first QVC purchase

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Aaawww yeah I remember, mine was a five stone graduating diamonique anniversary ring in yellow gold, with a lovely woven gallery setting. It was a TSV about four or five years ago......it's still my favourite among the hoardes I have since purchased.

Mine was an Aveda kit with 50ml bottles of Shampure, Curressence, Chakra shower gel and the skincare in dark green glass bottles, took me months to pluck up the courage to ring up and order!

:sun:

My first purchase was a Nail FX kit - it's up in the attic somewhere now :blush:

I think one of my firsts was that too and I can't bear throwing it away either; it's in my cupboard of doom :blush: Oh and one of my first and best ever was a Celtic silver ring that I've never taken off, absolute bargain at under £15 over a decade ago :up2:

Also remember that I opened the account as a teenager, maybe 14 yrs old and had to give my mum the money to use her card. Saturday job wages on QVC, how odd :giggle:

A silver diamonique half eternity ring (discontinued now) for the princely sum of £11.

If only that had been my sole QVC purchase, I'd be quids in. Thank goodness for the F.A.R.T.s. ;)

A 3-ring silver and diamonique set: solitaire with some small stones either side, with 2 wishbone rings sandwiching it. I remember QVC sending the plastic strip ring sizer when I first joined, and the satisfaction I got in properly measuring various fingers in the comfort of my own home!

I think mine was Cleanse & Polish as well but I'm relatively new to it and QVC than a lot of you folks - I remember my first purchase was made in about 2005. That really opened the floodgates re: beauty buys on QVC though. I also remember one of my first purchases being from Elemis (maybe a TSV) as I remember using SOS Emergency Cream and the Papaya Enzyme Peel at that time as well. x

My first purchase was made a little earlier. I had had my freeview for many months when, in a moment of boredom with the terrestrial channels, I decided to channel-hop. Imagine my surprise to find AY doing an Elemis show, and I had thought that QVC sold only jewellery.

Elemis Milk Bath and other lovelies were my first purchases. Nothing for a couple of years and then the floodgates opened - beauty, jewellery, DIY and even a Slumberland bed.:sleepy:

Now, thanks to the forum in general, and the FARTers in particular, I have learned the folly of my ways, and buy only that which I need.:angel:

My first purchase was two months after QVC Started. It was a Star Trek watch for my son, and it still works - but he doesn't wear it now!

Oh gosh - I really had to think, but am sure it was a magic hammer that had a magntised head and held the nails in place, must be about 10yrs ago. Still have it and much better than hammering fingers. After this I bought a Domena ironing press which I am still using constantly and would hate to be without. Since then I have bought some dodgy things and much too much crafting stuff!!!

That was mine too - when Timber was with Smashbox - and since then my stash as grown at an alarming rate (although a being a mini f.a.r.t.e.r these days :) )

PLEASE put me out of my misery. What are F.A.R.T.S. and F. A. R. T. E. R's??
Am fascinated......
Love Joy
PS Oh yes, my first purchase was a diamonique ring with 3 stones and a rub-over setting that is still one of my favourite rings......apart from my 18ct gold diamond solitaire engagement ring that is.......(bought a diamonique 'copy' of this a few months later and have worn it ever since - no worries if I lose it or damage it, and the real one is safely in the jewellery box) xx

Last edited:
PLEASE put me out of my misery. What are F.A.R.T.S. and F. A. R. T. E. R's??
Am fascinated......
Love Joy
PS Oh yes, my first purchase was a diamonique ring with 3 stones and a rub-over setting that is still one of my favourite rings......apart from my 18ct gold diamond solitaire engagement ring that is.......(bought a diamonique 'copy' of this a few months later and have worn it ever since - no worries if I lose it or damage it, and the real one is safely in the jewellery box) xx

FARTS - Forumites Against Reckless TSV Spending. Check out the thread. It's where we support each other against buying a TSV for one item when we have huge stockpiles in the house. x

Many moons ago now :cheeky:, but it was the pen set that they used to bash through the empty coke can! :muscle:

daydreamer

Latest posts

Back