Halo Portable Charger & Case TSV 10/03/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have been tempted to get this in the past as it is a great idea, but it gets awful reviews which have really put me off. Does anyone here have it and, if so, is it worth it!

Bought mine from Amazon via a hot uk deal that was raving about it. I have a small handbag one and a very heavy duty one that is fabulous

Oh the joy , a day of Abby peddling this !! i wont be watching.

No, no, no. -and even on mute she is beyond annoying.

I see most of the shows are with MeCharlie so shall we take bets as to how early into the launch we hear that he has bought it to his mother for Mother's Day or his father (to use with his famous soup maker!!!)

I would rather clean my oven and that is saying something.

No, no, no. -and even on mute she is beyond annoying.

I see most of the shows are with MeCharlie so shall we take bets as to how early into the launch we hear that he has bought it to his mother for Mother's Day or his father (to use with his famous soup maker!!!)

I would rather clean my oven and that is saying something.

Someone who is such a hygiene freak, has to have the WC Wunder Antibacterial toilet brush, LATI! Only £22.00 + £3.95 postage. And you could buy one for the cloakroom toilet, the ensuite, and the toilet at the bottom of the garden, and you save £5.00, on each additional one! A no brainer, really!:mysmilie_13:

Halo 3000 mAh Ultra Slim Portable Charger with Mirror Finish & RFID Card Wallet
Item Number; 506045
QVC Price £24.50
Today's Special Value Price £19.96
P&P £3.95

Buy more and save £4.00 on every additional item.

The Halo 300mAh ultra slim charger allows you to power-up your portable gadgets like smartphones, cameras and gaming devices, on the go, plus its beautifully presented in a slim, fashionable case that contains a compact mirror and RFID card blocking technology to help protect your credit cards from electronic identity theft. Make sure your electronics devices never lose power with this superb, pocket-sized portable charger from HALO.

How it works - simply plug your HALO into a standard computer USB port to charge it up. Then it’s ready to charge all your portable devices using the various charging cables included. You get a USB to micro USB cable, a USB to 8-pin cable and even a 30-pin connector tip for added versatility, so you can charge your compatible devices on the go. You can even use the USB charging cable that was supplied with your gadget to connect up to the charger.

What is RFID blocking technology? - Items such as credit cards are often equipped with an RFID chip, which contains information that identity thieves are looking for, and a quick scan can give them access to your bank accounts and more. RFID shielding technology helps ensure you can carry your cards around with confidence. The HALO has this technology built in to the fabric of the case to protect your cards.

Small and stylish - the HALO is slim and portable and can easily be fitted into your handbag or pocket, plus it features a handy mirror too. This essential, tech-savvy accessory comes in a variety of fun prints and colours so you can pick a charger that matches your personality.

Buy more and save - buy more than one of this item and save £4 per additional purchase.

Fully charged it has enough capacity to charge a typical smartphone at least once
Can be used for mobile phones, cameras, Bluetooth devices, gaming systems and other gadgets
Holds its charge up to eight months
One year limited manufacturer's warranty

Colour options:

Navy
Floral Print
Silver
Black
Navy Polka Dot
Pink Paisley

Technical specifications:

3000mAh power
Compatible with devices that use micro USB, standard USB, or 30-pin tip chargers
Compatible with all devices equipped with a USB male connection cable
LED fuel tank indicator: one light: 0% - 25%; two lights: 26% - 50%; three lights: 51% - 75%; four lights: 76% - 100%
Dimensions (H x W x D): 10.5cm x 7.5cm x 2cm (4.2" x 3" x 1.75")
Weight: 5.1oz

Usage:

iPhone 6: 14 hours talk time
iPhone 5: 8 hours talk time
iPhone 4: 9 hours talk time
Samsung Galaxy S5: 11 hours talk time
Samsung Galaxy S4: 12.5 hours talk time
Blackberry Z10: 10 hours talk time
iPad Mini: 3 hours web use
Kindle Fire: 2 hours web use

What’s in the box?

Halo 300mAh ultra slim portable charger with mirror and RFID card wallet
USB to micro USB charging cable
USB to 8-pin charging cable
30-pin connector tip
Instructions

Behind the brand
Halo2Cloud offer a range of innovative consumer electronics dedicated to making your lives easier at home and at work, by doing everything from making it safer and more convenient to talk on the phone whilst you're driving to opening up the world of cloud computing with a range of advanced cloud-enabled devices.

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.506045

two of my daughters are mums now and this would make a lovely mothers day gift instead of flowers plus one for me. love the fact its pretty and has a mirror and now everyone is being given contactless cards i am liking this

We bought a couple of Halo chargers for our teenagers the Christmas before last. I can't remember whether they were this brand Halo or possibly Hipstreet, but returned them as faulty - the charging capacity was nowhere near that advertised and one of their iphones (can't remember which model) the jacks wouldn't stay plugged in. So every time there's been a Halo charger on Q since then I've wanted to believe the hype in spite of our earlier experience. But when I look at the reviews on qvc.com they're not fantastic. Such a shame because they sound ideal little gadgets.
http://http://www.qvc.com/HALO-Set-of-2-3000-mAh-Ultra-Slim-Portable-Charger-w-RFID-Card-Wallet.product.E226294.html?sc=E226294-User&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-3-_-E226294&catentryImage=http://images.qvc.com/is/image/e/94/e226294.001?$uslarge$

Thanks Akimbo,
You've just saved me over £20.00. I was gonna get one for my neice for Easter as she's always losing/forgetting her charging unit, but I'll look for a better alternative on Amazon.

You're welcome! It's such a shame and I really want them to get this right for the next incarnation of these chargers but they clearly haven't, and no amount of cute designs or handy wallet features can compensate for less than perfect functionality. They've missed out on four sales from me again because the US reviews are ofputting, so that's 80 quids worth of sales from me alone. Plus there'll be a percentage of returns to chip away at their profits! They should focus on R&D until they get it right!

I was going to say the reviews for this have not been good in the past!
I ordered an Anker one of Amazon and it seems quite good.

Well done that's brilliant Mr M.

It's difficult to know what to get her TBH Lynn.
She's a typical youngster in every respect, but she doesn't like chocolate or sweets! Never has. Even when she was a baby, she'd pick fruit over sweets every time.
I remember once, she was only about 1 at the time, we all went to a café for a cuppa.
All she wanted was a piece of Black Forest Gateau. We couldn't believe it. We paid about £4.00 for this piece of cake.
We put it down in front of her and she was delighted, with the cherry on the top. That was it. One single cherry. That was all she wanted.
The cake went to waste in the end because no-one else actually liked Black Forest Gateau.

I can't remember seeing this slim design before, and I have ordered it.

The clincher was the Lightning to 30 pin adapter so I can use it for my vintage iPod.

BTW Apple charge £30 for their adapter, I had to buy one when I bought my iPad so I could use it with my Bose Sounddock.

I fancied the "silver" but it looks nothing like silver so didn't risk it, so went for the navy polka dot as I wanted an easy to find colour as I am always losing things!

Latest posts

Back