For goodness sake Alison!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Cherclue

Registered Shopper
Just say what the product is!!! I want to know the product types and named scents straight away. I don't need to know the million different types of people I could buy it for and why. Once I know what the stuff actually is and what it smells like then I'll know who'd like it.

I'm talking about the Man 4 All Seasons set that has just been on, it was quicker for me to look on the internet to find out what it was and the scents but not everyone has access to the internet or perhaps it'll take them a while to log on. She still didn't say what the scents were when she ended the presentation so it could have sold out by the time I'd found out.

And for goodness sake Alison

Let the guest finish their sentence before butting in with what you want to say.......very rude and extremely annoying :12:

I know its not just AY with this problem but Ive noticed it a lot today!

Bet

Totally agree

Just say what the product is!!! I want to know the product types and named scents straight away. I don't need to know the million different types of people I could buy it for and why. Once I know what the stuff actually is and what it smells like then I'll know who'd like it.

I'm talking about the Man 4 All Seasons set that has just been on, it was quicker for me to look on the internet to find out what it was and the scents but not everyone has access to the internet or perhaps it'll take them a while to log on. She still didn't say what the scents were when she ended the presentation so it could have sold out by the time I'd found out.

I totally agree, Glad to know I am not the only one who gets annoyed by her going on and on and on and on.......:

For goodness sake Alison!

she needs to lower her voice down an octave, it is painful listening to her, and, as well as trying to be polite and hospitable to guests, (there's a novelty!) , she should not belittle the models who cannot answer back.

I really don't care whether she can use a washing machine or not, I already know more about her personal life that I could care about.

Pity the poor horses!

she needs to lower her voice down an octave, it is painful listening to her, and, as well as trying to be polite and hospitable to guests, (there's a novelty!) , she should not belittle the models who cannot answer back.

I really don't care whether she can use a washing machine or not, I already know more about her personal life that I could care about.

Pity the poor horses!

Have you ever heard AY doing the 'lowering her voice an octave' thing? Well, its more like several octaves and she does it when she wants to sound serious or compelling! She starts off normally then down it goes....its quite scary:52:

Bet

I think QVC have created a monster in Alison Young.

She is an egotistical bore, and I don't care how many years she has in the beauty industry she has or how much knowledge and experience she claims to have.It does not make her interesting,articulate or watchable.
She is a presenter just like the others and has no influence over me or what I buy.
I feel exactly the same about the Elemis rep Keeley and her babble and all the other beauty sales personel.
Rant over:11:

She never quotes the sizes either! To somebody new to shopping off the telly , 75ml or 125ml bottle can look extremely large on screen and those 15ml tubes from gatineau too. When they arrive it can be so disappointing. I now estimate the size by the presenters' hands. Otherwise I look on 'Just shown items' and read the measure.

i actually like alison she is so very entertaining and i laugh all the time as she is a real character but she really does talk a lot over all the presenters. did anyone see the lieghton denny presentation when he interrupted her all the time and when she was talking about her husband and food and everything else that she loves to talk about lieghton just talked over her to get back on track about the product. it was so funny i laughed all the time.love live telly.

i actually like alison she is so very entertaining and i laugh all the time as she is a real character but she really does talk a lot over all the presenters. did anyone see the lieghton denny presentation when he interrupted her all the time and when she was talking about her husband and food and everything else that she loves to talk about lieghton just talked over her to get back on track about the product. it was so funny i laughed all the time.love live telly.

It was fantastic and just as it should be. LD quite rightly took control, he was there for his product and not to hear AY tell us that she wants roast beef this Christmas. I hope that others follow his example.

I think QVC have created a monster in Alison Young.

She is an egotistical bore, and I don't care how many years she has in the beauty industry she has or how much knowledge and experience she claims to have.It does not make her interesting,articulate or watchable.
She is a presenter just like the others and has no influence over me or what I buy.
I feel exactly the same about the Elemis rep Keeley and her babble and all the other beauty sales personel.
Rant over:11:

Alison is here for her knowledge of the beauty industry and the many beauty products ranges; she certainly knows what she is talking about. She is able to gie us advice on how and why to use the various products and which brand will be better suited to which type of skin. How to tell what kind of skin you have.
Ultimately, it doesn't matter whether she is a likeable person or not; she knows her stuff1
Personally, I quite like Alison - but then she is an animal lover!

The number of times she asks a guest to go through the contents of a kit only to start talking over them about 5 seconds later :12:

Give the old trout the boot.

The number of times she asks a guest to go through the contents of a kit only to start talking over them about 5 seconds later :12:

Give the old trout the boot.

No one can talk and explain things fast enough for Alison, I think it's so rude when she talks over people.

It was fantastic and just as it should be. LD quite rightly took control, he was there for his product and not to hear AY tell us that she wants roast beef this Christmas. I hope that others follow his example.

You both took the words out of my mouth ! He was talking about the product and she started talking about she fancied roast beef and he just carried on talking - he did it several times when she tried to interrupt. He is obviously comfortable enough to do that but other guest presenters who are not on so often or maybe present not such a 'strong' brand may not feel able too - shame, because we really do not get enough information about products sometimes and it must stop people purchasing.

AY waffles on and tells you absolutely nothing, and as I've said before you have to go and look the details up on the website. Anothing embarassing thing she does is going on about 'you work with this and that celebrity ..... etc' I find it toe curling as I expect do they. Who cares if someone z lister uses a product.

i think the horse had the right idea when she hurt her lip, bet it was thinking 'just shut the feck up'

Alison is here for her knowledge of the beauty industry and the many beauty products ranges; she certainly knows what she is talking about. She is able to gie us advice on how and why to use the various products and which brand will be better suited to which type of skin. How to tell what kind of skin you have.
Ultimately, it doesn't matter whether she is a likeable person or not; she knows her stuff1
Personally, I quite like Alison - but then she is an animal lover!

We possibly only think Alison knows her stuff because she tells us she does LOL!!!
I love animals too!

She never quotes the sizes either! To somebody new to shopping off the telly , 75ml or 125ml bottle can look extremely large on screen and those 15ml tubes from gatineau too. When they arrive it can be so disappointing. I now estimate the size by the presenters' hands. Otherwise I look on 'Just shown items' and read the measure.

I know what you mean. I am a prize mug. Even though I should know better as I have plenty of 15ml tubes of this that and the other I still fall for the fact they look ENORMOUS compared to the real size when shown on the telly.

Latest posts

Back