General ridiculousness thread

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
he is very sly

he has made countless claims about the prices of watches of late

but he has a nice warm smile

i suspected that advert paid a nice figure to keep him sweet anyway for a good while

This is a first for me. Sophie on PD just reminded viewers who might have 'free credit' on their accounts that if they wish to redeem it you need to speak to CS, she even said 'I like to be honest with you'.

Nice touch, a bit late in the day perhaps but a nice touch all the same.

This is a first for me. Sophie on PD just reminded viewers who might have 'free credit' on their accounts that if they wish to redeem it you need to speak to CS, she even said 'I like to be honest with you'.

Nice touch, a bit late in the day perhaps but a nice touch all the same.

she also thanked andy hodgson for recently sending her a message of congratulations on something in her personal life

she is a good presenter but has not always been that clear with the other charges until recently

she also thanked andy hodgson for recently sending her a message of congratulations on something in her personal life

she is a good presenter but has not always been that clear with the other charges until recently

Indeed NTB, in fact she also said Andy is one of the bosses didn't she?

Did you hear Sophie when selling the star bracelet say 'you could send this to someone who is really honest'', it's was almost like she was making a point.

She's fine compliance wise, certainly not one of the baddies. I genuinely feel sorry for Sophie and the other decent presenters.

Last edited:
Offering a rug now on direct delivery. Within 7-14 days. Still £7.99 delivery. You serious? Amazon do next morning for that price. In London same day. Ridiculous.

Is anyone watching the middle aged fitness guy with the Vibration Plate? He was looking at the camera while Mike was speaking and appeared to start rubbing his upper thigh and arse then pulled this incredibly strange face. I assume it was to emphasise the power of the kit but jeez he looked odd, it was like the two guys on The Fast Show that said 'suit you sir'.

Is anyone watching the middle aged fitness guy with the Vibration Plate? He was looking at the camera while Mike was speaking and appeared to start rubbing his upper thigh and arse then pulled this incredibly strange face. I assume it was to emphasise the power of the kit but jeez he looked odd, it was like the two guys on The Fast Show that said 'suit you sir'.

Mikey thought the guy looked incredible for 52. If he was 72 I'd have been impressed.

You've only got ten years left to look like him Mikey, why not get your own vibration plate instead of your four times a week at the gym?

Jenny Topp did make me laugh earlier. Modelling a pair of 'Sally Jacks' jeans she commented 'they erm.. you have really got it right here'. :giggle:

James Russell has the Philip Mercier Radio Controlled Watch tonight.

Would it be too much to expect it to tell UK time?

I am tempted to be topical and Tweeting bid saying:

Why is bid TV, ASA, Radio 4 and 2 trending *innocent face*

;-)

PJ

Presenter on Price-drop TV a moment ago (not Mark Ryes as advertised; he's a middle-aged man with white hair - Simon Davies?) selling a white-faced Smith & Jones watch, talked about the brand by mentioning "Alias Smith and Jones and Alas Smith and Jones" :mysmilie_15::mysmilie_19:

However, I wasn't paying attention at the time but the interesting part was that the sale abruptly stopped at a certain point due to some 'gremlins', with the presenter saying that the sale had been cancelled. Did the price go too low for them? :wink:

Oh, and both the presenter and Rezzy said that they didn't know which items would be included in a non-stop drop, which predictably means all of them because they kept showing the non-stop drop graphics every 5 minutes even when the presenter wasn't sure what was happening :wink:

In my opinion they do seem to have more gremlins than any other shopping channels. However i'm sure it's nothing more sinister than employing a bunch of cheaply hired, ill trained, inexperienced staff though :wink:

Presenter on Price-drop TV a moment ago (not Mark Ryes as advertised; he's a middle-aged man with white hair - Simon Davies?) selling a white-faced Smith & Jones watch, talked about the brand by mentioning "Alias Smith and Jones and Alas Smith and Jones" :mysmilie_15::mysmilie_19:

However, I wasn't paying attention at the time but the interesting part was that the sale abruptly stopped at a certain point due to some 'gremlins', with the presenter saying that the sale had been cancelled. Did the price go too low for them? :wink:

Oh, and both the presenter and Rezzy said that they didn't know which items would be included in a non-stop drop, which predictably means all of them because they kept showing the non-stop drop graphics every 5 minutes even when the presenter wasn't sure what was happening :wink:
I was watching that.
The price went down to £4.99 and the quantity still kept going down but the price stayed the same for about a minute or more.
I would say that the producer suddenly realised that they had put the price too low and then took the item off screen and declared the item void to save their bacon.
That is absolutely wrong and totally out of order if it was the case because non-stop drops are as they always say - "the price continues to go down until the quantity is sold or it goes to a pound then we get a clock in"

I see we are now being offered a choice of colours for the Microwave Egg Cookers.

Marvellous.

Something i've not seen before when Sally was selling a 6 pack of body essentials she said you have to be confirmed by midnight or they won't be yours anymore

Something i've not seen before when Sally was selling a 6 pack of body essentials she said you have to be confirmed by midnight or they won't be yours anymore

OK that's it, I'm rushing out to find a vicar and get confirmed tonight because I really need more body essentials shapewear, I've only got 30 sets in my drawers so I clearly need more!
P.S. I haven't really got 30 sets!

Andy just had this on as a 20pk but the website says 20 in the title and 10 in the description

20PK Strawberry Finesse
Starting Price : £ 17.00
Current Price : £ 12.99

Key features

Finesse is an Ever-bearer which means it produces its deliciously sweet, smooth textured fruits over a longer period than most varieties of strawberry - from June until August. The sweet-heart shaped fruits are beautifully glossy and irresistibly sweet & juicy when you bite into them. The fruit has the perfect sweet, tangy flavour & has very few seeds.

Ever Bearing Strawberry Finesse plants x 10
No. of items : 10

I'm guessing this is just another error on the website and it should say 20

16:52: Back on again and Andy says its 20

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back