General ridiculousness thread

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't he ramble on? He was 'looking around last November'..............for what? Are we still on about clothes?

He's just said 'good evening' to somebody scrolling

He needs one of their great watches

Dreadful Momma, when he said that earlier about Pago Pago the next product wasn't even Pago Pago!

No danger about the watch though, he has a big solid gold one so he's not so soft eh?

Dreadful Momma, when he said that earlier about Pago Pago the next product wasn't even Pago Pago!

No danger about the watch though, he has a big solid gold one so he's not so soft eh?

You sure it's not plated Wirral?

I've been googling 'Fink' but all that comes up is a footballer or songwriter :mysmilie_506:

He's on about Michael Fink now, he's met him and he's charming. I wonder if that was before or after that phonecall?

You sure it's not plated Wirral?

I've been googling 'Fink' but all that comes up is a footballer or songwriter :mysmilie_506:

He just said he first came across Michael Fink 10 years ago and gave it a load of spiel.

Last edited:
Same as Liana

There was a bigger model on the other day, I'm not very good with accents but she sounded Australian, he said she was 16 to 18, which makes her the same as 'Sar..' (why he can't manage to say Sarah, I don't know) but she was a lot bigger than her

Yet again not one product is available to order online on his Monday show, ripoff.

he said that the sandals 'elongate the foot, making them look smaller'...... i cant work that one out

he said that the sandals 'elongate the foot, making them look smaller'...... i cant work that one out

Ha Ha, I thought I heard him say that too!

He said they had a cork heel, me thinks it was cork look plastic!

He said ladies stop him in the street asking about fashion lol

I'd stop him in the street but it wouldn't be for that

He talks utter garbage

Without Portelli to keep him in check his imagination does tend to get the better of him. And boy does he have a good imagination.

Now the fashion has finished for a bit the Halogen Oven is available to order online, I wonder why the clothes never seem to be?

Last edited:
He's really annoying me with this sizing of models thing.
He says Jenny is a UK 14 - 16 but when another presenter asked her what size the shrug was that she was modelling she said she was a 12
The other evening he said Sarah was a UK 16 - 18 (and Helen said 'yeah she is') but when she was modelling jeans with Sally she said she takes a size 12
It's absolutely disgusting to mislead viewers in that way
The larger model is Sabine and she is much more realistically a size 16
As for the assistants, I wouldn't say they were larger than a size 10 except for Lucinda who is possibly a 12
It makes me cross that he can't even be honest about something like this.............it doesn't make for a presenter that can be trusted!

Peter Sherlock just said without a hint of irony that L'Aimant was Coty's answer to Chanel No.5, then with the next item he really annoyed me by saying 'go to Laurelle's website and compare their price to ours'.

Peter, how stupid do you think we are? Please don't insult our intelligence.

Last edited:
Peter Sherlock just said without a hint of irony that L'Aimant was Coty's answer to Chanel No.5
It's probably true that Coty produced L'Aimant in response to Chanel No.5. (It may also be in the same 'class' of fragrance but I wouldn't know about such things. Best ask an expert.)

, then with the next item he really annoyed me by saying 'go to Laurelle's website and compare their price to ours'.

Peter, how stupid do you think we are? Please don't insult our intelligence.
Well there's not much you can actually say about Laurelle, is there :wink:

It's probably true that Coty produced L'Aimant in response to Chanel No.5. (It may also be in the same 'class' of fragrance but I wouldn't know about such things. Best ask an expert.)

Well there's not much you can actually say about Laurelle, is there :wink:

I think it's fair to say that Coty L'Aimant dosen't aim for the same market as Chanel No.5 (their EDP is about ten times the price of Coty) but maybe when it was invented it was high end.

Fair play to Peter though, he does at least now mention that Laurelle is a company from Essex (as revealed on this very forum) and he dosen't suggest it has the heritage that one or two other presenters (guess who?) have previously suggested.

That's about all he has revealed about them though.

Last edited:
Simon Davies is encouraging viewers to use Google to find out more about Bid's Towels, which is admirable. But maybe it's not such a good idea encouraging people to Google anything about Bid today :grin:

But on a serious note I think Simon hasn't quite grasped the seriousness of what has happened today. He is selling a 'Moscow Time' watch and said 'normally, normally, I would be looking at over £100 and if we came anywhere near £100 I would be going doolally but I know were going to do a deal'.

I have never seen a Moscow Time watch sell for more than £40, indeed none on their own website cost more than £40.

Last edited:
Simon Davies is encouraging viewers to use Google to find out more about Bid's Towels, which is admirable. But maybe it's not such a good idea encouraging people to Google anything about Bid today :grin:

But on a serious note I think Simon hasn't quite grasped the seriousness of what has happened today. He is selling a 'Moscow Time' watch and said 'normally, normally, I would be looking at over £100 and if we came anywhere near £100 I would be going doolally but I know were going to do a deal'.

I have never seen a Moscow Time watch sell for more than £40, indeed none on their own website cost more than £40.

oh dear, he really hasn't got it has he? bless him!!

I've never noticed before the deep breath thing Simon Davies does after each sentence. Gets really annoying after a while, doesn't it? :grin:

I've never noticed before the deep breath thing Simon Davies does after each sentence. Gets really annoying after a while, doesn't it? :grin:

Yes he does do that Pola, he sounds like he's going to hyperventilate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back