Gifting.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

We have 5 grown up children and they all have partners or spouses and we also have 7 grandchildren so that`s a total of 17 people just in our immediate family. The adults get a small approximate £20 gift of pyjamas, toiletries, books, cd`s etc etc and we spend the most on the grandchildren. Christmas is for the kids and not their parents who regularly tell us not to buy them anything at all and that they`d much rather see their children happy. The only exception is my youngest son who`se 26, lives alone, struggles to pay his rent, keeps his car on the road, is paying back his student loans and his household bills, doesn`t have any children and isn`t yet in a serious relationship. I spend more on him but when the day comes he has a live in partner therefore 2 household incomes and children of his own, he too will only get a token gift.
It must be lovely to live on planet Jill, that`s if it really exists or isn`t just sales spiel and for larger families it`s just pie in the sky.

that advert reminds me of my son years ago when he opened his first playstation haha...

I think people are missing the point about Jill's LG comment. She surely meant to buy it for someone who liked the range or you knew would appreciate it? I don't think she meant to randomly buy it for just anyone! !

Of course she meant someone who would appreciate receiving it. The lollipop lady may love LG, but I wouldn't "gift" it to her. My cousin may adore the range but, we are a huge family, I wouldn't spend £340 on each cousin. btw, unlike a lot of posters on here, I do like Jill, both as a presenter, and I think she would be a great friend. I think she uses the "gifting" suggestion as a sales pitch. The majority of us have the mental capacity, to decide for ourselves how to spend our money so, ultimately, what they say doesn't impact upon my decision to buy or not.

Of course she meant someone who would appreciate receiving it. The lollipop lady may love LG, but I wouldn't "gift" it to her. My cousin may adore the range but, we are a huge family, I wouldn't spend £340 on each cousin. btw, unlike a lot of posters on here, I do like Jill, both as a presenter, and I think she would be a great friend. I think she uses the "gifting" suggestion as a sales pitch. The majority of us have the mental capacity, to decide for ourselves how to spend our money so, ultimately, what they say doesn't impact upon my decision to buy or not.

I like Jill too! She makes me laugh and you're right, I think she would be a very supportive friend. I have bought my mum a LG wallet in the past but she would kill me if I spent any more than that. I am lucky that my family are not showy, or precious, and appreciate a Lindy Bowman box of my cakes/cookies as much as any flashy gift! I buy for the kids, my parents and in laws. My sisters are really grounded and don't want us spending too much on the kids as they have so much anyway.

As for me, I have requested a Mulberry. That's on my "yeah, right" list. On my 'ok order it' list is the GTech tsv!!!!

But am also working on a Kitchenaid for my 10th anniversary. We don't celebrate them usually but I think I have earned this! !!

Duplicate post - Tech issue from trying to type on tablet lying down, with one cat on abdomen and another on thighs!

Jill has just suggested "gifting" a Lulu Guinness bag. Now, I don't know about you lot, but I wouldn't consider spending over £340 on a present.

To be honest, and I know that I'm in the minority, but I wouldn't spend that much on a handbag for myself. But I would spend that much on my son ...... although it wouldn't be on a handbag. :wink:

Jill has just suggested "gifting" a Lulu Guinness bag. Now, I don't know about you lot, but I wouldn't consider spending over £340 on a present.

Sometimes I just cannot believe the absolute twaddle that is spouted on the channel .....lol ...I still watch it though :mysmilie_17:.....

I think people are missing the point about Jill's LG comment. She surely meant to buy it for someone who liked the range or you knew would appreciate it? I don't think she meant to randomly buy it for just anyone! !

Yeah I kniw Minxykitten ..I just wanted an excuse for a whinge lol :mysmilie_17:....

Latest posts

Back