General ridiculousness thread

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perma-Smile Angela says having this Polyresin, LED Lit Water Feature in your garden is like having your own mini Trevi Fountain.

View attachment 9125 View attachment 9126

She's right, I can't tell the difference.
She also said it's ideal 'if you know someone who is housebound'.
She's learning to get right down in the gutter with Peter Simon and use every pseudo-emotional device to extract money from the gullible,the elderly and the vulnerable.

She also said it's ideal 'if you know someone who is housebound'.
She's learning to get right down in the gutter with Peter Simon and use every pseudo-emotional device to extract money from the gullible,the elderly and the vulnerable.

Despite the permanent false smile I guess she's a Sit Up saleswoman, nothing more or less. However, she was looking increasingly uncomfortable towards the end of her stint with Dirty Peter as he touched and kissed her, which is totally understandable.

I almost felt sorry for her.

Credit where it's due.. I've enjoyed James tonight! Quite fun. light-hearted.

He showed a photo of his new baby. Very cute!

I missed James last night, it's great to know he's back in his normal shift.

I did consider tuning into Justin Hazell's late show but there was no need as I picked up some pure Lavender Oil on Saturday, I nodded off quite easily.

Guys, it's looking like the venerable Jean Paul DuPont is back with a vengeance. Various new products have been on sale today.

I'm thinking that the Debenhams deal didn't quite go to plan, leaving Sit Up with a chance to make a last minute bid to snatch a new contract?

Guys, it's looking like the venerable Jean Paul DuPont is back with a vengeance. Various new products have been on sale today.

I'm thinking that the Debenhams deal didn't quite go to plan, leaving Sit Up with a chance to make a last minute bid to snatch a new contract?

And here was me thinking that was a sure bet, ah well, you can't win em all. Sometimes you can't win any :wink:

And here was me thinking that was a sure bet, ah well, you can't win em all. Sometimes you can't win any :wink:

Well Momma, Mike Mason did go to great pains to stress that it was only a rumour, and that he didn't know if it was fact or not.

It seems he was quite right to add a disclaimer to his story and I thank him for his candour :wink:

Well Momma, Mike Mason did go to great pains to stress that it was only a rumour, and that he didn't know if it was fact or not.

It seems he was quite right to add a disclaimer to his story and I thank him for his candour :wink:

Yes, it was very honest/thoughtful/giving of him, as usual.

I would suggest to Mikeyboy that he says nothing in future till the deal is actually done.

At least I can stop my trips to Debenhams now :giggle:

Yes, it was very honest/thoughtful/giving of him, as usual.

I would suggest to Mikeyboy that he says nothing in future till the deal is actually done.

At least I can stop my trips to Debenhams now :giggle:

Indeed.

Hey Momma, have you heard when (Not Dirty) Peter is selling JPD he always stresses that it's made in Dubai, and that it isn't a cheap place?

Do you think he's suggesting there's a load of rich Arab Sheikhs stuck in some factory making it? You see, I have read many articles suggesting that there are a lot of foreign workers there who are treated like utter dirt.

I guess we'll never really know who makes it though.

Last edited:
Indeed.

Hey Momma, have you heard when (Not Dirty) Peter is selling JPD he always stresses that it's made in Dubai, and that it isn't a cheap place?

Do you think he's suggesting there's a load of rich Arab Sheikhs stuck in some factory making it? You see, I have read many articles suggesting that there are a lot of foreign workers there who are treated like utter dirt.

I guess we'll never really know who makes it though.

I think it might be easier to get past security in Buckinham Palace than find that out Wirral.

Their FB page says they're only available in UAE / India / USA

I think it might be easier to get past security in Buckinham Palace than find that out Wirral.

Their FB page says they're only available in UAE / India / USA

Put it this way Momma, I could of course be wrong but I personally doubt it will be made by Dubai Nationals.

Last edited:
Mike seems bored to death tonight. It really is a case of 'same ****, different day'.

Anyone know who this bloke is presenting now? Is he the Fingermouse man? Haven't seen him on Bid before.

Anyone know who this bloke is presenting now? Is he the Fingermouse man? Haven't seen him on Bid before.

Simon Davies was on earlier, he's ok.

Not sure if he is the fingermouse man but he is 'Sir Geoff' on the Enterprise Car Rental adverts.

He was a bus driver in Playdays and presented Play School

I didn't know that Momma, he seems a decent enough chap.

He has said he was a single parent although it was nice to see he got married again.

I didn't know that Momma, he seems a decent enough chap.

He has said he was a single parent although it was nice to see he got married again.

amazing how perceptions are different on a person

he has just said

"you have seen this dongle for 40, 50 or even 60 pounds recently"

sorry it has not been that price ever let alone recently

cant have one rule for one if any other presenter had said that quite rightly they would be jumped on

he has a nice friendly face but make no mistake he is well aware of what he is doing

Last edited:
amazing how perceptions are different on a person

he has just said

"you have seen this dongle for 40, 50 or even 60 pounds recently"

sorry it has not been that price ever let alone recently

cant have one rule for one if any other presenter had said that quite rightly they would be jumped on

he has a nice friendly face but make no mistake he is well aware of what he is doing

If that is definitely the case you might like to consider contacting the ASA, that would probably come under the category of exaggerating the true value of an item.

Personally I have never heard him say anything like that, hence my perception of him.

he then stated you have seen this for

34, 44 and 54 of late

no we have not

asa is not an option for me the toothless regulator have banned me from submitting

he then stated you have seen this for

34, 44 and 54 of late

no we have not

asa is not an option for me the toothless regulator have banned me from submitting[/QUOTE
It used to sell regularly for over £30 but I would personally say 'of late' is a stretch.

I wonder if 'of late' has a unambiguous definition, knowing that lot it probably hasn't hence it's use!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back