05/08/24 - 11/08/24 Big Deals

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thank you! I have never seen those soaps at my Aldi, but will have a look on Friday when I am there for my weekly grocery shopping. Hopefully I am lucky, at least the Lidl handsoaps are the same here in Germany, so let's see.
They are always in store, as much as anything is “always” in Aldi….
But I’ve been getting them for a few years now. Just remember Aldi do mixed boxes,so if you can’t see the fragrance you want, have a root around!

Yes, I know, but I have seen different products at other Aldis abroad which we don't have in Germany. Don't get me started on the Cleanse & Polish dupe I would like to try sooooo badly but well, maybe they sell the soaps here (I usually buy liquid soap in drugstores because of the varieties there, that's why I don't know if they sell the same soaps here at Aldi Germany as in the UK).

Yes, I know, but I have seen different products at other Aldis abroad which we don't have in Germany. Don't get me started on the Cleanse & Polish dupe I would like to try sooooo badly but well, maybe they sell the soaps here (I usually buy liquid soap in drugstores because of the varieties there, that's why I don't know if they sell the same soaps here at Aldi Germany as in the UK).
They seem to have discontinued the cleanse and polish dupe…

Are Molton Brown or Liz Earle known/available in Germany, Ani? I am just thinking that if not, it would be why your Aldi doesn’t offer dupes?

Out of interest, what sort of beauty Specialbuys do they have there - do you recognise any of the ones we talk about in the Aldi Beauty thread?

I also had a Pomegranate & Ginger and a Lime & Patchouli from that range at Aldi (they were “branded” Abbott & Broome in similar typeface to Molton Brown, in case you were in any doubt what they were copies of). In fact, I’ve just seen I still have one on my “stock list” so that’s how far behind I am working through the stash! Five years for gawd’s sake! As if I needed any more reason to avoid the Molton Brown sale and any QVC deals.

Oh no, been led astray again! 😉

This time to the Molton Brown sale..!

Not for me, I’m not a fan - well the one occasion I was given a bottle of theirs (a champagne shimmer Christmas limited edition?), it was beautiful but couldn’t believe the price!

The others of my mum’s minis sets, I’ve smelt were nice, sure, but couldn’t accept prices..!

I do know that my SIL loves it and possibly one of my good friends so would be good for pressies.

Has anyone smelt or knows Pettigree Dew or Lily & Magnolia Blossom?!

Both well reduced and sound nice but no idea at all!

[Just seen there’s a MB Sale thread so going to post there too hope that is okay/allowed?! Or should I delete one post?
Sorry!]

ARMED ROBBERY ATTEMPT AT MY LOCAL LIDL

An arrest was made in my street about 50 yards from my house by armed police with dogs!

I was walking around the area at the same time as the knifeman was running around, although I didn't see anything. He was wearing a balaclava.

The attacked customer was pregnant,

Last edited:

An arrest was made in my street about 50 yards from my house by armed police with dogs!

I was walking around the area at the same time as the knifeman was running around, although I didn't see anything. He was wearing a balaclava.

In lovely Devon 😢 It’s so depresssing. I’m very pleased they caught the vile coward. He’ll probably be back on the streets in no time, the way things are, though.

In lovely Devon 😢 It’s so depresssing. I’m very pleased they caught the vile coward. He’ll probably be back on the streets in no time, the way things are, though.
There are loads of posts on my local FB group, including someone who was in the queue 2 places behind the woman, and they said a man tackled the knifeman and he ran away.

When I went up to lidl shopping later, there was still a large police van in my road about 50 yd from my house, and lots of police tape blocking off a short cul-de-sac off my road.

There are loads of posts on my local FB group, including someone who was in the queue 2 places behind the woman, and they said a man tackled the knifeman and he ran away.

When I went up to lidl shopping later, there was still a large police van in my road about 50 yd from my house, and lots of police tape blocking off a short cul-de-sac off my road.
Shocking and unnerving, especially when its close to home.

😮

Must have been a horrible shock for you when you found out what had happened, Stratobuddy....thank heavens you weren't there when it happened, but still too close to home. Let's hope the poor lady customer will be OK, likewise anyone else affected by what went on in the store.

Even if someone's not physically harmed, it still must be terrifying and can have far-reaching effects afterwards. Something seriously has to be done about violent crime in this country - it seems out of control.

I also had a Pomegranate & Ginger and a Lime & Patchouli from that range at Aldi (they were “branded” Abbott & Broome in similar typeface to Molton Brown, in case you were in any doubt what they were copies of). In fact, I’ve just seen I still have one on my “stock list” so that’s how far behind I am working through the stash! Five years for gawd’s sake! As if I needed any more reason to avoid the Molton Brown sale and any QVC deals.
I can't get any of the Ginger and Pomegranate here up North any more, loved the smell too. I only buy the Aldi hand wash soaps now, they have never affected my sensitive skin at all and are an absolute bargain. I use the blue one in the kitchen and rhubarb and rose upstairs ( guilty admission - I decant into other bottles!!)

I can't get any of the Ginger and Pomegranate here up North any more, loved the smell too. I only buy the Aldi hand wash soaps now, they have never affected my sensitive skin at all and are an absolute bargain. I use the blue one in the kitchen and rhubarb and rose upstairs ( guilty admission - I decant into other bottles!!)
I have been very impressed with them as well and it’s part of the reason I’m reluctant to pay Molton Brown prices now.

I don't think the MB Pom & Ging is available any more either, is it? Or did they just change the name?

Latest posts

Back