First Andrea Mclean now Lisa Snowdon!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

This thread was over a week ago hence me saying it had been nice on here for the last week or so , and i stand by that :clapping:
Well its good everyone is entitled to their own opinion and we don't need to rely on anyone else's opinion. So you can rest now Autumn we've all heard what you;ve said, but some of us don't agree, and thats good IMO :clapping::cheeky:

Well its good everyone is entitled to their own opinion and we don't need to rely on anyone else's opinion. So you can rest now Autumn we've all heard what you;ve said, but some of us don't agree, and thats good IMO :clapping::cheeky:

i dunno barbs - seems there might be a time limit in which you can comment??

first i'd seen of it and was flicking through and noting all the new rules. then commenting on it is "dragging it up"?? weird.

I never said anyone wasnt entilted to there oppinions, someone else dragged this thread up and quoted something i said, so i felt it was only fair to reply

I never said anyone wasnt entilted to there oppinions, someone else dragged this thread up and quoted something i said, so i felt it was only fair to reply

i did not "drag anything up" - or are you making the rules now?? comment within a time to suit lynn and autumn? if you are done with the thread, you can clearly see who's posted so why not just ignore it rather than chiming in?

not to mention my post was clearly addressed to debrajane.

This thread was over a week ago hence me saying it had been nice on here for the last week or so , and i stand by that :clapping:

Autumn a voice of reason

This voice is losing the will to live FAST lol

Rise above it Autumn

Its just you sounded so fed up and tired of pointing it out to us all, that i thought i'd tell you we all realise it and have our own opinions. Thanks anyway

i did not "drag anything up" - or are you making the rules now?? comment within a time to suit lynn and autumn? if you are done with the thread, you can clearly see who's posted so why not just ignore it rather than chiming in?

No u said something about what i had said in another thread, i said it had been nice on here, so i was entiltled to respond. Anyway as Jabba said ill rise above it as i can see where this is heading

So lisa snowdon hey :cheeky:

I think Lisa's working her way up to "Tiffany Watch" visibility. You see, her face will be like when Denzil kept seeing Del Boy in that Christmas special years ago. She's already been in the gossip mags for ages cos of Mr. Clooney, she's on morning radio, now Q. She'll be doing the walk in shower next and those comfy recliner chair ads :wink: Fair play to her, she's more interesting than most in those mags I look thru at the hairdressers.

Y

Hi Janie, long time no post my love welcome back. As you can see very little changes in Dodge City. It gets very boring playing dodgoms with the openly antagonistic posts that are clearly trying to wind people up - that post of mine that you commented on was my playground monitor bit on another trying day.

God how I miss Burlz and his humour.

Havent seen any Lisa Snowdon products yet have you? (back to the thread before I get told off).
DJ x

I just tried to look and it comes up with an error msg. Lisa's a lovely looking stylish girl so I think it should be ok.

Looks like Lisa Snowdon has a range of jewellery coming to QVC

No photos or details yet but items on website.

Lisa Snowdon 0.08ct Diamond Horseshoe Ring 9ct Gold
http://www.qvcuk.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?partNumber=607797

Lisa Snowdon 0.15ct Diamond Heart Drop Earrings Gold Plated
http://www.qvcuk.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?partNumber=607798

Lisa Snowdon 0.2ct Diamond Tennis Bracelet Gold Plated
http://www.qvcuk.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?partNumber=607799

Lisa Snowdon 0.15ct Diamond Multi Hoop Earrings Gold Plated
http://www.qvcuk.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?partNumber=607802

Lisa Snowdon 0.12ct Diamond Double Circle Necklace Gold Plated
http://www.qvcuk.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?partNumber=607801

What makes 2 Z List "Celebs" think that any lady wants to wear a fashion line by them..or by any "celeb" for that matter? When you aspire to look like a former weather girl,and a talking head,I think it;s time for some reassessment.

What makes 2 Z List "Celebs" think that any lady wants to wear a fashion line by them..or by any "celeb" for that matter? When you aspire to look like a former weather girl,and a talking head,I think it;s time for some reassessment.
I don't disagree Ryan, for them designing their own jewellery is a pet project/hobby, I wouldn't expect others to be interested in the outputs of my hobbies. There are a lot of talented individuals out there struggling to make a living from something they either trained for or have a natural flair for, and so called Z-list 'celebrities' are limiting their opportunities to make a living.

Surely Ms Snowdon, Ms MacLean etc are just doing what thousands of other people would do in their place (and many do, without the back-up of a major retailer)? Aren't they just branching out? What's so wrong with that? Trust me, anyone in any kind of creative industry has to face an unusual degree of people' s criticism. There is no right and wrong to be measured by, just the vagaries of other people's tastes and inclinations. Some may think it arrogant to even attempt to sell something you have created, designed, painted, written etc, but few of those doing it are doing it because they are arrogant, rather they enjoy doing something, feel great joy from doing it and someone else has encouraged them, perhaps told them they have a talent for it. "Putting it out there" and waiting to see whether other people think it's any good is one of the hardest things you can do.

I understand your point Nikki but I don't exactly agree, I think they (or maybe others - may be doing a disservice here) are trading on their name and so called celebrity status to sell something. Slightly different subject, but I personally feel strongly about people who hire ghost writers to bring out books in their name - if someone else writes it let them take the credit.

Its just cashing in on their celebrity status and that's what doesn't sit well with me. Both Lisa and Andrea are tabloid fodder, neither particularly talented presenters, so the jewellery lines are just a cash cow to them. For Q it just fuels their ever increasing obsession with celebrity.
Having said this, i do quite like some of Andrea's range:blush:

I understand your point Nikki but I don't exactly agree, I think they (or maybe others - may be doing a disservice here) are trading on their name and so called celebrity status to sell something.

That is true, but I don't blame them at all. If the products stand up on their own (and people are, presumably, buying Andrea Maclean jewellery because they like it, not just because they like her), then it's just another way of publicising it. Everyone does it, even unheard of people. You may not want t go on the radio to talk about a book, say, or the telly to be interviewed, but you'd be a fool not to, because there are so many products out there, why would you risk yours being overlooked?

own brand

Our local grocery shop used to stock a variety of 3 or 4 ranges on a product. eg: SaladDressings. Now, only their brand is stocked, you must shop elsewhere if you don't want their generic brand offering. I think this is what Q are doing. They are pushing TheirOwnBrands with 'fancy/different packaging' ie: Tova/McLean/Snowden. Last time I looked, ElleJewellery and KimberleySelwood were in LastClicks, 'off the shelves'. So well-established and trained JewelleryDesigners ousted in favour of figureheads under the Q-Umbrella. Is it the same in other areas? Fashion, with SusanGraver. Cleaning? Handbags? Shoes? Cookware-CooksEssential is their OwnBrand. 'ExclusiveToQ'? x AsISeeItSnarly

Having said this, i do quite like some of Andrea's range:blush:
Which just goes to prove my previous point. It's a marketing strategy. People like and buy the range. If they didn't like it, they wouldn't buy it. Regardless of who had designed it.

Which just goes to prove my previous point. It's a marketing strategy. People like and buy the range. If they didn't like it, they wouldn't buy it. Regardless of who had designed it.

without a doubt its a marketing strategy, but i don't like it.

Y
Hi Janie, long time no post my love welcome back. As you can see very little changes in Dodge City. It gets very boring playing dodgoms with the openly antagonistic posts that are clearly trying to wind people up - that post of mine that you commented on was my playground monitor bit on another trying day.

God how I miss Burlz and his humour.

Havent seen any Lisa Snowdon products yet have you? (back to the thread before I get told off).
DJ x

thanks debrajane :) i assume graham was pleased to see me too as the traffic doubled within a few minutes of me posting. always happy to help :) yes it is extremely boring though isn't it? the irony and the timing is always good for a laugh though ;)

i don't even know who lisa snowdon is so i can't see me queuing up to get a look at her jewellery ;)

Latest posts

Back