Get me! Review quoted on A'kin product... = )

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

R

RedT

Guest Shopper
I am watching a recording of the beauty programme from yesterday (I think) with Catherine Huntley when she read out some reviews for the A'kin cleanser. I thought one of them sounded like something I'd say so I looked up the product and yep, t'was me.

Form an orderly queue for autographs ladies...LOL! :1:

Tx

It's quite exciting in a sad way isn't it! I was really pleased when they read out my review of the microplane footfile!

It's quite exciting in a sad way isn't it! I was really pleased when they read out my review of the microplane footfile!

haha! yep!

I did notice though that Catherine mentioned that you can return anything you like to QVC and 'we won't put a little black mark against your name or anything'!! I thought this was interesting given the number of people who've had letter recently complaining about the number of returns they've made.

She also said that reviews that are 'overly narky' won't be posted but as long as you use constructive criticism then it will go up! Talk about a get out clause!!

Well done!! I love, love, LOVE the A'kin cleanser - it's my favourite. Can't wait to try the Hydro Mist thingy as well - but am going to buy for Mypure as I don't want the expensive kit they were selling it in!

Have you used the shampoo/conditioner Red T? Am thinking of trying that too but wondered what it was like.

i like the rose cleanser and rose spritz and the rosehip oil but i was thinking of trying the new cellular renewal. has anybody tried this? what was it like and is it any different to the rosehip oil.

I'll have to watch that more closely, it'd be neat to have your review read

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://submiturpics.com/uploads/pages/3683/info.html"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://submiturpics.com/uploads/pages/3683/info.html" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

Well done!! I love, love, LOVE the A'kin cleanser - it's my favourite. Can't wait to try the Hydro Mist thingy as well - but am going to buy for Mypure as I don't want the expensive kit they were selling it in!

Have you used the shampoo/conditioner Red T? Am thinking of trying that too but wondered what it was like.

I totally love the cleanser too, much better than Cleanse & Polish and it lasts way longer, C&P was getting too expensive! One bottle of A'kin lasts me about two months if not longer.

I buy mine from MyPure too or a health food shop in Bromley with is even handier, no P&P!

Haven't used any of the body products yet but am dying to try them. They're a bit expensive at £7ish for a shampoo though but I suppose if they last as long as the other products it probably works out the same.

Tx

i like the rose cleanser and rose spritz and the rosehip oil but i was thinking of trying the new cellular renewal. has anybody tried this? what was it like and is it any different to the rosehip oil.

I've tried it - in fact I am using it at the moment! It's the colour and has the same smell as the Rosehip oil, but is runnier if that makes sense. I prefer it - seems to sink in much quicker. Have only just started using it again (i bought it when the originally launched it, used it for while, then swapped back to something else) and my skin is looking much clearer/brighter with it. Not sure if it has any anti-aging properties though (Catherine mentioned it had the other day) - haven't used it for long enough.

I totally love the cleanser too, much better than Cleanse & Polish and it lasts way longer, C&P was getting too expensive! One bottle of A'kin lasts me about two months if not longer.

I buy mine from MyPure too or a health food shop in Bromley with is even handier, no P&P!

Haven't used any of the body products yet but am dying to try them. They're a bit expensive at £7ish for a shampoo though but I suppose if they last as long as the other products it probably works out the same.

Tx

I can't use C&P - face breakouts in red lumps!

I get mine from Mypure too - they're great!

I use the showergels - they are amazing! I buy them in the 3 pack (the scented version). The bottles last for ages as a little goes a very long way (I've got tempremental body skin and it's never reacted to these).

Wasn't a fan of the body lotion - smelt v. nice but when I applied it, it left a white hue which took a lot of rubbing to get rid of (bit like sunblock). It moisturised my skin fine, but I prefer a product that doesn't take forever to vanish when I'm trying to get ready in the AM!

I've tried the night version of the eye cream - was nice and light and left eyes feeling moisturised. Lasted for ages.

Hand cream smelt lovely but I'm not sure I would buy it again. hands didn't feel as soft as I would have liked.

I see they have launched a baby range now. Wonder if they will ever do a sunscreen?

I just got the A'Kin handwashes yesterday from MyPure - on QVC they're £10 + £3.95 p&p. On MyPure they're £6.49 each but with free delivery, so works out cheaper. Anyway, the Tea Tree and Eucalyptus one is very nice, you get a really lovely foam from it - it is slightly drying, but your hands feel very clean after usage.

I'm also using their YlangYlang Colour Care Shampoo and Wheat Protein Conditioner at the moment which are superb. Got them in the half litre sizes from my local Tesco NutriCentre.

My other favourites from the range are the JoJo and Corn Face Scrub, which is beautiful - foams up when you massage it in, and really makes the skin feel clean and glowing, and their Rose De Mai face cream which is perfect for my Combo skin. Also their Sweet Orange Blossom Lip Balm is scrummy too! I really want to give the rosehip oil a go next.

I just got the A'Kin handwashes yesterday from MyPure - on QVC they're £10 + £3.95 p&p. On MyPure they're £6.49 each but with free delivery, so works out cheaper. Anyway, the Tea Tree and Eucalyptus one is very nice, you get a really lovely foam from it - it is slightly drying, but your hands feel very clean after usage.

I'm also using their YlangYlang Colour Care Shampoo and Wheat Protein Conditioner at the moment which are superb. Got them in the half litre sizes from my local Tesco NutriCentre.

My other favourites from the range are the JoJo and Corn Face Scrub, which is beautiful - foams up when you massage it in, and really makes the skin feel clean and glowing, and their Rose De Mai face cream which is perfect for my Combo skin. Also their Sweet Orange Blossom Lip Balm is scrummy too! I really want to give the rosehip oil a go next.

Ooh, what's a Tesco Nurticentre? I'd like to try the lipbalm, sounds yummy!

Ooh, what's a Tesco Nurticentre? I'd like to try the lipbalm, sounds yummy!

Hiya - some branches of Tesco now have these in store, they're like a health food shop, sell everything - organic food and drink, supplements and organic heanlth and beauty items. They're online too http://www.nutricentre.com/ . Worth a look. I get my JASON handwashes from there too.

The A'Kin lip balm is scrummy I must say, and one of the nicest ones I've tried in terms of moisturisation.

Oh yes - forgot I'd got the hand washes too. I got them as a free gift earlier in the year (1 free per order) ... am using the Tea tree one at the moment and it is lovely! Would definitely purchase them. Forgot I'd used the lip balm too - v. nice.

Am using the Rose De Mai (day) and the Lavender & Rose (night - i think that's what it is) moisturisers at the moment. They are very nice. I found the Rose & Shea one to be too rich/heavy for me, even though my skin can be dry in place in the winter.

I think I will try the hair care next!

The hair care is great, I must say - however, I wasn't too thrilled with either the leave in conditioner or the treatment masque as they both seemed to make my hair a bit lank, but the shampoos and ordinary conditioners are lovely. You might find at first that your hair goes on a bit of a detox with them, and feels a bit weird at first, but persevere because they are very good, and you need to use very little.

I'm using both moisturisers at the moment too, and getting good results from them. I had a sample of the moisturising gel they do which wasn't quite conditioning enough for my skin, and also had a sample of the Rose and Shea, but gave that to my mother to try.

Thanks I will bear that in mind re: the shampoos etc. Off to Mypure to get some :)

Do you use the Rosehip Oil or the Radiance Serum as well as the moisturisers?

I haven't yet tried the rosehip oil or the other serum, they're something I want to try as soon as I can afford them. Have you? Or can you recommend it?

I haven't yet tried the rosehip oil or the other serum, they're something I want to try as soon as I can afford them. Have you? Or can you recommend it?

yes I've tried both - am using the Cellular Radiance at the moment. I think I prefer this one out of the two as it is lighter in texture (runnier really). That's not to say I didn't like the regular rosehip oil but at times I found it a little heavy for me (trick seems to be to spray/mist face first so oil sinks in easier). I like the Trilogy Rosehip oil as well - I think that may have a lighter texture than the A'kin one (can't remember properly as it was a while ago that I used it) - it's certainly a lighter colour! Only problem I had with the Trilogy one was mine started smelling a bit fishy towards the end - not sure why as there is no fish in it!!

Anyway, skin definitely looks plump/radiant when you use the oil and the moisturiser together. You can even use the oil under your eyes without any problems (well, I certainly haven't had any problems!).

Latest posts

Back