Hitting a new low.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
I had QVC on in the background last night and, during a jewellery hour, the presenter was using a recent high-profile passing as reason to tell us that we should be buying items for our loved ones, essentially while they're still here. Whilst that's not a sentiment I disagree with, using it to try and sell product is in pretty poor taste IMO. I was shocked to hear it and actually emailed to complain about it.

I love the way you assume it was Sara Griffiths - I did exactly the same thing. She's on at the moment, fawning over Jule's flaaaars
''

Oh I could have named half a dozen who would come out with something like that but I thought Bronzo Italia was the only jewellery on last night. Know I was miffed as soon as I saw who was presenting.

You know, I would rather the shouty women would present on their own because at least they would have reason to blather for the full hour. I hate the way they have to shout over the guests. I did hear one small part when she said that "only that you would be sacked from a shopping channel, you could just sit in silence and admire these" oh if only .

...she said that "only that you would be sacked from a shopping channel, you could just sit in silence and admire these" oh if only .

You're bang on there, loveallthingsitalian. Maybe some quiet, relaxing music in the background - just quietly. No screaming from the hags, no stock updates, no endless, recycled bullshit. Lovely. lol - we should start our own channel. Probably wouldn't be very profitable, but it'd be nice moving wallpaper.

I had QVC on in the background last night and, during a jewellery hour, the presenter was using a recent high-profile passing as reason to tell us that we should be buying items for our loved ones, essentially while they're still here. Whilst that's not a sentiment I disagree with, using it to try and sell product is in pretty poor taste IMO. I was shocked to hear it and actually emailed to complain about it.

Reminds me of the time Debbie Flint told flood victims they should order the slimming pants Tsv to cheer themselves up

DBF's quest for maximum sales just surpasses everything. She shoots off at the mouth so much I often wonder if she is oblivious to how inappropriate it is. If she knows exactly what she is saying then that lady needs to have a rethink.

Nothing surprises me about DF. She is totally amazing, or rather, her efforts to flog something are (often her own book).

That's if you haven't already heard from her own mouth that she writes books. And books. And more books. Wonderful, erudite, beautifully crafted, scintillating books. And even more books. Book after book after book after book.

:mysmilie_10:

Oh yes she did ...

jeeez... and there was me just disliking her for being a slightly grubby and coarse old woman who'd be better off down the high street with an open suitcase, telling everyone to 'buy two' of her fake Rolexes. But that... 'Hey people: your life's just been literally washed away but here - buy some pants and it won't feel so bad after all'. She's competing with Frankenstein for my 'person most in need of a ....' award.

Someone told me once that she may have written a book, but we may have been mistaken. She will hardly advertise the fact as she is so modest.:mysmilie_11:

What a night! SG, Marv, DBF all night with one show with Julia to break it up. Thank goodness I ordered my Gtech so no need to sit through those 3.

She'd try to sell you a gas cooker when you are all electric and tell you to get gas plumbed for it! Plus buy an electric one whilst you wait!

The problem with Miss Flint is she tries to play the " dumb blonde card" yet she is far from that , I remember a month or so ago when she was asking on fb for advice on her new book ,she was confused on which was the right term "brung" or "brought" something, Of course she knows theres no such word as "brung something" but it allows her group to feel like there contributing to her latest book. Her ego is out of control.

Someone told me once that she may have written a book, but we may have been mistaken. She will hardly advertise the fact as she is so modest.

Whoever told you that should have their mouth washed out with soap. You can tell them that if she had, she'd surely have told her best friend/next-door neighbour/bloke down the street/dustman/lady at the post office/taxi driver/checkout people/everyone in Q-Towers/neighbourhood watch team/gp practice/dentists/local bobby-on-the-beat/fire station/hospital radio/local radio station/everyone in the queue behind her/girlfriends she meets for coffee/extended family garnered from a huge family tree/everyone on the number 37 bus/random bloke she got chatting to for five minutes/old lady in the park/mum and toddler group/insignificant others etc, and not a word from any of them, let alone the millions of QVC viewers.

Latest posts

Back