Gatineau TSV - 09/09/09

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

People who have been to France have said they looked for Gatineau and can never find it in the department stores or salons. Decleor is really cheap over in France too.

AY is there to sell you the fantasy of the luxury brand. Its all made in the same factories in large vats. The mark up on cosmetics is very very very big.
The I think I look fabulous with this cream really means nothing in proper tests done over months. They take skin samples and electronically measure wrinkles.

I have also noticed that in any blind tests they do in magazines Gatineau is never mentioned. If it were such a big deal then it would be up there. The only time I did see it in a blind trail was in the Daily Mail and it got crap reviews.

^^lol, exactly! I'd pay more than £67 for Gatineau's creams by the way. They should definitely be more expensive than they are, considering how they deliver real results.

I've coughed up more than that on high-street brands touted by celebs that never even lived up to their claims! :tongue2:

People who have been to France have said they looked for Gatineau and can never find it in the department stores or salons. Decleor is really cheap over in France too.

AY is there to sell you the fantasy of the luxury brand. Its all made in the same factories in large vats. The mark up on cosmetics is very very very big.
The I think I look fabulous with this cream really means nothing in proper tests done over months. They take skin samples and electronically measure wrinkles.

I have also noticed that in any blind tests they do in magazines Gatineau is never mentioned. If it were such a big deal then it would be up there. The only time I did see it in a blind trail was in the Daily Mail and it got crap reviews.

Well, sorry to burst your bubble, but my own experience with Gatineau is a rather pleasant one. :heart:

I've never been disappointed with the brand. The only things I didn't get on with were the throat gel and jeunesse eye serum which gave me a reaction.

However, I was hooked ever since Laser came out. People left, right and centre kept complimenting me on my beautiful, luminous complexion. Strangers on buses would ooh and aaah over my 'porcelain perfect' skin, despite personally having suffered years of acne. Laser erased all signs of the scarring and actually made my skin look better than before I even had acne! Gave me back some confidence I can tell you.

Then the Defilift came out. The lifting serum was perhaps the only lifting serum on the market that made a visible difference to my cheekbones and jawline. Other brands serums were far too rich and would break me out!

I use all the major brands on QVC. . Liz Earle, Decleor, Philosophy, Elemis etc. But none have actally made a long-term difference and challenged the biological process of ageing in much the way as Gatineau has. The Superskin face cream only plumps up my skin. . not much else.

Me too x - and along with trying the qvc ones, as you have listed above I have cupboards full of the olay, lloreal, no 7 etc. all bought and tried a few times then abandoned. So you cannot say it is just hype and that it is the same as the cheap ones - well at least not for my skin anyway. The good thing is if you buy the tsv's to try from qvc you usually get a selection of products so can find things that suit or you can return them. The amount of money I have spent in Boots and wasted I would not like to think about!

Also the value you get in tsv's is very good - have you seen the price of some of the face creams etc in Boots - some of the Olay ones are £25+ the items usually work out about a tenner each (or less) in a tsv. And that is not just gatineau but all the beauty tsv's.

Donna 255, for someone who regularly writes on a forum about QVC's beauty products you don't seem to like QVC or their beauty products! If you think QVC presenters are liars and the products are over-priced rubbish just don't watch the channel and don't buy the products.

I doubt that Decleor is 'really cheap' in France with the current euro rate of exchange. Gatineau is sold in Spain in the department store chain El Corte Ingles.

Donna 255, for someone who regularly writes on a forum about QVC's beauty products you don't seem to like QVC or their beauty products! If you think QVC presenters are liars and the products are over-priced rubbish just don't watch the channel and don't buy the products.

You don't seem to spend much time on st.com/qvc. We have a thread here about medical claims for beauty products. Also if the qvc presenters had to wear lie detectors how they would light up with the porkies they tell. I buy elsewhere and so do many on here because they sell cheaper than qvc. Only the tsvs are of value.

No cream will get rid of wrinkles, no brand ever. The only thing is bottox or a face lift.

As for the Decleor it was nothing to do with the euro/pound exchange rate. People on beauty boards on holiday were shocked how much cheaper compared to what we pay for Decleor it cost in France.

Also strange for a French brand how Gatineau is in available so widely outside France but not there.

I was lucky enough to be in Paris last winter and went into Galeries Lafayette with the intention of getting my hands on some Gatineau Throat Gel. Even with a 10% off voucher (my reward for visiting a boring trade fair) it was cheaper to buy it from QVC & pay their exorbitant postage prices:thinking2:

No cream will get rid of wrinkles, no brand ever. The only thing is bottox or a face lift.

So what? Alison Young has ever endorsed any of QVC's skincare brands with the aim to 'get rid of wrinkles.' She has mentioned several times on-air that we are supposed to have lines and facial movement!

I don't think you're giving us any credit and from your posts I gather you think we're either 'naive' or 'stupid' for buying into AY's hard sell. But that's not the case.

Most of us do not buy Gatineau to 'get rid of wrinkles.' However personally speaking for myself, Gatineau offers a very real alternative to cosmetic surgery results, other brands on QVC/L'oreal at Boots, just don't compare for me. Not all of us want to go under the knife. . some of us want to retain a more natural look and want skincare that helps to preserve as much of our tissue/collagen as possible, and for me, Gatineau provides it, so I'll stick with it.

I'm sorry you have had such bad luck with Gatineau. But I can't say the same for myself!

I find it amusing that whenever there's a skincare TSV, the odd person will come onto a thread and tear down consumers for 'buying into AY's hype'.

If you don't like the brand, fine. No-one's forcing you to buy it. Your personal opinions about the brand won't stop us from buying Gatineau if it works for us! Doh. :tongue2:

Me too x - and along with trying the qvc ones, as you have listed above I have cupboards full of the olay, lloreal, no 7 etc. all bought and tried a few times then abandoned. So you cannot say it is just hype and that it is the same as the cheap ones - well at least not for my skin anyway.

I lost about 1 stone last year, and noticed my skin was slackening. So I decided to sort it out by slapping on the Defilift serum. Within one month, my jawline was back to where it was, and my pores looked so much better. People began complimenting me everywhere I went and told me I looked 'ageless.' :cool2:

What more proof do I need that Gatineau makes a difference to my life?

Going under the knife for 'botox' or 'facelift' would've been too drastic for my age, so this is where Gatineau came up trumps providing my skin with a visible lift that is only possible with more invasive methods.

You don't seem to spend much time on st.com/qvc. We have a thread here about medical claims for beauty products. Also if the qvc presenters had to wear lie detectors how they would light up with the porkies they tell. I buy elsewhere and so do many on here because they sell cheaper than qvc. Only the tsvs are of value.

As for the Decleor it was nothing to do with the euro/pound exchange rate. People on beauty boards on holiday were shocked how much cheaper compared to what we pay for Decleor it cost in France.

Also strange for a French brand how Gatineau is in available so widely outside France but not there.

I buy individual products from Decleor/Elemis etc off other websites too as I agree QVC only tend to offer the best value when they put collections together. TSVs invariably offer the best value you can get. But the brands I buy from the other sites are all ones I've discovered through QVC. No cream will permanently remove wrinkles but they can offer a temporary improvement to the skin's appearance (I don't buy anti-aging creams so can't speak from personal experience on how good individual brands are in this area, but I know certain brands and products have made a massive difference to my oily/combination skin). Ultimately, whether you and I buy them off QVC or cheaper offshore websites, we still buy the high-end products because we see a result.

Didn't go for the TSV in the end. Looked in the cupboard and already have a 400ml and 250ml Floracil to use up. It takes me about 8 months to get through 400ml, so time I've finished that another offer/TSV will be round the corner.

I havent ordered it (yet) am thinking the same FA that there will be another TSV from Gatineau with Floracil in it by the time I need another bottle as I have only just started one

^^I use both serums. I use the defilift serum in the AM, and the volumising one in the PM when my skin requires more nourishment.

The difference between the two:

Defilift redefining serum is for you if you're 30+ and your only concern is slackening (due to ageing/weight loss/ pregnancy etc). Also good for people who want to reduce the look of pores, it does this by lifting the complexion so they're not so obvious as before. I swear by it. This is a clear lightweight serum.

Volumising serum is for you if you're 40+ because the texture is much thicker. This serum targets both slackening and loss of facial contours, helping to regain a more plumper profile. This one is very concentrated. I notice it certainly pads out my skin making it feel and look much fuller. A rich serum.

Donna's right, Gatineau is owned by Revlon, along with other brands like Almay, Mitchum and Ultima II. Andrew Bagley has a business supplying salons with beauty products, he's the distributor for Gatineau in the UK, I guess.

I have also found it hard to buy Gatineau in France even in pharmacies stocking dozens of ranges of skincare. Decleor is "literally" half the price of the UK - usually in Euros what it costs us in pounds - although not sure what it would be now the exchange rate is so different.

Have no idea about the quality/manufacturing of the brand's products, I've had good results with their laser range but am allergic to their throat gel and some eye creams. I do object to the "Madame Jeanne Gatineau..." bit, though, as the brand has nothing whatsoever to do with a pioneer of the 1930s these days, it's all just marketing to create a brand identity and to make us feel we're buying a niche product. But if it works, hurrah.

And I bought the TSV because I do like Floracil and only had an inch left in my current bottle.

I'm feeling like I need to stick up for Donna here... yikes... gonna get my head blown off now. I guess it comes down to horses for courses, when people have earned their cash they make their choices and take their chances. I have good skin but then I take the trouble to look after it, at 38 I have the most annoying laughter lines under my eyes (too much of a smiler with an expressive face). I have tried allsorts of blooming potions to help target that specific area and nothing helped. The texture of my skin is good, it's not slack, it's just the one wrinkle that goes from under my eye across the top of my cheek. I hoped as it was only 1 damn wrinkle either side of my face something must work!!!!! It didn't, so after a year of trying everything I could get my hands on I had some botox..... 5 days after the lines had gone, my face still moves, just no wrinkles HURRAY and it was so much cheaper than all the target potions I have bought. I still use a good cleanser, some neroli and a moisturiser that feels like it's moisturing and a mask once a week and I'm a happier bunny. I guess I agree with both sides, but Donna was right, creams can't shift wrinkles and I think it's wrong for any sales pitch to even hint that it does as we only end up disillusioned and disappointed.

Latest posts

Back