Heys Set of 3 Suitcases TSV 05/08/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have a 4 wheel Tripp and have been pleased with it. It is easy to wheel, and it has been to Malaysia twice and to Singapore, no problems.

I have a Tripp Medium suitcase and a carry on. Used them both lots and they have stood the test of time well.

We have Tripp cases too. They come to Florida every year and come back weighing a LOT (around 30kgs each usually!) and they have all survived (so far......) despite the baggage handlers best efforts! They are scuffed but still intact. Only get them in the sales though, the full price is a bit much :(

Thank you so much to everyone who wrote reassuring messages about their Tripp luggage. I had been having nightmares about pushing a cracked and wheel snapped off suitcase around various airports in India this autumn, dropping dirty undies everywhere and falling over my walking stick in the hand not holding the gaffer-taped remnants of my case.

The Heys have sold out. I await with interest the reviews over the coming weeks and months (and we know we can trust QVC's reviews, slight cough) to see how they stand up to wear and tear.

Sorry to push my way into these columns again, ladies and gentlemen, but my Conspiracy Theory hat is on. Out of curiosity I looked at QVC's website a moment ago just to see what other cases they were still selling. Found the stripy Highbury at a clearance price. Where are the reviews??? I distinctly remember, unless I am going daft, that a few months ago when I was in my Tripp buying frenzy I looked first to see what Q had, saw these stripey cases, and was put off by the bad reviews. So where are they then? Was I hallucinating, or does going to a highly discounted price mean that reviews are removed and obliterated?

Last edited:
Sorry to push my way into these columns again, ladies and gentlemen, but my Conspiracy Theory hat is on. Out of curiosity I looked at QVC's website a moment ago just to see what other cases they were still selling. Found the stripy Highbury at a clearance price. Where are the reviews??? I distinctly remember, unless I am going daft, that a few months ago when I was in my Tripp buying frenzy I looked first to see what Q had, saw these stripey cases, and was put off by the bad reviews. So where are they then? Was I hallucinating, or does going to a highly discounted price mean that reviews are removed and obliterated?

I've frequently noticed the same: particularly on Clearance and Last Clicks items. I believe it's as much because of the age of the reviews as the quality of the reviews.

On the subject of Tripp luggage - I won't buy anything else, now. Keep an eye out for Debenhams Blue Cross sale events and their event within an event promotions. I've had some stonking bargains on Tripp cases. Given how much chucking around luggage gets, I want tough cases, but I resent paying premium prices, given how much time they spend bunged in a cupboard.

hate soft luggage. dont like the look but my daughter has some ex qvc ones from many years ago still going strong. look tatty, soft does, hence i dont buy them. love delsey and all hard luggage just looks lovely and sleek. my sister has some of the new floral ted baker with the rose gold handles and 4 wheels. so gorgeous

Luggage

Did anybody buy the luggage set that was the TSV, just wondered if it was any good, or if anybody can recommend a good strong set

Big vote of confidence from me for the Tripp range. My cabin-size case is a dupe for the smallest of that TSV set. Their luggage stands up well to the bashing the airlines dish out. They're also capacious and pretty light.

If you do decide to give Tripp a go, keep an eye out at Debenhams for the blue cross sale and other additional reductions.

Thank you just checked Debenhams the Tripp ones are on offer not sure whether to go for hard bodies or the material ones ,any advise

I went for the Tripp case but I went for the material one. I'm replacing a hard case. The boot prints on the hard case make me wince! And mine has actually split that's to the application of one boot too many. It lasted 10 years though so I'm really not complaining. I just fancied a change. :eek:)

I vote for Kipling luggage too, Amazon often offers. I got a bargain on the PoshBags website of a little Kipling purse, so that may be another place to look.

Suitcase set TSV

I know I am late with this post but I watched the video.

It was a "great" demo of them standing on the cases showing how they sprung back into shape when they got off.

But it also showed how weak they were, and would give no protection at all to their contents,

And the lids didn't even have a frame, so that made them even weaker.

Also, cases with a zip can easily be opened with a ballpoint pen, even when locked, and then refastened with the lock still in position, so they have no security at all. I saw this on YouTube.

Finally, the ball bearing wheels are fine unless you are on a slope. On even the slightest slope, you can't let go of them otherwise they would run away from you.

I'll be interested to read the reviews.

Nice colours though.

hard cases look very smart. i always buy them. lucky enough to have been able to afford delsey. i have given them to family when i fancy a change. but they do show scuffs even the better ones. i use them for around 10-15 years then give then away.the wheels never fall off and they dont dent and i fly a lot. being a bargain hunter i look out for 50% sales. .

now i fancy a change even if its for carry on cases and it will be kipling light,pretty practical

Latest posts

Back