finally cracked today

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

queenie

Registered Shopper
well girls I have gone 37 days and cracked,went for the tsv today,the yankee one,after being such a good girl
husband now pouring scorn on the holiday idea after he said if we didnt spend we could have a week away in Oct
fed up to say the least!!
have resisted so many things over the last few weeks aswell and paid off a huge amount off the credit card
am now sulking...massively:sad:

Well done queenie, 37 days is a great achievement :clapping:
hope hubby gives in and you get your break in October as I think you deserve it

I havent bought any yankee today but did have a spending spree last week,
I blame OH as he was away with work and I was on my own :tongue2:

Say it was an early Christmas pressie purchase?

I bought something....last night, totally out of the blue, thought about it for half an hour but it was on easy payments for the hour only, so had to make my decision. Now thinking I shouldn't have bought it, don't need it one bit. I am trying to analyse why I felt the need to make a purchase when I did not need the item?:sad:

well done queenie on lasting out so long , don't blame you sulking after being such a good girl you deserve a holiday! Still not too late to book a last-minute bargain break so hope you can change hubby's mind.

Well done queenie, 37 days is a great achievement :clapping:
hope hubby gives in and you get your break in October as I think you deserve it

I havent bought any yankee today but did have a spending spree last week,
I blame OH as he was away with work and I was on my own :tongue2:

thanks Bluebell,that makes me feel better
its always nice to have someone to blame for our spending,I am blaming my hubby aswell as he has cheesed me off today!!

well done, quennie. you have paid a big chunk off your credit card. you really deserve a reward! xx

I bought something....last night, totally out of the blue, thought about it for half an hour but it was on easy payments for the hour only, so had to make my decision. Now thinking I shouldn't have bought it, don't need it one bit. I am trying to analyse why I felt the need to make a purchase when I did not need the item?:sad:

If you manage to solve this conundrum, Northernlights, please share the solution with the rest of us... I bet quite a few of us have been wondering why too... :wonder2:

What was it ? Sorry to be so nosey.

well done, quennie. you have paid a big chunk off your credit card. you really deserve a reward! xx

thanks watersiren
better stop sulking now and remind myself how lucky I am!!
have had one great holiday already this year,if I dont get another I will just treat myself on QVC goodies instead!!!!!!!!!!

thanks watersiren
better stop sulking now and remind myself how lucky I am!!
have had one great holiday already this year,if I dont get another I will just treat myself on QVC goodies instead!!!!!!!!!!

that's the attitude, queenie!!:clapping:

I could follow my own advice and keep it as an early Christmas pressie purchase for my teenager....or send it straight back . LOL!:rock:

Good for you queenie, on holding out for so long! You deserve a little treat especially since you've paid off a whack of your credit card. I'm sure hubby will eventually see things your way ;)

I'm on school hols at the moment - I'm an infant teacher - and I find i spend massively when I'm on school holidays.I've managed to resist qvc quite a lot recently - but I've certainly given other sites a bashing!

I'm on school hols at the moment - I'm an infant teacher - and I find i spend massively when I'm on school holidays.I've managed to resist qvc quite a lot recently - but I've certainly given other sites a bashing!

I am annoyed with myself for buying the tsv,thinking about it I dont really need it,will end up splitting the samplers for little gifts and using the rest up myself,having said that I have quite a few plug ins to use yet.
Waited all day for a good oto but it didnt happen! Ah, well,time to be good again.
I tend to watch more when I am bored so going to get busy now, eldest son back at school tomorrow so not much time to watch today!!!!!!!!!

Well Queenie as you know I'm trying to be good as well and I find - like most people I expect - a combination of the carrot and thestick works best for me.

It's good to have a reward to work towards but sometimes I also need some nagging. (thank you Loveheart! :flower:) It's the combination of the two approaches that works best for me. I need the planned reward and to be able to spend sometimes otherwise it's like being on a strict diet and obsessing about chocolate all the time - which makes me weaken faster and go further off the deep end when I do. (Actually when I was on Atkins I obsessed about apples and carrots!)

I think you did a cool thing and deserve a reward, and some appreciation for your efforts. Otherwise it's easy to think "Why bother?"

Maybe it's just taking Hubby a while to get on board with all this? It took my hubby a couple of months to realise that I was serious about spending a lot less in general on the frills in life, and about cutting my QVC spend right down in particular because I am a sucker for the sale patter and I buy useless and unsuitable things!

He's right behind me now and has been making helpful suggestions. He even headed my daughter off at the pass this moring when she was about to suggest that we get the TSV plus matching earrings and share it! :D

Would it help to set a firm target? If your credit card is down to x amount by such and such a date then happy holidays here we come? :D He can't argue with that then can he?

Every time I resist something by closing the window instead of pressing SUBMIT I'm putting the amount of money that purchase would have cost me away in a savings account. Hubby is expecting me to have over £1000 in there by Christmas based on past spending! :eek:

Well Queenie as you know I'm trying to be good as well and I find - like most people I expect - a combination of the carrot and thestick works best for me.

It's good to have a reward to work towards but sometimes I also need some nagging. (thank you Loveheart! :flower:) It's the combination of the two approaches that works best for me. I need the planned reward and to be able to spend sometimes otherwise it's like being on a strict diet and obsessing about chocolate all the time - which makes me weaken faster and go further off the deep end when I do. (Actually when I was on Atkins I obsessed about apples and carrots!)

I think you did a cool thing and deserve a reward, and some appreciation for your efforts. Otherwise it's easy to think "Why bother?"

Maybe it's just taking Hubby a while to get on board with all this? It took my hubby a couple of months to realise that I was serious about spending a lot less in general on the frills in life, and about cutting my QVC spend right down in particular because I am a sucker for the sale patter and I buy useless and unsuitable things!

He's right behind me now and has been making helpful suggestions. He even headed my daughter off at the pass this moring when she was about to suggest that we get the TSV plus matching earrings and share it! :D

Would it help to set a firm target? If your credit card is down to x amount by such and such a date then happy holidays here we come? :D He can't argue with that then can he?

Every time I resist something by closing the window instead of pressing SUBMIT I'm putting the amount of money that purchase would have cost me away in a savings account. Hubby is expecting me to have over £1000 in there by Christmas based on past spending! :eek:

thanks for your support love a'kin,youre a star x
you are right,he is just taking time to come round to the holiday,even though he suggested it,thats the trouble sometimes, you have to gently remind him things were his own idea in the first place!!
you wouldnt believe how much I paid off my card,over two months,I have really grafted hard for that money aswell,I am a district nurse and work 3 nights,it has been so busy and stressful over the last 6 weeks or so,I really want to have a holiday to look forward toI have also kitted the 3 kids out in new school uniforms and had all 3 of them have birthdays in the last 6 weeks!!!,the eldest lads uniform was 200 quid as he is going to secondary school this time
I more than deserve what I spent on the tsv and that is not me being spoilt,
he bought season tickets to man utd for him and our son at a cost of 800 quid!!
anyway you are right,I am still going to behave and just buy what is really essential and not fall for all the patter as I have done in the past
I am lucky really,just a bit fed up at the mo thats all
going 37 days was a real achievement!!:cheeky:

thanks for your support love a'kin,youre a star x
you are right,he is just taking time to come round to the holiday,even though he suggested it,thats the trouble sometimes, you have to gently remind him things were his own idea in the first place!!
you wouldnt believe how much I paid off my card,over two months,I have really grafted hard for that money aswell,I am a district nurse and work 3 nights,it has been so busy and stressful over the last 6 weeks or so,I really want to have a holiday to look forward toI have also kitted the 3 kids out in new school uniforms and had all 3 of them have birthdays in the last 6 weeks!!!,the eldest lads uniform was 200 quid as he is going to secondary school this time
I more than deserve what I spent on the tsv and that is not me being spoilt,
he bought season tickets to man utd for him and our son at a cost of 800 quid!!
anyway you are right,I am still going to behave and just buy what is really essential and not fall for all the patter as I have done in the past
I am lucky really,just a bit fed up at the mo thats all
going 37 days was a real achievement!!:cheeky:

It is honey - I'm pooing my pants a bit at the thought of doing only 35! :D

It is honey - I'm pooing my pants a bit at the thought of doing only 35! :D
So not only are we wetting our pants we are also pooing them as well. Better put some bicycle clips on the bottom of your YBF brown trousers. Good colour for you then.

Latest posts

Back