Friendly Soap

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Vienna

Registered Shopper
Like a lot of people I`ve been trying to cut back on plastic, items containing palm oil, cruelty free plus made here in the UK.
I`ve been using several items from the company below and have found them excellent. I love the shampoo bars and the shea facial bar, I`ve yet to try other items once my stash of pre bought toiletries is used up. They do advise not to use the shampoo bar in hard water areas and explain why.
There`s no palm oil, sulfates or preservatives in any of their bars and the prices are good.

Like a lot of people I`ve been trying to cut back on plastic, items containing palm oil, cruelty free plus made here in the UK.
I`ve been using several items from the company below and have found them excellent. I love the shampoo bars and the shea facial bar, I`ve yet to try other items once my stash of pre bought toiletries is used up. They do advise not to use the shampoo bar in hard water areas and explain why.
There`s no palm oil, sulfates or preservatives in any of their bars and the prices are good.
What a coincidence I've just bought several bars. Thank you for the review Vienna, I'm sure I'll love them.

What a coincidence I've just bought several bars. Thank you for the review Vienna, I'm sure I'll love them.
Let me know how you find them Twilight ? I`ve only used the shampoo bar and shea facial bar so far so would be interested how people find other items I haven`t yet used.
I`ve got lots of soap bars to use up before I buy anymore. Mr V loves bar soap and I`ve always stocked up on locally made olive oil soap when we visited Turkey but once I`ve used all my shower gel and liquid hand soap then I`ll use soap bars too. My oldest granddaughter who`se almost 15 has become really aware of environmental issues and has persuaded her Mum to be more "green and eco friendly" and when she was here last she spoke about it and made me feel I should be doing more too.

Let me know how you find them Twilight ? I`ve only used the shampoo bar and shea facial bar so far so would be interested how people find other items I haven`t yet used.
I`ve got lots of soap bars to use up before I buy anymore. Mr V loves bar soap and I`ve always stocked up on locally made olive oil soap when we visited Turkey but once I`ve used all my shower gel and liquid hand soap then I`ll use soap bars too. My oldest granddaughter who`se almost 15 has become really aware of environmental issues and has persuaded her Mum to be more "green and eco friendly" and when she was here last she spoke about it and made me feel I should be doing more too.
It's more than time that we all adopt the view that we are temporary custodians of the planet, and out first duty is to pass it down to the next generation in good order.

When I first began recycling I was viewed as eccentric (putting it kindly)...especially as I would be trying to recycle as much as possible.
I am working through all my household products and moving over to Ecover and Method.
I don't do as well as some of you evidently do, but I'm aiming for progress not perfection.
If we all make little adjustments here and small changes there it will add up to a significant shift from more wasteful times.

Do they do conditioner bars too? Just answered my own question! They do đź‘Ť

It's more than time that we all adopt the view that we are temporary custodians of the planet, and out first duty is to pass it down to the next generation in good order.

When I first began recycling I was viewed as eccentric (putting it kindly)...especially as I would be trying to recycle as much as possible.
I am working through all my household products and moving over to Ecover and Method.
I don't do as well as some of you evidently do, but I'm aiming for progress not perfection.
If we all make little adjustments here and small changes there it will add up to a significant shift from more wasteful times.

Do they do conditioner bars too?
Yes they do conditioner bars MM. I haven`t tried one yet. I`ve only ever bought cruelty free skincare and cleaning stuff for a good while so I`m not too bad with that. The bodywash I use is also cruelty free but in bottles and the same with shampoo and conditioner. I`m moving over to bars gradually.

Yes they do conditioner bars MM. I haven`t tried one yet. I`ve only ever bought cruelty free skincare and cleaning stuff for a good while so I`m not too bad with that. The bodywash I use is also cruelty free but in bottles and the same with shampoo and conditioner. I`m moving over to bars gradually.
I'm a little worried about the hard water aspect. Although they have London listed as medium, my taps and kettle say different!

Your granddaughters both sound delightful & I hope you won't think it's condescending for me to write that their parents have done a wonderful job of raising them.

If anyone is interested, Tilly Oak does a small number of shampoo bars for hard water.
Also L'Occitane has released solid shampoo last week.

I'm a little worried about the hard water aspect. Although they have London listed as medium, my taps and kettle say different!
I shampooed with a soap bar. All white bits in my hair from the hard water forming 'soap scum' .The bar was by 'nuddy' one of the more exoensive ones. If you want to go the soap way with hard water, apple cider vinegar to rinse! My water is classed as very hard. When I lived in West London it was hard also, but here is the worst!

I have some olive saop from Greece. May dig out for a treat. How do you find it, V? Some soaps just dry my hands. A serious culprit was Faith in Nauture. I won't use it now.

I have some olive saop from Greece. May dig out for a treat. How do you find it, V? Some soaps just dry my hands. A serious culprit was Faith in Nauture. I won't use it now.
Mr V uses olive oil soap bars in the shower and I`ve used it to shave my armpits and find it very softening. You have to be careful not to leave it in water because it goes mushy very quickly. The soap I buy from Turkey comes in big blocks, a muddy green colour and unscented. I once got stopped for a bag search at Dalaman airport and the security person looked at me strangely when she found my hand luggage contained nothing but soap. It`s dirt cheap over there and I always stock up with it. Mr V says it reminds him of the big bars of the old style Fairy Household soap they used in the the pit head baths when he was a miner but that soap was an olive oil soap too but is no longer made.

Talking of soap. On Thursday the programme Made In Britain on ITV4 is showing a soap factory which is spitting distance from where I lived as a kid. The factory still uses old traditional methods and machinery and at certain times of the day a plume of vapour would be blown from the factory chimney and the air would smell wonderful. It was vapour from the manufacturing process they used. I`m on their facebook page and us oldies comment about the wonderful smell. They have their own eau de cologne they use in some of their soaps and the factory originally opened in 1938 but during the War they were commissioned to make other stuff besides soap such as boot polish and leather cream.

I wouldn’t use the hair products but the soaps sound lovely. Unfortunately for me I have a carrier bag of soaps I always bought as regular items in the January sales, and bought far more than I ever used in the year! So there is a ban on buying new ones until this is used up.. And given that I normally shower in MB and use MB hand wash, that is still a very long way off.

Using soap is much much more environmentally friendly as no plastic and many more bars of soap can be transported in the same space that the plastic bottles fill. I am amazed at how small the selection of soaps are in the shops.
I use a magnetic soap holder for one bar and a soap dish with holes to drain other soaps. Here is the Ebay link for the magnetic soap holder

Unbelievably, I'd never thought about the environmental impact of bottled shampoos and liquid soaps till now, so thank you everyone for drawing my attention to it. Why didn't I think of that earlier? I'm working my way through a few bars of soap, too, but I like the sound of the friendlysoap co once I'm through with the others.

If anybody is thinking of ordering from the Friendly Soap website I`ve received a discount code this morning which is clean15 (lower case). I hope it works for anybody else.

My daughter uses it & after two days in her home looking after little granddaughter my hands are wrecked.

My daughter uses it & after two days in her home looking after little granddaughter my hands are wrecked.
You mean Faith In Nature, T?

I've not fully trialled my new bar - feels so dry - so it's sitting all newbarofsoap!
unused.

You mean Faith In Nature, T?

I've not fully trialled my new bar - feels so dry - so it's sitting all newbarofsoap!
unused.
Yes, both Faith in Nature bar & liquid soap make my skin so dry I can pick up a pair of tights or a microfibre cloth by just putting one hand onto them & a couple of weeks after my hands have become really dry my nails start to fall apart. There's a new thread about Leighton Denny & I'm sure he said that however dry your hands are your nails are ten times drier.

Latest posts

Back