Gemporia - struggling financially?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

You're right. Steve is rarely on these days. His involvement appears minimal. The Sarah Bennett collections have also stopped.

If you look at Steve's history, he seems to have had a lot of businesses that he's started - but then sold or seemingly lost interest in. It gives the impression that he gers bored quickly and moves on to something new.

Primal Living seems to be latest he's stepped back from - and he now has another new company.
What is the new company?

After three days of 11 pm to 7 am re-runs can we all agree this change can only be a desperation cost cutting exercise. As a very long term viewer I can't ever remember this long of a gap in the 24/7 broadcast. As I am not going to watch Ellis twice in one day, I turned to TJC which certainly appeared to be live and they actually had a early morning guest on along with Rob. Can't ever remember seeing a guest on early morning Gemporia.

Obviously this is speculation but we know none of the various Gemporia companies filed their annual full accounts which normally is done in October. We know a new business was formed last December that appears to be the new parent company. We know this new company unlike the old holding company has only two listed directors a C Wagstaffe and D Williams, no Bennett's. We know a loan was taken out from Santander that lists basically the entire company as collateral.

Based on the above I believe these two directors have bought out the Bennett's and without their deep pockets are now struggling for cash flow which is the fastest business killer. To generate more cash they have probably run down the inventory so there is not enough stock to run 24/7. That would explain the near constant loop of the same items. If this is even close to accurate the next six months will make or break Gemporia.
If they need stock, they could try asking Adina, I'm pretty sure she has purchased at least 3 of each item for herself over the past 2 years, because she couldn't miss the once in a lifetime opportunity.

In all seriousness, it has been sad to watch the changes over the past 2 weeks, I can't help but feel bad for all the staff who have been affected. It must be hard for those left as there seems so much uncertainty.

I noticed the watch live banner is no longer on the home page and you now access from the toolbar at the top of the page. This could be another sign confirming the point raised about stock levels as this website change does not draw people to the shows and does not make sense if they want customers.

Exactly how I feel.

It also seems to take longer to get through to customer services on the phone - particularly at night.

I had waited up to 20 minutes to actually get through to someone at times (to the point where I know what tune is coming next on the hold music loop).

Until a couple of years ago, I don't recall having to wait to speak to anyone.
I have to wonder if the presenters were not the only people paid off. It would account for the lengthy wait for refunds and the fact the call centre seems to be overloaded now most of the time.

What is the new company?
Waiting to hear but do you think the best staff left to go with him?

If they need stock, they could try asking Adina, I'm pretty sure she has purchased at least 3 of each item for herself over the past 2 years, because she couldn't miss the once in a lifetime opportunity.

In all seriousness, it has been sad to watch the changes over the past 2 weeks, I can't help but feel bad for all the staff who have been affected. It must be hard for those left as there seems so much uncertainty.

I noticed the watch live banner is no longer on the home page and you now access from the toolbar at the top of the page. This could be another sign confirming the point raised about stock levels as this website change does not draw people to the shows and does not make sense if they want customers.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha

Steve has a lot of companies

Yeah he's shareholder in lots - but he seems to have periods of really pushing one and staying out of the limelight of the others.

For the past 4 years or so, he was really pushing Primal - but now the focus has switched to his latest venture.

Health results.com
It really isn't new, it used to be called Health Reset that has just been rebranded and expanded a bit. If you type in healthreset.co.uk it will direct you to this new website. The course isn't new either, its just got a new name, its the same videos (plus a couple of very small extra bits)

I have just looked at his new company all about health and On line coaching! Angelina is going to be coaching about the menopause while Steve is coaching about metabolism..........
I just saw Angeline doing the menopause coaching! Is she not going to be on the main channel anymore do we think? I'm wondering if they are going to do a relaunch and move everyone around. I do hope they bring back the night shows though, Jim was like a duck out of water last night, I felt really sorry for him fumbling with bags on Gem Collector

Apparently the reruns are not only during the night. I am watching what was supposed to be Angeline's show. She did one hour and left, leaving us with a rerun of a show with Jake and Hattie. What's going on?????

So Angeline has gone home after one hour to be replaced by even more prerecorded stuff at 12pm. Probably be no more by 5pm at this rate.

Apparently Vicki Carrol is coming on at 1pm. I have only seen her covering once in the last couple of years. Maybe Angeline is off to a meeting to discuss her future? If so, she did a good job keeping the smile on her face. I think I will hold off buying anything until I know more.

For a company that frequently reminds us of their integrity and openness, they haven’t said much about the recent changes. It does look very much like a sinking ship.

I did wonder why she had disappeared when I switched back on later...Angelina was in a very happy place when I saw her early on...what on earth is going on? This is no way to treat customers. I think I may of placed my last order with Gemporia this morning don't like the attitude of it all now.

It looks like they are pushing the high ticket items. One way of bringing money in quickly. I’m just on my way to return a couple of items. I wonder how long I’ll have to wait for the refund?

I am really confused by the radical changes in presenters, scheduling and focus on very high end items. The discounts across all shows seem very significant too. I bought a lovely Idar Morganite ring with over 3 grams of gold for a very good price. Steve was in just on announcing he is back but he really did not look very happy.

Latest posts

Back