Gatineau TSV 7/3/10

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Received a postcard for the tsv today - the 5-Piece Essential Skincare Collection.

This sophisticated skincare collection containing both full and special sizes of your key essential skincare products has been created exclusively for you as a 60 day auto-delivery programme.

Be the first to try the UK exclusive launch of our Age Benefit Integral Regenerating Day and Night Cream. The revolutionary ingredients in our latest anti-ageing phenomena visibly act on all 4 markers of skin ageing - wrinkles, loss of firmness, dehydration and pigmentary irregularities.

Another treat in this TSV is a full size Melatogenine Futur Plus Anti-wrinkle Eye Concentrate.

:mysmilie_698:

This sounds like a similar thing to the auto delivery TSV they did last year. That had 30ml of face cream ("special sizes" is making me think 30ml of the big sizes again) and 30ml each of the mask and gommage. I'm so bored of gommage and anti-wrinkle mask! I want to try something new. Wonder what the other full size product is? Hopefully not floracil, I have enough stock piled to open my own salon.

Be the first to try the UK exclusive launch of our Age Benefit Integral Regenerating Day and Night Cream. The revolutionary ingredients in our latest anti-ageing phenomena visibly act on all 4 markers of skin ageing - wrinkles, loss of firmness, dehydration and pigmentary irregularities.:mysmilie_698:

Is it just me who's wondering why Gatineau are releasing a fabby new cream that's toing to debunk all their other ranges?

What really put me off Gatineau was that when I went to Germany, last year this time, I forgot to bring my moisturizer, went to a local pharmacy/drugstore and bought one, and it smelled exactly the same as the one I was using from gatineau. Even had the same texture. Coincident? It really had put me off though as the price of the other one was 1/4 of the price of the Gatineau.
It was a L'Oreal one I remember.

they should just have one range for anti-ageing rather than one for sagginess one for skin tone etc maybe that is what they are thinking with this new cream cover the main ageing concerns in one product much easier for simpletons like me lol who get confused easily

Anyone found any pics of this TSV yet? If it's no good I need to prepare myself for the disappointment now...

What really put me off Gatineau was that when I went to Germany, last year this time, I forgot to bring my moisturizer, went to a local pharmacy/drugstore and bought one, and it smelled exactly the same as the one I was using from gatineau. Even had the same texture. Coincident? It really had put me off though as the price of the other one was 1/4 of the price of the Gatineau.
It was a L'Oreal one I remember.

I'm sure Andrew said before that L'Oreal was part of Gatineau.

Is it just me who's wondering why Gatineau are releasing a fabby new cream that's toing to debunk all their other ranges?

No its not just you thinking that. If Melatogenine and Defilift are so fab why do we need this new super-cream.

Personally I have never really been tempted by Gatineau. I'm not keen on ranges with pseudo-scientific sounding ingredients - melatogenine complex! What is that exactly - just tell me the ingredients. Howver, that being said I recently received a 15ml size of Clinique Youth Surge SPF15 moisturiser - which if you read all the blurb about it is complete mumbo jumbo sciency sounding suff - and I actually really like it. Ticks all the boxes as far as texture, no smell, SPF - but not sure I wil buy the full size because I'm not too keen on products with ingredients lists the length of the telephone directory.

L'Oreal own Gatineau.

I have noticed that Gatineau always do seem to bring out a better product that the one they had last year on a regular basis. This is the greatest since sliced bread but a few months later its no this one is better, oh and more expensive of course.

Don't use L'Oreal myself but it wins awards for many of its anti aging creams etc and gets raves from beauty blogs too.

As far as I am aware L'oreal do not own Gatineau. Gatineau formulations stay with Gatineau and they don't make for anyone else, sell on their formulations, or make a weaker formulation or make products under another name for any other brand. The only collaboration/partnership I know of that Gatineau had was when Revlon helped out Gatineau financially, but Revlon still have no ownership over Gatineau it was just a money lending/loan agreement. Revlon also helped out with the Defi - Lift foundation providing Gatineau with the make-up/cosmetic ingreidients, which was one of the first partnerships around then, now you have Olay doing something similar with Max-Factor and people predict that you will start to see a lot more partnerships, or inter-brand collaborations in the future.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%27Or%C3%A9al

The above link is for L'oreal and gives you at the bottom of the page who L'oreal own the infomation is as reliable as it's going to get concidering it's Wikipedia.

As for the layering, professionaly speaking (I am a male beauty therapist ), I would put your serum on first, then your oil then your cream. The confusing part is that many brands do steps in a different order, like Decleor you would use your oil first then prolagene then your day/night cream, you can also layer prolagene under any of the Decleor balms but let the prolagene sink in first or it will roll off, but Liz Earle use the cream first followed by the oil because Liz's oil is much richer. With Gatineau if anyone has the serums from Gatineau, you would use them first because some of them have a xanthum gum base which would roll off if you put a Decelor oil on first, not a good look I can tell you, from personal useage you end up using more product. Hope that helps.

P.S. Sorry for the long reply for my first post

As far as I am aware L'oreal do not own Gatineau. Gatineau formulations stay with Gatineau and they don't make for anyone else, sell on their formulations, or make a weaker formulation or make products under another name for any other brand. The only collaboration/partnership I know of that Gatineau had was when Revlon helped out Gatineau financially, but Revlon still have no ownership over Gatineau it was just a money lending/loan agreement. Revlon also helped out with the Defi - Lift foundation providing Gatineau with the make-up/cosmetic ingreidients, which was one of the first partnerships around then, now you have Olay doing something similar with Max-Factor and people predict that you will start to see a lot more partnerships, or inter-brand collaborations in the future.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L'Oréal

The above link is for L'oreal and gives you at the bottom of the page who L'oreal own the infomation is as reliable as it's going to get concidering it's Wikipedia.

As for the layering, professionaly speaking (I am a male beauty therapist ), I would put your serum on first, then your oil then your cream. The confusing part is that many brands do steps in a different order, like Decleor you would use your oil first then prolagene then your day/night cream, you can also layer prolagene under any of the Decleor balms but let the prolagene sink in first or it will roll off, but Liz Earle use the cream first followed by the oil because Liz's oil is much richer. With Gatineau if anyone has the serums from Gatineau, you would use them first because some of them have a xanthum gum base which would roll off if you put a Decelor oil on first, not a good look I can tell you, from personal useage you end up using more product. Hope that helps.

P.S. Sorry for the long reply for my first post

Wow thanks Smiley that's very useful. Welcome to ST :)

:mysmilie_348: Welcome from me too. Sounds like you will be a mine of useful info to all us beauty junkies.

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and tips on the sticky issue of layering. I think I'm coming down on the side of following one brand and then switching to another rather than trying to do too much. But no harm in a bit of trial and error and if the skin is happy then that's the main thing. There are no miracles after all.

Following thorough cleansing & toning ... serums (which have the lighest density) are always the first to go onto the naked skin, followed by any oils or moisturisers you wish to then follow with - and thats a fact .... doing it anyother way just means you're wasting your serum I'm afraid.

Gatineau 5 Piece Essential Skincare Collection
Today's Special Value Price £42.48
QVC Price £51.00
Item Number 229508
Availability In stock
UK P&P £4.45

Get younger-looking skin with this Gatineau set. You'll get two full-sized bestsellers: Melatogenine Anti Wrinkle Eye Concentrate (15ml) for fine lines around the eyes, and Firming Throat Gel (50ml) to instantly firm skin. Added to this is best-selling Melatogenine Futur PLUS Advanced Anti-ageing Day & Night Cream (15ml) and Floracil Eye Make-up Remover (150ml). Finally you'll get new Age Benefit Integral Regenerating Day & Night Cream (15ml) which works on all signs of ageing. This item is available on Auto Delivery. Please call 0800 50 40 30 to order.

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.229508

Contains:

* Full-sized Melatogenine Anti Wrinkle Eye Concentrate (15ml) Full-sized Firming Throat Gel (50ml)
* Best-selling Melatogenine Futur PLUS Advanced Anti-ageing Day & Night Cream (15ml)
* Age Benefit Integral Regenerating Day & Night Cream (15ml)
* Floracil Eye Make-up Remover (150ml)

Application tips

* Melatogenine Anti Wrinkle Eye Concentrate: apply delicately to the skin around the eyes morning and night.
* Melatogenine Futur PLUS Advanced Anti-ageing Day & Night Cream: apply morning and night to thoroughly cleansed face and neck.
* Floracil Eye Make-up Remover: apply onto cotton pads and gently remove eye products.
* Age Benefit Integral Regenerating Day & Night Cream: apply morning and/or evening after your serum to the face and neck, avoiding the eye area. This is great for all signs of ageing, including pigmentation.

Latest posts

Back