Guidance on returns and refunds please ....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

missymissfabulous

Registered Shopper
Hi guys

Little bit of guidance on returns and refunds if poss !!

I ordered the Perricone TSV on 3 easy pays - returned on 7 march (9 March being last return date on slip), and sent off, not recorded delivery, but with proof of posting (I live in Liverpool - so return to Knowsley by 1st class would easily have been within time).

Anyhoo, 3 weeks down the line, item still not processed as a return, I called yesterday to advise and they are sending me a claim form. Today they took another £70 being the last of 3 easy pays ....

I am worried though, that I have just read that items over £200 in value should be by recorded delivery & with insurance - which i can understand for jewellery, watches, etc - as their value would remain unaltered by the use of a customer and return under the 30 day period.

I rarely in over 12 yrs have sent anything back (3 things I think), so never realised this ...... the items were all generously tried over the try out period (bought for my SIL & I), and none of the items were anywhere near full or could be sold on (were actually pretty poor result wise anyway) .....

BUT would they use the RD issue to avoid refunding the amount, if the items have not arrived back ? (which is doubtful as they were in a bright pink sealed postal courier bag, with the addressed self adhesive return label, and my address on there for return if not delivered).

I am really worried .... I really can't afford to lose the £207 for items that were poor in quality and returned under the 30 day gte,

Anyone else have a similar experience, and what did QVC do ... ??

Thanks all

Worried Missy xx

They will probably accept the proof of posting, I'd expect the worst that'll happen is they'll write telling you they'll refund this time and reiterate the rule about recorded delivery for future high value returns. Even on high value items the sticky return label says to use second class post as far as I can remember.

Don't send them the original proof of posting, send a photo-copy in case they lose it!

Best of luck
Jude xx

I hope they sort it out for you. I didn't know about the recorded delivery issue. Mind you most of my purchases and returns from QVC are rarely over £50 but I still didn't know and would have done the same as you.

Thanks for the replies guys .. my hubby agrees, and actually said they would be ridiculous to pee you off considering the amount you spend with them, and never return. (I can only hope he is right, or refunds process it before I return the claim form - I shall certainly give myself for not reading the returns policy before hand.... heres with fingers and toes crossed !!)

Thanks again (I'll let you know what happens)

Missy x

Latest posts

Back