General ridiculousness thread

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree Wirral, it's like they're run out of ideas now. The clipboard used to mean a genuine sale in the good old days but now it's overdone. The vouchers are next to useless and the novelty has well worn off.

They haven't hidden anything in a box for a while, maybe they ought to do that again :rolleyes:.......or have I missed it? :smirk:

For the life of me Momma I cannot work out what they are thinking with the 30 minute introduction to McDonalds show, do you think it's a status thing a la Dirty Peter and his interminable monologues as Steve is the 'star' of Price Drop?

They got pulled by the ASA over 'What's In The Box' didn't they? Maybe they are giving it a rest hoping we will forget what a total swizz it is!

On JR's jewellery avalanche last night he was giving away a £15 voucher :sleepy: if you bought 3 items of jewellery. I'd have been hard pressed to choose one, let alone three.

You can only use the voucher against jewellery or watches.

For the life of me Momma I cannot work out what they are thinking with the 30 minute introduction to McDonalds show, do you think it's a status thing a la Dirty Peter and his interminable monologues as Steve is the 'star' of Price Drop?

They got pulled by the ASA over 'What's In The Box' didn't they? Maybe they are giving it a rest hoping we will forget what a total swizz it is!

Maybe.........I'm just glad Dirty Pete doesn't get half an hour :eek:

What the heck is this "higher or lower" rubbish on Price Drop? What is the point? *heavy sigh*

It reminds me of when Alan Partridge was desperately pitching ludicrous new Show ideas to the TV Executive to save his job.

He still lost his job.

Monkey tennis? :giggle:

That's the one Momma :giggle:

Honestly, what crap will they think up next? I wonder what the bosses of the other shopping channels think when they see the goings on at Sit Up, I bet they pee themselves laughing!

I've never seen anything like this before. Ben says it's a bit of fun on a rainy afternoon but it's just wrong, I'm embarrassed for him :blush:

Stop the Brucie take off, please, stop, I wanna get off :bear:

I've never seen anything like this before. Ben says it's a bit of fun on a rainy afternoon but it's just wrong, I'm embarrassed for him :blush:

Stop the Brucie take off, please, stop, I wanna get off :bear:

It's almost as excruciating as a Dirty Peter monologue.

Almost.

OMG!

Another clipboard, another gimmick, another day at PD but with Bruce Forsyth impersonations

Same tat though

If they want to go the whole hog with Bruce Forsyth impersonations I think Mark Stewart could do a good job - he's got the syrup for a start.

Now there's balls in a tub haha. There's 30 balls with a product in each.

There's nothing in the studio but just outside the studio door, which they are making believe is the warehouse.

Now they're doing a new game called Surprise Surprise. McDonald picks a ball and opens it to reveal the next product on sale.

I'm not exactly sure why, it's the same old crap they always sell anyway.

Edit. Snap Momma!

Well I must say i'm rather disappointed with the 'Surprise Surprise' malarkey. The last three products I have seen are:-

Halogen
Weed Killer
Dongle

I don't wish to sound ungrateful but what exactly is the surprise? Is it that McDonald is wearing a shirt that has actually been ironed?

Well I must say i'm rather disappointed with the 'Surprise Surprise' malarkey. The last three products I have seen are:-

Halogen
Weed Killer
Dongle

I don't wish to sound ungrateful but what exactly is the surprise? Is it that McDonald is wearing a shirt that has actually been ironed?

firstly the ideas are pretty rubbish

however if you were producing for price drop and had the same old items you have had for the last 6 months that have not sold very well using a "standard" method you would be pretty desperate

firstly the ideas are pretty rubbish

however if you were producing for price drop and had the same old items you have had for the last 6 months that have not sold very well using a "standard" method you would be pretty desperate

Well we've had Play Your Cards Right and now Surprise Surprise, I wonder what programme they will imitate next?

New Tricks? One Born Every Minute?

Surely not Rogue Traders?

Well we've had Play Your Cards Right and now Surprise Surprise, I wonder what programme they will imitate next?

New Tricks? One Born Every Minute?

Surely not Rogue Traders?

no idea

i praise you for watching more than 5 minutes of mcdonald he is awful and has been since i started watching looks a man who would rather be doing anything else to me

saying that the other night when flicking the mobile they were using had 523 new text messages so they have plenty of viewers if not buyers

Some slightly (unintentionally) funny dialogue now - brought in assistant Gemma into the studio where Steve preceded to make fun of her dress ("looks like something your nan might wear") before she replied that they were just sold on Bid! Cue embarrassed laughter from Steve and loud laughter from the crew behind! The excuse was "my nan is fashionable so that's a complement" :giggle:

Some slightly (unintentionally) funny dialogue now - brought in assistant Gemma into the studio where Steve preceded to make fun of her dress ("looks like something your nan might wear") before she replied that they were just sold on Bid! Cue embarrassed laughter from Steve and loud laughter from the crew behind! The excuse was "my nan is fashionable so that's a complement" :giggle:

tbf the dress looked ok on gemma because most things do but it did make her look at least 75

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back