'em both first time round, but now I just can't stand either of them. Along with Marv & The Grinning Idiot of course.

I was reading on FB the Q&A session on the Back to you group( a friend is a member so it floods my timeline) and some of the questions to gobby bint are sickening , people were telling her shes an inspiration , a role model etc WTF!!! What has she done to deserve that kind of credit !!! there are people every day losing there lives for our country, [people sacruifsing everything to raise money for charities, there the people that are inspirations, No shopping telly presenter is ever going to be an inspiration to me , and thats a Fact!!!!

It is madness isn't it?? I could never belong to a group where the topics and tone of posts are determined by someone like DBF. It is just a vanity project for her and people, perhaps lonely people for whom Q is a bit of a lifeline, are sucked into it. Now how anyone cannot see her for what she is is beyond me. I think she is as hard as nails underneath all that back to you style crap. And don't get me started on her selling tactics. Buy two! Get three cos it is on three EP so it is the same price!!! It is now on advanced orders so get another one cos you don't have to pay for it yet. Flooded out?, buy some control pants!!!! Shameless. Inspiration indeed, perhaps to aspiring market traders.

Well lots of people seem to like Del Boy ( I`m not one of them ! ) because her FB Queens page has over 1200 members ( I`m not one of them either ! ) but hey ho the World is full of gullible people. I`ve no idea what they talk about on there and maybe some of the members have only joined so they can have a nosey but I`m pretty sure there`ll be lots of backside kissing and book plugging.

Another thing which is really bugging me right now about sales tactics is this business where they keep encouraging people to buy on advanced orders or waitlist on the basis that you'll have had another pay packet by that time and will be able to afford it. To me, wages and anything associated with it are a totally taboo subject and I certainly wouldn't appreciate some jumped up sales rep telling me what I should be doing with my money and when! JF is the worst at this but I have heard JR say it too. Do things like this come from above or do they just think it'll be a good point to make?

I quite like Flinty. She talks cobblers, of course, but always has a twinkle in her eye. Probably a good laugh down the pub.

I think they have hit the lowest bottom with their Poppy hour. I know money goes to the Poppy Appeal but they take a profit as well I am sure, didn't watch, but find it shameful. to sell the brooches for 10 mins or so is fine, but not a whole hour. they would not devote an hour if they were not making a profit.

Latest posts

Back