Go on then.... Whose had the WinterTrax out?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just wore mine on trek to post office. All the pavements are like ice rinks. The velcro straps are a great idea- I walked past an elderly lady who had lost one, a different brand with only the bottom bit and no straps to secure. I did not slip once, but my BRAIN thought I would so now have a sore back as I over compensated I think.

Got mine on over my Hunters. Walked down to sort the pigs and cattle out and forgot I had them on so I have now got piggy poo stuck between them. Not a good look

I am glad that the people near the end of the post have put the others straight on these. They are marvellous and I find it rather ignorant that so many of you would not be seen dead in them. I had a friend who fell over on the ice and broke her leg in three places. She has never walked properly since. These trax things are a Godsend and I have worn the likes of them for years having had my first pair from a discount store called Manorgrove. Anything that can prevent accidents is good and should not be scoffed at.

I have the spike ones and they are brilliant, had them on this morning to walk to the shops. People were slipping and sliding and holding onto things while I walked normally along the paths. Who cares what they look like in weather like this, they are life savers and wouldn't be without mine.

Just back from Sainsbury , having put then on for the time. 15 min walk there and back with a couple if small inclines thrown in for good measure.
And all I have to say is..... ****** BRILLIANT.
Pavements etc were very well used with packed ice, inclines had been sledged to a mirror like finish. And not once did I feel like I was going to fall over.
And I don't care if people stared as I took them on and off in the foyer.
:thumbup::D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I love mine outdoors, however on any solid floor, they are lethal. So what am I to do in the shops? Wear them outside, take them off inside then stand in the exit hopping around and struggling to get them back over my shoes again? So brilliant for walking the dog, a bit impractical for the shops.
I wear mine whilst walking in the side streets to get to the shopping centre then as the pavements in the shopping centre are gritted I find a bench and take the off and put them in a plastic bag and then into handbag. Do my shopping then when I'm leaving I find a bench and put them on again.

Yeh, mine are on my thermal boots. I have the spike ones too which I prefer safety wise because I can walk in the supermarket and not have to take them off. Even though I had trax on today I nearly did the split on the way to the bus stop and I did have to take them off in the supermarket because they were slippery but I live the strap so they can fall off.

RJ has just had the Eskimo Agency ceramic soles on, these are the ones I have which are better for high heels - they are brilliant. I had mine on yesterday - without them I was slipping and consequently taking tiny slow steps, with them I walked with confidence. You forget you're wearing them.

I am sure the ones on this morning are good but there is no way you could wear them on all surfaces they would clearly damage any polished surface do not think shop owners would be very amused.

All these things are designed for friction so I take your point, so with that in mind they are no worse than the others and IMO no worse than some stiletto heels especially those metal tipped. But, they are designed to be slipped off in any case and can be very easily, and then put in the little bag. Because they are so slim they slide down the side of your handbag or in your pocket really easily.

I got the Costco ones too. They're heavy duty, with reflective straps and all :cool: , and very efficient. Think they are called Snowtrax and came in a twin pack.

These are the ones I've got PaL, they re ace (and very cheap as I remember)

Wore Wintertrax on an expedition to the Post Office / Newsagent. Normally I have my Daily Mail delivered but the paperboy could not make it through the snow. Morning simply wouldn't be the same without cornflakes, Jan Moir and Kay Burley on Sky News. My newsagent is still run by people of English origin. The other one a bit further down I'm not so keen on. My Daily Mail once smelled of cardamom seeds! Made sure to take my Trax off upon return as didn't want to damage the parquet flooring.

I have the spiked ones and wouldn't be without them in the bad weather. They can clang a bit in the shops but for anyone with mobility problems like me they are a God send.

I have worn mine not with Emu's but.....................................with Uggs!!!! BRILLIANT

My friend had a pair of the stud trackers on her wellies to walk to the shop where we work , but when she reached the shop and went to take her wellies off to put on her work shoes she discovered she had lost one of the stud trackers somewhere between her home to the shop so she turned around and walked back to her home to find the missing one it was on the footpath outside her front gate ,she said because she did'nt know it had come off she walked with confidence to work but when she knew she did'nt have one on her boot she found it really hard going to walk back home mind you it gave us a laugh just to see her face when she realised she had lost one .

Not sure which kind my 75 year old mum has but to quote her "a load of ****** rubbish". I suspect she's still got some kind of anti slip 4" sole snow shoes from the 1950's that do much better and which she still probably uses lol. We get no snow here ever (except 2010) so I have no need.

CC

I wore mine for the first time today have had them since last year! Very impressed. :mysmilie_500:

Wore mine for the first time this year and was very impressed at how good they are in the snow. However, I was amazed today, now that it's frozen over. I always have spare shoes in the office so getting them on and off boots isn't an issue. They are a pain though when you go in shops wearing them - they're fine on vinyl flooring but horrendous on cermanic or granite tiles.

Even my DD has been borrowing my Emu's and WinterTrax. At least in my house these two are proving to be 'the must have accessories' for the in trend lady.

Just about to put them to the test again on my trek into town.

Latest posts

Back