Green Season Meat withdrawn

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

deanos

Registered Shopper
Seems to be kicking off on Facebook about the meat being withdrawn, cant seem to find any more info

Anyone know anything more ?

Yes, before Xmas a number of people on Facebook asking why their hamper was from Russell Hume and not Green Seasons? Someone said they are Green Seasons.

So much for the happy cows and pigs, they raise themselves and the amazing quality.

when i saw their rather expensive sausages were 60% meat i know their meat would be rubbish. and look at who they supply hardly the ritz butlins, care homes , tiger tiger and schools all wanting cheap meat qvc hopefully will distance themselves. but this company will more than likely shut up shop and re establish themselves as another company.

Russell Hume have called themselves different names over the years for QVC "Green Seasons" being just one, different name, same old poop.

Holy Crap!!! Go down the QVC posts and get the link to a complaint on Twitter from two years ago. A woman found a dead fly frozen in with her hamper turkey!!!!

One rather sad woman is trying to defend QVC by posting repeatedly give QVC time to respond. Quite a few seem to have hamper food still in their freezers, the news papers are telling people to throw out any of the said meat.

Holy Crap!!! Go down the QVC posts and get the link to a complaint on Twitter from two years ago. A woman found a dead fly frozen in with her hamper turkey!!!!

One rather sad woman is trying to defend QVC by posting repeatedly give QVC time to respond. Quite a few seem to have hamper food still in their freezers, the news papers are telling people to throw out any of the said meat.

they should parcel up the meat and send it to qvc wow..

Meat supplier Donald Russell (excellent in my experience) sold a few items on QVC a while ago (to raise their profile I suppose). I hope folk don't mistake them for Russell Hume.
QVC won't comment on facebook, for fear of opening the floodgates to refund demands. They must be making a huge amount of money to keep flogging rebranded Xmas meat after so many PR nightmares.

There is a woman whose husband works for the food hygiene, she says they do not just close factories down it has to be very very very very bad.

My dad was a chief environmental health officer (public health inspector), and I concur there's a long process of warnings and re-inspections before premises are closed.

oh dear not good at all...so when they were selling on qvc they must have had warnings. waiting for the dodgy pies that have tens of orders in a week with 6 members of staff fulfilling orders to be exposed

New post at the top of their page. A woman phoned QVC about this and told food hygiene will be in contact with customers. She said the CS woman was rude.

The same woman keeps defending QVC and going on about a knee-jerk reaction and destroying the chef rep from the company reputation. It is being pointed out he is a director of the company!

I actually posted in the Daily Mail(forgive me), in their article about it, they are mentioning Jamie Oliver and pub chains. So I put that QVC UK the TV shopping channel has been selling Russell Hume under the name Green Seasons. Let's just get the cat out of the bag.

Okay, one woman phoned CS and refused to be fobbed off. She was polite and said she wanted a refund for her hamper. QVC is giving one she is telling people to do the same. So phone up and do not let them put you off by saying the hygiene people will be in contact. Firmly they them you want a refund as the meat is unfit.

Some are asking would it be safe to feed to pets rather than throw it out?

I notice the Q response is that They are urgently working on a solution... Rather than offering refunds to anyone who bought this meat.

Personally I have never liked Pat Butcher ( which I thought was his real name!) or Chef Michael. Poor presenters IMHO.

I have had to use my tablet as I can't sign in on the ipad, the boxes are covered by an ad!

its very bad for qvc i wonder if they will find another supplier for this christmas must be a money spinner those tiny joints of meat and sausages with very little meat cotent

QVC Reply:

Hi all, we were made aware of the inspection on 24 January. The FSA has stated that “there is no indication that people have become ill from eating meat”, however we are urgently working on this situation as the safety of our products is of primary importance to QVC. If you have any concerns about products you have purchased, please contact 0800 51 41 31.

Some have been issued refunds straight away, now it seems QVC have stopped doing this. So it depends how quickly you got in and wanted a refund.

Someone commenting they thought they were getting a high quality meat not what seems to be the real situation.

If this was only discovered this month, exactly how long was it going on from? Also which factory did QVC get their meat hampers from?
Manage

I find it astonishing that anyone was so bloomin gullible as to believe the meat was ethically sourced from 'happy animals'?!?!?

Latest posts

Back