Hair by Philip Kingsley TSV - 02/11/09

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hmmm, I'm in a quandary here. I'm trying to really look after my hair which has been looking sad after my pregnancy (I have a lot of thick, wavy frizzy hair, with dry ends).
Now, I have tried today for the first time a sachet of elasticizer, and I do think it has made my hair nice, but not fabulous. I am tempted by the Hot Pick 1L Elasticizer because I have looked online and it seems very good value at the QVC price, and I'm thinking that I need more regular use to see results. I also like the fact that you apply it before shampooing.

So the dilemma is: 1L Elasticizer or this Ojon kit which also seems very good value (the problem is that I have never tried Ojon, although I am impressed with what I have read on the forum about it...). Any advice please?

Can't comment on PK but when I used this ojon kit I kept getting asked whether I had had my hair done, and complemented on it. Problem is it might make you fall in love with tawaka and its been discontinued. I have thick hair too by the way

Never used PK at all, can someone tell me what the elsticizer or maximizer are meant to do please?

Elasticizer is basically a weekly deep conditioning treatment, and Maximizer is a styling product that is designed to "maximise" each individual hair shaft for maximum volume. I just find my hair easy to style and manageable when I use it. It's like a cheats "Just stepped out of the salo-o-o-o-on" look for me as I only spend about 3 minutes blowdrying. My hair's quite similar to Alison Youngs -coloured and fine but plenty of it. With the right cut and some decent products though it scrubs up very well.

( :blush: :D am I the only one who remembers that ad for Salon Selectives. Whatever happened to them?)

Hmmm, I'm in a quandary here. I'm trying to really look after my hair which has been looking sad after my pregnancy (I have a lot of thick, wavy frizzy hair, with dry ends).
Now, I have tried today for the first time a sachet of elasticizer, and I do think it has made my hair nice, but not fabulous. I am tempted by the Hot Pick 1L Elasticizer because I have looked online and it seems very good value at the QVC price, and I'm thinking that I need more regular use to see results. I also like the fact that you apply it before shampooing.

So the dilemma is: 1L Elasticizer or this Ojon kit which also seems very good value (the problem is that I have never tried Ojon, although I am impressed with what I have read on the forum about it...). Any advice please?

i've used both and i much prefer ojon. My hair is very fine ,dry and wavy but and when i use ojon it looks thick, healthy and shiny, The elasticiser is good but i find ojon much better.

Can't comment on PK but when I used this ojon kit I kept getting asked whether I had had my hair done, and complemented on it. Problem is it might make you fall in love with tawaka and its been discontinued. I have thick hair too by the way

I like and use both so I'm no use to you! :blush:

Sorry if this a daft question, but if I use the PK Maximiser and then use my straighteners, will I be undoing the work done by the maximiser? Ideally, I'd like to have sleek hair, but still with some ooomph. If that makes any sense...

The 3pm show was supposed a Beauty Gifts show. They spent over half an hour on PK products!!! Have to say I wouldn't be very impressed if someone bought me PK items as a gift, it definately something you buy for yourself!!!

I would go for Ojon, SS. It seems we have the same type of hair. Ojon products make my hair look great. I used only a couple of sachets of the Elasticizer that came with the PK paddle brush; not impressed with either.

Sorry if this a daft question, but if I use the PK Maximiser and then use my straighteners, will I be undoing the work done by the maximiser? Ideally, I'd like to have sleek hair, but still with some ooomph. If that makes any sense...

I straighten sometimes - but then I tend to aim the maximiser squarely at the roots for root oomph with sleek lengths!

Guys, thank you so much for all the responses. It would seem that Ojon wins hands down. I think I might well go for that kit and see how I get on. I can always get the elasticizer another time, I suppose, as it's fairly easy to get. :flower:

you won't regret it SS. I had that kit when it was a TSV and even better it was on AD. The Tawaka shampoo is fabulous for drier hair. Enjoy it.

Carry On - QVC!

... looking at the TSV presentations today, can't you just imagine the film version with the late great Charles Hawtrey as PK and Wilfred Brambell as his hairdresser sidekick...

... looking at the TSV presentations today, can't you just imagine the film version with the late great Charles Hawtrey as PK and Wilfred Brambell as his hairdresser sidekick...

Snuffles that is hilarious :giggle::giggle::giggle:

Latest posts

Back