ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Gale Hayman 7 Piece Glamorous You Collection
Today's Special Value Price £35.97
QVC Price £43.25
Item Number 226348
Availability In stock
UK P&P £4.45
Find your favourite Gale Hayman beauty items and new treats too in this Glamorous You collection. It includes full-sized Lip Lift (2.6g) to minimise lip lines, Eye Lift Gel (15ml) to revitalise tired-looking eyes, and 14k Gold Lipstick (3.4g) to soothe your lips while giving them long-lasting shine. There's also reformulated Youth Lift Plus (30ml) to smooth out fine lines, Lip & Eye Primer (3ml) and new Vitasome Energising Serum (15ml) to rehydrate dry skin. Completing the set is the Beauty Clutch - full of eye, lip and cheek colours for day and night.

I wouldn't put anything that is made in China on my skin. Can't stand the woman - Sam? - who flogs it. Always refers to the model Tania as 'Tan'. :10:

sam used to front them when they sold pupa make up....i couldnt believe they had actually got a lady with some meat on her bones to do any presenting [ of any sort ].......
i can say this being of quite ample proportions myself., they also have a model called Joy [i think ]....of a lovely dark skin tone & she used to model the larger sizes & now i am CONVINCED that they have made her be more skinny.....shame as for once the larger lady had someone to represent them.......sorry im rambling & totally off topic......just wanted to let off a bit of steam......having a bad day

Has anyone used Lip Lift? I have heard them recommend this for years but have always gone down the 60p Lipsyl route and spent £ on eye creams instead. Does it do anything more dramatic than Lipsyl or, say, Vaseline? (stop it NOW Snoopy.)

I know many rave about the Lip Lift, but I didn't find it anything special really. And it was a lot smaller than I imagined too.

As shallow as it sounds, the general appearance of the GH stuff puts me off, not to mention the fact it only seems to be sold on those "cheap" makeup sites! For all I know, I'm missing out on something wonderful, but it doesn't really appeal.

Really not tempted by today's TSV either. Is it just me, or does that makeup set look really well....cheap and tacky!?

I know many rave about the Lip Lift, but I didn't find it anything special really. And it was a lot smaller than I imagined too.

As shallow as it sounds, the general appearance of the GH stuff puts me off, not to mention the fact it only seems to be sold on those "cheap" makeup sites! For all I know, I'm missing out on something wonderful, but it doesn't really appeal.

Really not tempted by today's TSV either. Is it just me, or does that makeup set look really well....cheap and tacky!?

That's what I think and for that reason I'd never buy it. Also the presenter looks really awful - pasty faced and eyes that look sore. She always looks like she's been out on the tiles. She has to be an advert for the brand and she looks dreadful IMO.

Never been tempted by this range for all the reasons mentioned by others in this thread. Also, it annoys me that Ali Young makes out that it's a prestigious Hollywood brand and very select. It isn't and they don't even sell it on QVC in the States. I don't know how good or effective the skincare is but the packaging makes it look as if it's been sitting in a warehouse somewhere since 1973. Literally.

I've seen Gale Hayman make-up all over the place on market stalls and those bargain beauty shops, plus on loads of bargain beauty websites.

The cheap looking packaging (especially eyeshadows/bronzers etc which have a leopard print cover) looks even worse when it's surrounded by other really cheap and tacky stuff.

Makes you wonder about the quality when it can be sold everywhere for a couple of quid! :33: I really hate the way QVC try and mislead us into paying way over the odds for ordinary make-up.

All this c**p about being a beauty consultant to the stars and a Hollywood secret just sounds like Fran Wilson all over again. Why don't they come over here then and promote their products? Everybody else does (apart from Bobbi Brown who doesn't need to!) and Madame Gatineau who is probably dead.

All we really know about Gale Hayman is that she once helped to develop a perfume, well so did Jade Goody!! :manic:

Have just had a quick look at the TSV and was v. disappointed, am a make up junkee and might have been tempted had the TSV been £15 and on at 3 easy pay :1:

Have tried the lip lift, i liked it but it is small and expensive. I'd rather use something less expensive and larger in size (much like me....:rolleyes:

I love the lip lift and buy lots of it (I'm currently trying the new 24ct Lip Lift which is a nice colour on me but not as moisturising as the original)

I've tried the other skincare & find it OK but not brilliant.

What I don't like is the make-up colours - I've tried a few and found them very bold colours which don't suit me at all :( I'd buy the TSV if it was just skincare.

Has anyone ever seen Gale Hayman since the 80's?
I think its just a brand name used by some company.

It was actually Fred Hayman her husband who was the main mover behind Gorgio(sp) etc. They divorced and he got the rights to the fragrances etc.

The photo they show of Gale is from the 80's, the packaging with all the leopard print sure looks like it too.

I've tried the lip lift - completely unwhelmed.

Is the perfume that smelt like cats pee still on the inventory?

I doubt if any of it gets within a thousand miles of Beverly Hills on its journey from China - as for the rich & famous choosing to slap it on their mush, about as likely as the eloquent Ms Young allowing a guest to get a word in edge-ways methinks.

my daughter uses the lip lift & literally [ wonder where she gets the owrd ]....she digs down & gets right to the bottom of the tube.....when i remonstarted her for it she said half of the 'bullet' was inside the holder part..shes is on a tight budget........ive now gor her on the shiseido & other lip balms from hong kong [ via a well known auction site ]......the trial size works out about a couple of quid INC postage......not fancy packaging BUT youre not applying that to your lips.......also they do do a orange......a apple etc flavours.......cheap as ships & looks fav rather that a tub of petroleom jelly..

Donna,Gale Hayman was actually on QVC about 5 years ago but didn't stay very long,certainly not the full length of the show with Ali Young :54:
BTW I like the skincare especially the cleanser & toner but haven't bought for ages.The lip lift is fab though & I've been using it since it first came to QVC & Debbie Flint raved about it.Wouldn't pay QVC's prices though & buy from Direct Cosmetis,instead.
The eyelift gel is also very good & a lovely texture.

Donna,Gale Hayman was actually on QVC about 5 years ago but didn't stay very long,certainly not the full length of the show with Ali Young :54:
BTW I like the skincare especially the cleanser & toner but haven't bought for ages.The lip lift is fab though & I've been using it since it first came to QVC & Debbie Flint raved about it.Wouldn't pay QVC's prices though & buy from Direct Cosmetis,instead.
The eyelift gel is also very good & a lovely texture.

She was!!!:11:

Latest posts

Back