Gemporia still sinking

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Wasn't paying much attention to a non stop drop on a chain till they showed some adverts while it was in operation. Bit of a con surely, thought it was non stop, not start, a few adverts and carry on?
You mean Gemporia's "non-stop drops" where the price falls at a regular amount and speed until it gets closer to the price Gemporia wants to flog it at? At which point the drops slow down and the price decreases get smaller.

Wasn't paying much attention to a non stop drop on a chain till they showed some adverts while it was in operation. Bit of a con surely, thought it was non stop, not start, a few adverts and carry on?
They have really stooped very low now. This is nothing like the Gemporia of old it's so blatant with its hard sell and poor quality goods. I find it hard to watch after a few minutes in fact I find it offensive. No idea how it's been allowed to continue in this format.

You mean Gemporia's "non-stop drops" where the price falls at a regular amount and speed until it gets closer to the price Gemporia wants to flog it at? At which point the drops slow down and the price decreases get smaller.
That's the one!

That's the one 😁 as if it wasn't transparent enough, they now interrupt it with ads

They have really stooped very low now. This is nothing like the Gemporia of old it's so blatant with its hard sell and poor quality goods. I find it hard to watch after a few minutes in fact I find it offensive. No idea how it's been allowed to continue in this format.
They get away with it because the ASA is as much use as a chocolate teapot.

They get away with it because the ASA is as much use as a chocolate teapot

The ASA credibility needs to be questioned. The Manwithnoname alleged that he taken action and had some results with it.
NOTHING happened as a result.

Hats off for Themanwithnoname, thank you so much for fighting for us.

Themanwithnoname has told us to wait after posting rather interesting posts insinuating that we need to “watch and wait” for things to come…

I have waited… nothing happened 😂😂😂….mmmm

I wholeheartedly agree, Rubia. It's an absolute disgrace.

I think we are making a mistake to think of this channel as the channel we’ve shopped with for years. Really it’s a completely new entity with just the same name. It’s becoming obvious that from now on the vast majority if not all their offerings will be stuff from China that can be bought on many other sites for a fraction of the price. Jake and Troth run it now and although Steve’s name may be there somewhere he’s gone. I think that Cavill and Co ranges are not bought by them but just showing there as in things on Amazon. A shop window for them. What They are buying now is cheap tat which they hope to sell for HUGE markups because they have a customer base from the good times. Remains to be seen how long this will last.

Sorry if I have missed this, but has Charlie Barron actually explained why he is no longer working with Gemporia?
I watched his show last night and he said simply that his Company can’t buy pearls to sell at the prices Gemporia customers can afford. Again there have been environmental issues and the Chinese market is buying everything at phenomenal prices. The pearls he had on last night were sold as a favour to Jake. There are no shows scheduled for 2024, but possibly they will try and do something in 2025.

I watched his show last night and he said simply that his Company can’t buy pearls to sell at the prices Gemporia customers can afford. Again there have been environmental issues and the Chinese market is buying everything at phenomenal prices. The pearls he had on last night were sold as a favour to Jake. There are no shows scheduled for 2024, but possibly they will try and do something in 2025.
Thank you! That possibly is doing a lot of heavy lifting.

They’ve been saying that same thing about the Chinese Market for donkeys years now.About everything.
Will be interesting to see how long Gemporia can continue to trot that line out. The Chinese economy has been threatening to stall for some time now. And if it does, the Chinese will cut back on buying luxury goods

Wonder did anyone see the Gemporia review on trust pilot where a customer bought what was sold as type A jadeite and when she had it appraised was told it was type B.
IMG_0158.png

Latest posts

Back