Give it a rest

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just wait until February and there'll be an Ultrasun TSV with Abbi extolling the faux virtues of her overpriced, aluminium-laced Swiss pumps of octocrylene. Summer's round the corner. Ra ra raaaa! Well I'm just going to go to Boots and get some Soltans like I always do!

We holiday in Scotland so no Ultrasun needed for me. Better have a look at the Dennis Basso fur coats instead :mysmilie_19:

CC

I didnt like Ultrasun ,it didnt protect my skinespecially on the face. I don't see how you can use it all day without reapplying.

In the spirit of Christmas on QVC which has obviously morphed into summer on Q, may I give you all an alternative suggestion instead of Ultrasun? I go to India frequently, and have been covering myself with sunscreen since AY was a toddler. I did use Ultrasun for some years in my early Q viewing days, with not very good results. Since then I have used Boots Soltan, but it has to be the Once version, to apply only once a day.

This year I tried a new one, Ladival, which is supposed to have superior protection. It does make your face a bit white, although not as lardy as Ultrasun, because like most sun blocks it probably contains titanium dioxide, a metal. I slapped a layer of Rimmel 25 hour foundation over the top, and looked quite presentable.

Result, it was the best protection I ever used. After two weeks in daily temperatures over 32 degrees, I came back with not a single freckle. It's currently full price, £20, but watch out during the year for half price offers (I paid £10) or some of Boots 3 for 2 deals.

Latest posts

Back