General ridiculousness thread

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike linking Lorus to its parent company. That's like saying a Smart Car is as good as a Daimler because they are their parent company.

PJ

Mike linking Lorus to its parent company. That's like saying a Smart Car is as good as a Daimler because they are their parent company.

PJ

Indeed PJ, much like they call Pulsar 'Seiko Pulsar'.

Personally i'm not aware of anyone else doing that.

To be fair, the movements used in Pulsar watches are the same as that used in the cheaper Seikos - they are much higher quality than any of the Oskar Emils and the Klaus Kobecs, some of which they charge more for.

does anyone else lose interest when they start to "educate " us, No Sh@t Sherlock is one of the worst for it with his tales and "knowledge" of Celine, Liz Taylor and other icons of his when flogging their perfumes?

does anyone else lose interest when they start to "educate " us, No Sh@t Sherlock is one of the worst for it with his tales and "knowledge" of Celine, Liz Taylor and other icons of his when flogging their perfumes?

Yes! They're all very patronisng at times - wth the exception of Andy Hodgson who is never patronising!

Oh get lost mike mason on #Bidtv with your crappy fragrance's.He is becoming boring with the same old rubbish.
John scott is far more entertaining than mike mason.

Sally is selling JPD. After absolutely categorically stating this is the last chance to get 'Pride of Rome' today she says 'this of course is made in UAE that is of course Dubai where they make everything bigger and better, in my eyes it's full of money, it's full of rich people'. Gone are the days of Macy's and Debenhams, as far as Sit Up is concerned JPD is now all about Dubai being expensive.

But then Sally said 'in the words of Mike Mason what three things do men need for that night out? You need to look good, you need to smell good and you need to have a really good smile'.

That's Mike knackered then, innit?

(i'll be recording Mike's show to ensure that the DOTD does not appear again although I think it might not as he has his tablet special tonight).

Last edited:
Sally is selling JPD. After absolutely categorically stating this is the last chance to get 'Pride of Rome' today she says 'this of course is made in UAE that is of course Dubai where they make everything bigger and better, in my eyes it's full of money, it's full of rich people'. Gone are the days of Macy's and Debenhams, as far as Sit Up is concerned JPD is now all about Dubai being expensive.

But then Sally said 'in the words of Mike Mason what three things do men need for that night out? You need to look good, you need to smell good and you need to have a really good smile'.

That's Mike knackered then, innit?

(i'll be recording Mike's show to ensure that the DOTD does not appear again although I think it might not as he has his tablet special tonight).

i thought i was being harsh on sally

but i saw her selling that awful cheap looking diamond collection watch for 4.99 earlier

she had 100 left with 15 seconds left

she shouted "why dont you want a diamond watch for 4.99?"

suddenly she sold about 15 in 15 seconds, ok there are always some late buyers but this was pressure selling at its very worse and something sally is bad infact almost the worst at.

the fact the watch has one small diamond is obviously another factual error in the sell.

Paul Levers had the same watch on price drop about an hour ago, he sold it for 3.99 (barely a difference) said numerous times this watch has one very small diamond and explained the watch fairly (as well as the total price something sally muttered once) he sold about 75 which considering he almost certainly has a much smaller audience was some going.

Him and Andy are constantly showing that some humour along with a lot of honesty goes a long way and can work in terms of sales.

i thought i was being harsh on sally

but i saw her selling that awful cheap looking diamond collection watch for 4.99 earlier

she had 100 left with 15 seconds left

she shouted "why dont you want a diamond watch for 4.99?"

suddenly she sold about 15 in 15 seconds, ok there are always some late buyers but this was pressure selling at its very worse and something sally is bad infact almost the worst at.

the fact the watch has one small diamond is obviously another factual error in the sell.

Paul Levers had the same watch on price drop about an hour ago, he sold it for 3.99 (barely a difference) said numerous times this watch has one very small diamond and explained the watch fairly (as well as the total price something sally muttered once) he sold about 75 which considering he almost certainly has a much smaller audience was some going.

Him and Andy are constantly showing that some humour along with a lot of honesty goes a long way and can work in terms of sales.

I don't think you were harsh on Sally at all NTB. I've noticed that she gives it the really hard sell and sometimes it's quite uncomfortable to listen to.
It was a different product than you described and it was a few weeks ago but I heard her shrieking 'why don't you want this' 'what's the matter with you'?
I think that's appalling behaviour, I don't like her pushy, high pressure sales techniques.

Jean Paul DuPont from bid and price tv is not a real fragrance.
It is a made up fragance.

Price drop are just behaving badly just because they want to go home, go home and then be sacked.
The whole lot of them are just pathetic price drop being run by 5 year olds.time to get rid of Justin hazel.

How true. How true... mind you he's everyone's best friend isn't he? And such a genuine person.

Mason was selling that remote control, colour changing bulb. He rather revoltingly said it could be useful for children who are scared of the dark but added his son loves the dark and often says 'daddy, turn the light out'

Smart kid.

Last edited:
The presenting skills of Lisa Brash are questionable. In my opinion I have no idea how she managed to get a job on telly. If Sit Up go under, she has no chance of getting a job on another shopping channel.

I don't tend too watch Lisa's shows for too long but she can certainly laugh at herself. She once passed comment about to being called Dockyard Doris on here but she said it in good humour.

Did anyone notice that Bod wore a different suit on Monday, and very smart he looked too. You'll be pleased to know his usual grey one reappeared from Tuesday onwards though, I suspect it will now remain in situ until the next Bank Holiday.

I don't tend too watch Lisa's shows for too long but she can certainly laugh at herself. She once passed comment about to being called Dockyard Doris on here but she said it in good humour.

Did anyone notice that Bod wore a different suit on Monday, and very smart he looked too. You'll be pleased to know his usual grey one reappeared from Tuesday onwards though, I suspect it will now remain in situ until the next Bank Holiday.

I missed it, wasn't one of the Thomas Brookes ones was it that was 'coming up'?

Lol, Dockyard Doris is certainly a nickname that suits Lisa! Although everytime she comes on telly i call her foghorn loeghorn :p

I missed it, wasn't one of the Thomas Brookes ones was it that was 'coming up'?

I guess it could have been Momma, nevertheless normal service was resumed on Tuesday and quite right too. Bod never used to change outfits as far as I can recall.

Chris Birkett has a 'Pick of The Week' at 5pm and guess what? it's a stand mixer. Let's hope he's more successful this time :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back