Gatineau TSV - 09/09/09

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Not wishing to have a go at anyone - but I believe that those of us who purchased were 'had a go at' for buying and believing in the presenters hype.

I agree it is 'horses for courses' and whilst I personally love most of the Gatineau range and it suits my skin, I would not say that Decleor, Elemis etc were rubbish - I am sure that some folks love those brands, they were just not for me - and I have tried them. In fact I used to use the Decleor Cleanser and Toner when they made the lovely 'tea' coloured one - the scent was lovely and only stopped using it when they changed to the pink toner which did nothing for me and doesn't even have a smell.

I also agree that most of the stuff the presenters - and Andrew Bagley (who is the most wrinkled person I have seen!!) say is utter rubbish and take it all with a pinch of salt. I try the products and make a decision myself. If we listened to them we would all be wearing Kim and Co as according to them it is the most 'on trend' fashion!!!

Revlon owning Gatineau just means it acquired the majority shareholding in that company. Richard Branson owns shares in everything from Virgin Airlines to Virgin cosmetics but that doesn't mean they make them all in the same factory. They are separate businesses that happen to be owned by the same holding company. Gatineau make their own products in their own factory and probably have a great deal of autonomy in running their business and will have their own board of directors etc. Revlon simply receive the profits at the end of each financial year.

Bobbi Brown and Prescriptives are part of the same group but personally I think Bobbi Brown's products are much better quality - and in that case they do make them in the same factory!

I'm feeling like I need to stick up for Donna here... yikes... gonna get my head blown off now. I guess it comes down to horses for courses, when people have earned their cash they make their choices and take their chances. I have good skin but then I take the trouble to look after it, at 38 I have the most annoying laughter lines under my eyes (too much of a smiler with an expressive face). I have tried allsorts of blooming potions to help target that specific area and nothing helped. The texture of my skin is good, it's not slack, it's just the one wrinkle that goes from under my eye across the top of my cheek. I hoped as it was only 1 damn wrinkle either side of my face something must work!!!!! It didn't, so after a year of trying everything I could get my hands on I had some botox..... 5 days after the lines had gone, my face still moves, just no wrinkles HURRAY and it was so much cheaper than all the target potions I have bought. I still use a good cleanser, some neroli and a moisturiser that feels like it's moisturing and a mask once a week and I'm a happier bunny. I guess I agree with both sides, but Donna was right, creams can't shift wrinkles and I think it's wrong for any sales pitch to even hint that it does as we only end up disillusioned and disappointed.

Yeah, but none of us are saying we like Gatineau because it 'blitzes the wrinkles of our faces'! You are argueing your points on a strawman, you and Donna. I like Gatineau because it gives my face a dramatically younger look.
Whether you want to believe me is not my concern, I'm the one who lives with these brilliant results. I just find it a taaaad patronising that people want to come onto a Gatineau thread and then knock us down for buying the TSV.

If you expect a skincare brand to get rid of wrinkles then your expectations are too high. By the way, can you point out when during the demos Alison Young and Andrew Bagely ever said that the Melatogenine Futur Plus range can 'shift wrinkles'? :tongue2:

Revlon owning Gatineau just means it acquired the majority shareholding in that company. Richard Branson owns shares in everything from Virgin Airlines to Virgin cosmetics but that doesn't mean they make them all in the same factory. They are separate businesses that happen to be owned by the same holding company. Gatineau make their own products in their own factory and probably have a great deal of autonomy in running their business and will have their own board of directors etc. Revlon simply receive the profits at the end of each financial year.

Bobbi Brown and Prescriptives are part of the same group but personally I think Bobbi Brown's products are much better quality - and in that case they do make them in the same factory!

Some good points. :cool2:

Jeez :D I'm all for cutting down on the spending during such an economic climate but the whole 'don't be a mug, don't buy it' language is becoming rather oppressive !! I have to say that I LOVE Gatineau products and have never been disappointed with any of my purchases. Obviously not all ingredients work for all skin types which is why people prefer other brands and why there's sooooooo many brands available in the market place. However, if that brand and those ingredients don't work for someone then I don't see the need to slate the brand :confused: I've tried cheaper brands and lots of other expensive brands too and luckily we have a 30 day mbg with QVC which allows us to see for ourselves whether a brand has a positive effect on our skin or not. I enjoy other products in other lines such as Liz Earle, Elemis and Decleor too but I wouldn't dream of slating those brands because certain products that I've tried had no effect on my skin.

I think that it's probably illegal for presenters to state that any product 'gets rid of wrinkles' anyway and I usually hear the term 'diminish the look of wrinkles' for example which I think is achievable with skin care, albeit on a short term basis :)

I am absolutely loving the Collagen Force serum right now!

I ordered 228961 Gatineau 3 Piece Melatogenine Force Radiance Collection and can't wait to get it! :angel:

I am absolutely loving the Collagen Force serum right now!

I ordered 228961 Gatineau 3 Piece Melatogenine Force Radiance Collection and can't wait to get it! :angel:

I love that serum too although at the moment I'm using Decleor Ylang Ylang Aromessence. Both work well for me as well as LE superskin concentrate so it will depend on whose I can buy cheapest when I need to replenish.x

The only lifting serums I liked were the Gatineau ones, and also Elemis's Quartz Lift one.

However, Gatineau's lifting serums IMHO are superior because they also make my skin look and feel cushiony. . whereas with the Quartz Lift serum, I could only feel a tautening sensation, no plumpness.

Also, the Quartz serum is like, 95 quid - absolutely MAD price! With Gatineau's serums, I can afford to keep up with the brilliant results and not feel guilty about it! :cash:

Latest posts

Back