Green Seasons Drama Yet Again

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I thought I would put a positive post amongst all the negative ones. My daughter has bought Green Seasons for the last 3 years and she has been very pleased with the meat hence why she keeps ordering them. Her order arrived last week. She was one of the ones who had two delivered by mistake and QVC has said she can keep it. They have decided to donate some money to a local charity because of this. I do take issue with some on here who say that if you buy this you are some sort of fool. I find your comments disingenuous. Ok you wouldnt order it but dont make rude comments about those who do.

My daughter ordered the 7 bird roast and she received it a few days before the expected delivery date. I am quite taken aback by what she paid for it but I wouldn't choose to comment. As far as I am concerned she can spend her hard earned money in any way she wishes.

Just been speaking with my neighbour, shes waiting for two of these hampers, and nothing has arrived, shes rang qvc, and all they will say, it may still arrive, but in case it doesn't they will refund her so she can go and buy something else, that's not good enough I don't think, one thing it will be days before she gets her refund, and now she has to start looking where to get her meat from.

I noticed yesterday that staff in my local Sainsbury's were taking "birds" off the shelves and putting them aside for customer orders. I've no idea why and even though I wanted to ask I thought better of it but I did get a nosey at the paperwork and there were names and orders on the list they were working from.

I hope everyone who ordered got what they wanted.

This Green Seasons debacle has gone on too long. Orders should have been cancelled and immediate refunds issued to allow people the time and money to find alternatives. Really not on.

QVC go on... and on... and on about Christmas, but when push comes to shove, and the things that really matter - like putting food on the table - they can't deliver! Or Green Seasons can't. In that case they should either look for a different supplier, or get Green Seasons on earlier and stop them being on once their capacity for preparing and sending out orders is reached. Of all the things they sell, meat is one of the things where you can go elsewhere really easily (and you can really get some excellent quality meat even at the supermarkets) - and once you've been let down once, you won't go for it again... so more fool them.

I noticed yesterday that staff in my local Sainsbury's were taking "birds" off the shelves and putting them aside for customer orders. I've no idea why and even though I wanted to ask I thought better of it but I did get a nosey at the paperwork and there were names and orders on the list they were working from.

I hope everyone who ordered got what they wanted.

This Green Seasons debacle has gone on too long. Orders should have been cancelled and immediate refunds issued to allow people the time and money to find alternatives. Really not on.

People book their meat etc in supermarkets, you pay a deposit usually from October to beginning of December order period. So those are set aside for the customer coming in. I was in M&S the other day and in the clothes part in a corner was a counter set up with a large fridge display of turkeys, meat and sweets set up for people collecting. Never knew they did that early in the week!!! I collect my real range turkey crown tomorrow. Just got an email reminding me to come and collect it.

As for Green Seasons, people really need to wise up next year, but of course they won't. The easy pay and people wanting to budget, they trust QVC(hangs head), many will get their orders and as per normal many will not.

The people told they will get their stuff on Christmas Eve, will never have it defrosted from the dry ice in time to cook on Christmas day.

People book their meat etc in supermarkets, you pay a deposit usually from October to beginning of December order period. So those are set aside for the customer coming in. I was in M&S the other day and in the clothes part in a corner was a counter set up with a large fridge display of turkeys, meat and sweets set up for people collecting. Never knew they did that early in the week!!! I collect my real range turkey crown tomorrow. Just got an email reminding me to come and collect it.

As for Green Seasons, people really need to wise up next year, but of course they won't. The easy pay and people wanting to budget, they trust QVC(hangs head), many will get their orders and as per normal many will not.

The people told they will get their stuff on Christmas Eve, will never have it defrosted from the dry ice in time to cook on Christmas day.

The rate they go, they should have the Christmas TSV on the Christmas in July weekend to have a chance of guaranteeing delivery!

I really do feel very sorry for all those that have been let down. I hope you all get sorted and manage to get something from your local butcher or supermarket. QVC l am absolutely appalled at this shocking fiasco. You should hang your heads in shame. Perhaps one of us should tweet Chuntley to see if she has got hers, she said she had ordered the hamper. I bet hers arrived in time!

If they made the delivery date earlier then it would give them a bit of time to sort any problems or refund people in time for them to buy elsewhere. Promising delivery up to Christmas Eve is totally unacceptable.

They have told my nieghbour they reordered her original order as the first one was lost somewhere, so now thats four hampers missing, they so blatantly obvious havent even been sent out, Ive done most of my shopping on line, so have my two sons, and had them all sent to me my house looks like a parcel depot, but not one single item has got lost, we eevn ordered something last night from Amazon, and its out for delivery today,

Qvc should be ashamed,

Im just taking my nieghbour to Morrisons hopefully we can get her a turkey and rest of hr stuff

I have ordered 2 finger rings and still have not received .but two things from tjc and Amazon last noon and tjc I already received it with free P&P and Amazon is out for delivery .qvc is making mega bucks .time to reconsider my shopping with them next year .

I really do feel very sorry for all those that have been let down. I hope you all get sorted and manage to get something from your local butcher or supermarket. QVC l am absolutely appalled at this shocking fiasco. You should hang your heads in shame. Perhaps one of us should tweet Chuntley to see if she has got hers, she said she had ordered the hamper. I bet hers arrived in time!

Of course it will.

They have told my nieghbour they reordered her original order as the first one was lost somewhere, so now thats four hampers missing, they so blatantly obvious havent even been sent out, Ive done most of my shopping on line, so have my two sons, and had them all sent to me my house looks like a parcel depot, but not one single item has got lost, we eevn ordered something last night from Amazon, and its out for delivery today,

Qvc should be ashamed,

Im just taking my nieghbour to Morrisons hopefully we can get her a turkey and rest of hr stuff

I hope your neighbour manages to get a turkey at the supermarket. She's lucky you can take her. I feel sorry for anyone who has been let down by QVC and can't get out to soart a replacement.

Too stressful for people just before Christmas. I suspect the pies I ordered for Christmas last year that "got lost" weren't ever made or sent out. Shouldn't take the orders if they can't meet them, especially at this time of year.

I got a duck in Asda on Monday for £5.00 - would only do 2 or 3 but that's a very good price.

CC

We have had Lidl turkey for the past few years and it is lovely. The fresh ones were around £28 to feed 8-10 last year and this year they are around £30. However for the first year ever we bought a frozen one from Lidl about 3 weeks ago. Same brand. Same size. Cost £15. We also have leg of lamb and large joint of beef in the freezer, all bought half price and frozen.

I feel really sorry for those who have been let down by these cowboys.

Is it likely this will be the Last Christmas QVC deal with Green Seasons, they have been witb QVC longer tgan Buccleaugh (or however its spelt) Kings Realm, how about the Chiswick Ramblers

Normally I have guests for a full week at Christmas until new year and food shopping is very stressful not helped by the fact I just hate the festive season.

However this year no one is coming so Mr L and I decided just to eat out of the freezer as much as possible as it is a full length one and is full to bursting.

I shall get fresh food tomorrow early and that is me, boy it has made a big difference to the the stress levels which is just as well as work is mega stressful for the next few weeks.

Latest posts

Back