Halo Portable Charger & Case TSV 10/03/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Actually, this has excellent instructions, even though you may need a magnifying glass to read them.

BUT BEWARE ------ the Apple Lightning lead does NOT fit into the Apple 30 pin adapter. For some reason, you have to plug the other lead into it.

This means I can't use the adapter with my Apple ipad lead, and Apple charge £30 for one.

Mine came this afternoon, it looks good and charged my iPhone. So far so good

it works with my htc one my daughter has the new samsung and she is ticked pink with her one. my other daughter has a i phone but will se her tommorow hope it works

When I said the instructions were excellent, I was mistakenly thinking about the Ventus torch I mentioned above.

BTW I have posted a review about the torch, but haven't tried all the Halo features yet. There is one review, they returned it because the flap didn't have a way to hold shut. I will use an elastic band!

there are 5 reviews and i am quite shocked at them. cant believe there were no spare leads in the boxes how irritating. but some of the otheres were just plain odd. i am so untechy my children laugh at me all the time. but even i can charge my phone with the halo. one review was afraid the high shine finish would diminish with use so returned it based on that.

on the other hand was off to gym this morning and my phone was totally flat. so i charged my phone with the halo. it took 1.5 hours to fully charge it.

my daughter are smitten with thier mothers day gifts. specially my oldest daughter. she has never seen anything like it. my daughters are thinking i am quite a cool mum now :mysmilie_8:

Perhaps they didn't find the lead that was attached to the case?

The other lead was in a "bubble" in the packaging, as was the Apple adapter.

But I must admit I spent some time looking for a lead with a standard USB connector on it. There isn't one, just cheap flat plastic thingys.

It did lead me into some interesting research into USB connections, wiring, etc. I hadn't realised the USB 1 and 2 only use 4 wires in the cable, whereas USB 3 use a lot more.

Perhaps they didn't find the lead that was attached to the case?

The other lead was in a "bubble" in the packaging, as was the Apple adapter.

But I must admit I spent some time looking for a lead with a standard USB connector on it. There isn't one, just cheap flat plastic thingys.

It did lead me into some interesting research into USB connections, wiring, etc. I hadn't realised the USB 1 and 2 only use 4 wires in the cable, whereas USB 3 use a lot more.

but it does show the chappy taking it off the charger in the video. i was not happy that after charging my phone i had to totally charge the halo. i suspect its not really meant to be used lots just for emergencies. htc phones are notorious for running out of charge through the day. mind you so is the newest samsung.

Ok, 'depressed Brissles' reporting in on her 4 purchases !

As it was one for me and 3 for presents, I checked out whether the Halo's were fully charged - and they weren't, only 3/4 full , soooo I plugged them into my pc and it took roughly an hour for the final blue light to stop blinking.

My brother was one of the recipients and we tested it on his smart phone, and it began charging ok. So he's one happy bunny, as am I..........so far.

Depression lifted.

Alright, we all want gadgets to work, but realistically we get what we pay for, and if this recharges a phone in an emergency for under £20, then for a life or death emergency even if it doesn't come up to scratch in other departments, its money well spent ! The answer is to pay much more for a top quality gadget that's not likely to go kaput at the first hurdle. Its like comparing the Dorchester to a seaside B & B !!!!

Ok, 'depressed Brissles' reporting in on her 4 purchases !

As it was one for me and 3 for presents, I checked out whether the Halo's were fully charged - and they weren't, only 3/4 full , soooo I plugged them into my pc and it took roughly an hour for the final blue light to stop blinking.

My brother was one of the recipients and we tested it on his smart phone, and it began charging ok. So he's one happy bunny, as am I..........so far.

Depression lifted.

Alright, we all want gadgets to work, but realistically we get what we pay for, and if this recharges a phone in an emergency for under £20, then for a life or death emergency even if it doesn't come up to scratch in other departments, its money well spent ! The answer is to pay much more for a top quality gadget that's not likely to go kaput at the first hurdle. Its like comparing the Dorchester to a seaside B & B !!!!

i am happy with mine as long as it works its fine with me. just getting used to the "mechanics"

two of my daughters are mums now and this would make a lovely mothers day gift instead of flowers plus one for me. love the fact its pretty and has a mirror and now everyone is being given contactless cards i am liking this

Just being nosey. Do you buy your daughters presents on Mother's Day? That's unusual.

So far, I've refused to accept a contactless card.

If you ring the bank and make a fuss, they will send you an ordinary one instead.

Why should I have to buy special wallets to protect my money for a contactless card which I wouldn't use anyway?

Me too Strato, but then I don't 'do' on-line banking, tooooo risky and dont' trust the system, and (gasp!) I still write cheques and use coins and bank notes - and will do til the day I die ! Don't laugh, but its only in the past 5 years that I've started using hole in the walls ! - my cheque stubbs were a reliable source for me of my bank balance, as bits of paper from these ATMs get lost.

it makes me shudder the thought of contactless. you can use these for bus journeys. tfl are rubbish with oyster cards i could never trust them with my bank account

Latest posts

Back