General ridiculousness thread

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it the case that when they put the first price up (the highly inflated price) and keep dropping it down, web bidders may come in early, which gives them the right to say it's sold at that higher price? Even though the price didn't stay there and dropped, people may have bought at that stage of 'the game'.

That's how I think they would get round it.

The old TV dongle (same but prolectrix not ocean) used to sell for £59.99 + P&P when it first started, so not recently but is has sold for £60 before.

Yes, it was very honest/thoughtful/giving of him, as usual.

I would suggest to Mikeyboy that he says nothing in future till the deal is actually done.

At least I can stop my trips to Debenhams now :giggle:

After what we were discussing yesterday there was coincidentally an insert in our local paper today for the 'Debenhams Summer Spectacular'.

Now, there are loads of fragrances on offer. I can see some JPG but alas there's no sign of JPD.

Shame.

I was watching The Apprentice last night and they had to sell a mixed container lot of goods consisting of water, cat litter etc. and this.....

lucky cat.jpg lucky cat

It reminded me of these channels and probably is only a matter of time......

After what we were discussing yesterday there was coincidentally an insert in our local paper today for the 'Debenhams Summer Spectacular'.

Now, there are loads of fragrances on offer. I can see some JPG but alas there's no sign of JPD.

Shame.

Don't give up hope, maybe one day talks will resume :smirk:

I keep wondering where they fell down

Don't give up hope, maybe one day talks will resume :smirk:

I keep wondering where they fell down

I don't know if this is fact or not but I heard the problem was exclusivity Momma. Selfridges and John Lewis probably objected on monopoly grounds.

It's understandable.

I was watching The Apprentice last night and they had to sell a mixed container lot of goods consisting of water, cat litter etc. and this.....

View attachment 9127 lucky cat

Can you imagine Peter Simon selling the cat: "Not only is it gold; the richer of the golds; not only the purveyor of good fortune, comfort and joy; not only the warmth of a loving household; not only hope and optimism, for cat lovers everywhere. Truly delicious. 0904 251 2000. Just buy. Good luck if you get this!"

:grin:

Last edited:

View attachment 9127 lucky cat

Momma, don't you remember the Lucky Elephants?

Sadly they're out of stock right now.

Lucky.jpg

The lucky elephant charm originated in India from Buddhist and Hindu philosophies over 2,000 years ago. Believed to empower you with love, longevity, wealth and happiness. These set of 4 mini lucky elephants will look magnificent on a mantelpiece or display cabinet. Each elephant has colourful gemstones on the covers across their body. Perfect as a gift or to treat yourself

Last edited:
Mr James just made me laugh again. He's coming to the end of another good shift for him and said it's important he finishes on time for Mark Ryes as he gets cranky if he's late, then he called him Jimmy Krankie!

I think he has just earned himself a new name, nice one James :grin:

rat.jpg rat2.jpg

Mr Wiggy Stewart is selling a Diamond Ring.

He says £1109.99 'for half a carat of graded diamonds isn't a bad price'. Indeed he goes on to add 'if you were to go onto the High Street and were looking for half a carat of graded diamonds set in white gold, could you get them for that price?'. Of course he didn't actually confirm what the actual grade was, weight of gold etc. In fact, quite astonishingly, he said 'when you get it you will find out exactly the grading of the colour and the clarity', utterly breathtaking. He even said the ring was made of 21 diamonds but the website clearly stated 27.

The final price was £503.99 and maybe unsurprisingly He sold NONE.

Mr Wiggy Stewart is selling a Diamond Ring.

He says £1109.99 'for half a carat of graded diamonds isn't a bad price'. Indeed he goes on to add 'if you were to go onto the High Street and were looking for half a carat of graded diamonds set in white gold, could you get them for that price?'. Of course he didn't actually confirm what the actual grade was, weight of gold etc. In fact, quite astonishingly, he said 'when you get it you will find out exactly the grading of the colour and the clarity', utterly breathtaking. He even said the ring was made of 21 diamonds but the website clearly stated 27.

The final price was £503.99 and maybe unsurprisingly He sold NONE.

Ha ha........good!

old schemer simon was at it again first thing

apparantley the disco laurelle fragrance was critically acclaimed and you will not see it anywhere else for this price

funny that tj hughes regularly had it for £5.99

Has anyone noticed that on a Monday afternoon products rarely if ever seem to be available to buy online in the 'Live TV' section, meaning you have to call?

And the lines are locked again right now but Portelli says 'don't call or you'll be charged but you can get in online'. Actually you can't!

Last edited:
Message displayed on-screen not so long ago on Price-drop: "PRICED TO CLEAR LIVE ... ALL PRODUCTS HAVE BEEN PRE-PRICED, READY FOR YOU TO CHOOSE YOUR BARGAIN!"

Well if something's pre-priced then it obviously means that they've chosen the price beforehand and all this non-stop drop nonsense is just that. A nice touch of honesty for a change :giggle:

I watched some of this 'pre-priced' effort with Steve McD. He ripped a label up and the price dropped to a quid or a penny. The 'pre-price' said £4.99 but I'd seen these earrings go before and never at that price. They're always a quid/penny.

The phonelines were locked on every item I watched. Then the thirty second clock counts down, the phone lines open, then the other bliddy clock starts and STILL half the tat was left unsold.

It's boring and silly. All the labels should have + £9.52 underneath too.

I watched some of this 'pre-priced' effort with Steve McD. He ripped a label up and the price dropped to a quid or a penny. The 'pre-price' said £4.99 but I'd seen these earrings go before and never at that price. They're always a quid/penny.

The phonelines were locked on every item I watched. Then the thirty second clock counts down, the phone lines open, then the other bliddy clock starts and STILL half the tat was left unsold.

It's boring and silly. All the labels should have + £9.52 underneath too.

It strikes me as yet another last ditch, desperate effort to improve sales.

But Sit Up need to be aware that Steve McDonald just dosen't have what it takes to carry a full half hour of a live programme before the items actually go on sale, even James Russell would probably struggle to fill 30 minutes of dead airtime. Lord knows what the thinking is behind it, it's not as if they are having a big lead up before sellng iPads or Rolex Watches at bargain prices.

It's really, really boring. The constant references to his clipboard over and over and over again are about as dull as the 'Yolisa is lazy' gag. I never though i'd say this but watching Justin Hazell is becoming preferable to McDonald.

Last edited:
It strikes me as yet another last ditch, desperate effort to improve sales.

But Sit Up need to be aware that Steve McDonald just dosen't have what it takes to carry a full half hour of a live programme before the items actually go on sale, even James Russell would probably struggle to fill 30 minutes of dead airtime. Lord knows what the thinking is behind it, it's not as if they are having a big lead up before sellng iPads or Rolex Watches at bargain prices.

It's really, really boring. The constant references to his clipboard over and over and over again are about as dull as the 'Yolisa is lazy' gag.

Agree Wirral, it's like they're run out of ideas now. The clipboard used to mean a genuine sale in the good old days but now it's overdone. The vouchers are next to useless and the novelty has well worn off.

They haven't hidden anything in a box for a while, maybe they ought to do that again :rolleyes:.......or have I missed it? :smirk:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back