Green Seasons Drama Yet Again

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

donna255

ShoppingTelly Supporter
So it seems the Christmas fare ordered has turned into the usual drama.

Customers being told they cannot guarantee delivery before Christmas eve, yes that is right Christmas Eve!!! Customers going nuts on the FB page saying they do not trust QVC to actually deliver on Christmas Eve. Some have had their orders cancelled by QVC and others are cancelling themselves.

QVC are doing the usual over subscribed, yet Green Seasons is a QVC company!!

How dreadful! How many times does this need to happen before QVC sort this out?

Presumably they know what the maximum capacity is to prepare the meats for dispatch, and they could therefore limit the orders accordingly?

Commercially this must be a disaster for the reputations of both QVC and Green Seasons.

Nobody in their right mind would trust QVC to deliver on Christmas Eve. I read that some people have received two lots and have been told to keep the extra one which is great but not so good for the people who haven't got their order.

I cannot understand why anyone would order food from Q at Christmas or any other time. These days you can get very good quality food at most Supermarkets or better still at local butchers or farm shops and much better value for money.

even the more expensive supermarkets waitrose and marks offer better value and good quality. after the dreadful pies i wont touch the meat

Or you could make your own quite simply, tastily and cheaply with pastry from the supermarket.

I like to see meat before buying it. I've just bought a lovely piece of Outdoor Bred gammon from my local Sainsbury's. The assistant on the butchery counter got several pieces out of the fridge for me to choose from and was very helpful with cooking advice. QVC must surely now have a re-think to stop disappointing their customers year after year with their Christmas meat deliveries?

Did anyone try their seven-bird roast? It's no longer on the website; don't know if it sold out, or was withdrawn. It was just under £200.00, if I remember correctly. I nearly choked on my Bolly.

Green Seasons Drama Yet Again

I have never been tempted to buy anything from them, tbh the meat never seem cooked enough for me. I never envy the presenters that have to be seen to be eating it.

That's awful. I received my order a week early, which was very nearly inconvenient as I was just about to go on holiday, but at least it's in my freezer. No way would I rely on anything to be delivered on Christmas Eve, from QVC or not. I've always been happy with Green Seasons but they should not have taken all those orders if they didn't think they could get them out on time. No one's going to risk beans on toast for Christmas dinner.

CC

Surely people who buy this overpriced, over-marketed food from slick strangers on the television have only themselves to blame when said food unsurprisingly doesn't turn up? Why don't they try supporting their local butcher, maybe even get to know him and benefit from his advice and experience? It seems such an odd world, where people would buy food for arguably one of the most important meals of the year off some geezer on the telly who they've never even met!

I have had two of the large meat hampers not turn up plus the trimmings meat pack sent by Parcel Force so someone is enjoying my Christmas lunch for nothing The annoying thin I have been charged for these items and promised they would be delivered after they got onto Green Seasons I asked when they would be delivered as these were ordered on advance order in October, I was told before Christmas (not holding my breath on that one) as have been fobbed off with various excuses as bad weather wait 7-10 days I am being sent a letter out to sign for non delivery (bet there isn't a prepaid envelope) have complained about that before and had my account credited with £1. I have had these Turkey packs for 3 years and they have been ok but after the fiasco this year will buy locally next year. I have been a customer of QVC for 20 years but fear they are getting too big and losing touch with some of their personal touches. I have also complained about some of the packaging saying fragile items should have a big red and white sticker on the box as 3 times an item came through smashed so had to give up on that but notice that they still do not mark the boxes fragile

We don`t have a small local butcher but we have at least 6 supermarkets nearby. Asda, Tesco, Sainsbury, Morrisons, Aldi and Lidl. Each and every one of them sells meat worthy for a Christmas meal and just like those paying EP`s for meat parcels from Q, I buy my Christmas meat in installments, not all at once so I spread the cost. I started buying it 3 weeks ago and now have my meat for Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year`s day.
I can`t see any possible reason for buying unseen meat and risking non delivery. I like to poke it, see the colour, size, cost per kg and Country of origin such as Ireland, NZ, Aberdeen etc and a turkey crown, a large piece of Irish beef, a large joint of pork loin, bacon, sausages and a large gammon joint probably cost me far less than the smallest of Green Seasons meat hampers. No doubt next year equally as many people will be let down by QVC and Green Seasons but I can`t help thinking that some people just never learn. Next year it could be YOU !

Surely people who buy this overpriced, over-marketed food from slick strangers on the television have only themselves to blame when said food unsurprisingly doesn't turn up?

That's a bit mean.

People bought something based on the information given - the only people to blame are the supplier (for lack of stock) and the retailer (for lack of oversight).

That's a bit mean.

People bought something based on the information given - the only people to blame are the supplier (for lack of stock) and the retailer (for lack of oversight).

That's a bit ironic from you, who's usually so keen to promote personal responsibility and personal choice. I would have thought you of all people would be in agreement that the information regarding this supplier's performance (or lack thereof) is well known from this forum or elsewhere, so you've only got yourself to blame when the supplier lets you down. Or is it just to be awkward, as per?

Last edited:
Surely people who buy this overpriced, over-marketed food from slick strangers on the television have only themselves to blame when said food unsurprisingly doesn't turn up? Why don't they try supporting their local butcher, maybe even get to know him and benefit from his advice and experience? It seems such an odd world, where people would buy food for arguably one of the most important meals of the year off some geezer on the telly who they've never even met!

I bought off my local butcher, it wasn't cheap and it wasn't even nice.

CC

Latest posts

Back