Gatineau TSV 16/11/08

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I watched the launch of this - and had to turn it off as I was so fed up by AY's hyping of it and the stuff about it not being available anywhere else until next year.

I wondered does anyone really care that its not out elsewhere - or buy it just because of that - its all marketing hype!

Reading this thread made me realise some people do!

And no I didn't fall for it - can't use Gatineau as I react to it.

I also do not buy it for the 'marking hype' - I buy it because I love the results I get on my skin. Have tried loads of others and I do not get the same results. Obviously not all products suit everyone that is why there are sooo many out there!!

I also think that at £45 for 4 full sized products + a small one is very good value (approx £10 for a face cream is not expensive) - I bought some boots lifting mask the other day and that was £11.99 - and is crap so not only does it not work but I am stuck with it as I don't think Boots would be pleased with me returning a used product whereas with qvc I could have returned it even if I had used 90% or more.

I also tried that Boots protect and perfect stuff that was hyped up as great and it just brought me out in spots - oh well another £16.99 or whatever down the drain as I could not return it.

I do think that individual products on qvc can be expensive but tsvs are very good value if you like the products.
:r2:

I've ordered 2 TSVs, both for myself (she says selfishly :21:) and went for the easy pay option. Some Gatineau products I've found a little rich for my skin, because it doesn't always 'soak in' but it's probably because I've used too much of it. :33:

I do use it in conjunction with other products at times too, but Gatineau is the basis to my 'regime.'

My TSV is showing as shipped already :11:

Havent had my confirmation email about my order yet :33:

Mine is showing as shipped already too and I had a confirmation at 1.52 this morning. I think the email confirmation and despatchs are a bit hit and miss as I don't get them for all my orders.

Lets keep our fingers crossed for quick delivery this time not the usual 10 days or so!!!!

:SCREAM:

I've gone for this TSV.......the reviews of gatineau from here and the website along with the easypay have persuaded me to give it a go.As someone else has already said,4 full size products for a little over a tenner is a reasonable price to pay.

I hope that it's as good as others say:1:

Have ordered mine too just couldn't resist the EP option. Just hope to goodness now that the package arrives after what happened with the L'Occitane TSV last month.

Said to myself I would never order Gatineau again as I tried the Melatogenine Future Plus cream from the TSV last year (never been opened) and I had a breakout on my chin which I'm sure was to do with using that cream so I hope that this TSV isn't as rich. Still I could always send it back if that does happen.

Haven't watched any of the shows as cannot stand AY's whining voice but am wondering just how many have been sold so far today.

Yet another over hyped and over priced skin care set. I don't know how they get away with the claims they make about anti ageing etc. Nothing stops or holds back the ageing process and nothing 'improves' wrinkles they are a fact of life and some people develop them earlier than others it's all down to your genes. You might as well buy a cheap jar of Super Drug vitamin E cream it will save you a fortune and do the same job.

Why are so many people coming to this thread and complaining about not being ardent fans of Gatineau?!? :33:

If you don't like the brand, then who cares? simply don't comment here with your whining... make a separate thread about it if it bothers you so much, because honestly, it WORKS for us and we LIKE it.

Your negative remarks about the brand or about how "gullible" we are for believing Andrew's "marketing hype" won't discourage us from the tsv! :20:

I don't much like decleor, so why should I go out of my way to insult decleor fans in a decleor tsv thread. . . follow my logic? :33:

Let us enjoy our Gatineau day and quit raining on our parade! :10:

Why are so many people coming to this thread and complaining about not being ardent fans of Gatineau?!? :33:

If you don't like the brand, then who cares? simply don't comment here with your whining... make a separate thread about it if it bothers you so much, because honestly, it WORKS for us and we LIKE it.

Your negative remarks about the brand or about how "gullible" we are for believing Andrew's "marketing hype" won't discourage us from the tsv! :20:

I don't much like decleor, so why should I go out of my way to insult decleor fans in a decleor tsv thread. . . follow my logic? :33:

Do you think that these people work for Decleor or Elemis or something???

I don't think we are gullible - if it works for us then surely we are the ones that are better off. I wouldnt buy it if it didnt however much hype they did.

If it didnt work at all then surely they would all be returned and qvc would not sell it anymore.....

Maybe they are jealous because they are sooo old and wrinkly nothing short of a facelift would work!!

:bigkiss:

Decided to go for it - was the EP that swung it, plus the fact that I haven't had to endure Gobby Young this afternoon so was actually able to watch the demos.

I am tempted, as I have only used the gommage so far, which is fab. I also used the laser mask which I enjoyed
But...... there is still an Elemis TSV which I really need, I could be tempted in the Laura Geller one, would like to know what the Lola Rose and Honora TSV's are and oh yes, there is still clientele in december...... and I still need to buy all my xmas gifts:ANYWORD:
so I rather not watch next hours presentation

I watched the launch of this - and had to turn it off as I was so fed up by AY's hyping of it and the stuff about it not being available anywhere else until next year.

I wondered does anyone really care that its not out elsewhere - or buy it just because of that - its all marketing hype!

Reading this thread made me realise some people do!

And no I didn't fall for it - can't use Gatineau as I react to it.

I didn't buy it either as I tried it once and my skin reacted to it as well so I sent it back. I'm quite glad really, cos if it'd worked I'd be feeding the hubby beans on toast permanently. :33:

I haven't read the negative comments but the thread is about the TSV so why shouldn't people post their opinions whther they are positive or negative?

I haven't tried Gatineau myself so I cannot comment either way but if I was considering it I would like to read people's comments whether favourable or not and then make my decision.

Ive just watched a few mins of the last presentaion. I see that the use of literally is spreading - Andrew was using - the guest therapist was using. Oh, and of course Ms Young was using it literally.

Negative Comments

I haven't read the negative comments but the thread is about the TSV so why shouldn't people post their opinions whther they are positive or negative?

I haven't tried Gatineau myself so I cannot comment either way but if I was considering it I would like to read people's comments whether favourable or not and then make my decision.

Hello Boris Bear

I am new here and really dont want to tread on toes but I think the negative comments were towards people buying the products rather than negative comments on the products themseves. The poster stated that she hadent fallen for the hype implying that anyone buying had been gullible. I was one of the people who did buy ergo I fell for the hype!!

Its really difficult with the written word, things dont always read how they were meant.

Bet :5:

Last edited:
Hello Boris Bear

I am new here and really dont want to tread on toes but I think the negative comments were towards people buying the products rather than negative comments on the products themseves. The poster stated that she hadent fallen for the hype implying that anyone buying had been gullible. I was one of the people who did buy ergo I fell for the hype!!

Its really difficult with the written word, things dont always read how they were meant.

Bet :5:

Welcome Bet,

Well said - I really don't object to people saying that a particular product is bad as I said before if there was only one good one that suited everyone it would be easy and then there would only be one to buy and there wouldn't be such a choice, but the slagging off of members who might have been 'gullible' to believe the hype is really not on.

:zip:

Latest posts

Back